+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: To the "Premade VS premade queue" crowd...

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default To the "Premade VS premade queue" crowd...

    You do realise that it will not change anything if the premade want - as many implied - to stomp pugs?
    Guess what happen when 10-15-20 people of the same "group" sign up solo for a warfront. They'll be in the same game, at least >50% of them.

    Not going to argue for or against a solution to the premade/pug problem...
    But just saying this solution ( premade only queues ) wouldn't work at all.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-02-2011 at 11:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    You do realise that it will not change anything if the premade want - as many implied - to stomp pugs?
    Guess what happen when 10-15-20 people of the same "group" sign up solo for a warfront. They'll be in the same game, at least >50% of them.

    Not going to argue for or against a solution to the premade/pug problem...
    But just saying this solution ( premade only queues ) wouldn't work at all.
    The first time they got in without any of their healers, they wouldn't do it again.

    I think you don't realize why many of us premade, it's not to pick on PUGs, though I freely admit some losers out there do it. We do it because we want to group with our friends, wife, kids, guildmates, etc. I want premade only queues because I want a challenge, and quite frankly, free wins have become boring. I don't know why any player part of a premade wouldn't want premade only queues.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-02-2011 at 11:58 PM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  3. #3
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    It will at least eliminate the Premades who stomp pugs because they don't have any other options. Which is a massive improvement for both camps.
    I'm so BORED

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    It will at least eliminate the Premades who stomp pugs because they don't have any other options. Which is a massive improvement for both camps.
    I guess that's a valid point, but that will still only be 2-3 premades per server.
    I can assure you right away that if such a queue were to be implemented, after a few days/weeks, the top premades will be well known, and as soon as people from the ennemy faction ( weaker premades ) will see they're queue'ing, they'll stop queue'ing against them and just roll against pugs again.

    Most most most most of the time, the only premade that wants to fight other premades is the #1 premade of the server/shard/game. All other premades want to fight pugs, or other weaker premades when they know the #1 premade isn't queue'ing.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The first time they got in without any of their healers, they wouldn't do it again.

    I think you don't realize why a few of us of us premade, it's not to pick on PUGs, though I freely admit many losers out there do it. We do it because we want to group with our friends, wife, kids, guildmates, etc. I want premade only queues because I want a challenge, and quite frankly, free wins have become boring. I don't know why any player part of a premade wouldn't want premade only queues.
    I love what you wrote but had to fix it for you.

    At least on my cluster most of the premades are there to farm, they will even yell "farm time" or taunt you in other ways during the *** kicking. It is really sad as these idiots don't even realize they are killing the game and pretty much screwing their own future in it. Had one this morning taunting us and I yelled to them when they have 2 hour queues after we all quit what are they going to do.......one replied there are always more sheep.

    Queue times are a non-factor as that is an easy fix, get rid of the clusters.......presto! Better queue times.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-03-2011 at 04:44 AM.

  6. #6
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    I guess that's a valid point, but that will still only be 2-3 premades per server.
    I can assure you right away that if such a queue were to be implemented, after a few days/weeks, the top premades will be well known, and as soon as people from the ennemy faction ( weaker premades ) will see they're queue'ing, they'll stop queue'ing against them and just roll against pugs again.

    Most most most most of the time, the only premade that wants to fight other premades is the #1 premade of the server/shard/game. All other premades want to fight pugs, or other weaker premades when they know the #1 premade isn't queue'ing.
    You're wrong.
    I'm so BORED

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    You're wrong.
    Then for some reason you believe Rift is different from every single MMORPG ever played.
    In any other MMO, as soon as the top premade, the A teams, start queue'ing, the other premades ( who've been rolling pugs for 6 hours in a row ) stop queue'ing.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Then for some reason you believe Rift is different from every single MMORPG ever played.
    In any other MMO, as soon as the top premade, the A teams, start queue'ing, the other premades ( who've been rolling pugs for 6 hours in a row ) stop queue'ing.
    ^^ Fact.

    We call them "Dodgers," of competition.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Samhayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Then for some reason you believe Rift is different from every single MMORPG ever played.
    In any other MMO, as soon as the top premade, the A teams, start queue'ing, the other premades ( who've been rolling pugs for 6 hours in a row ) stop queue'ing.
    then they're bad premades, if you quit just because you may lose then your no better then the people who are pugging and complaining there outmatched.

    they need to do what they tell the puggers to do, get a ( better ) team, learn to assist better, get better gear, just stop being bad and maybe youll be the #1 team.

    pug v pug and premade v premade is easy enough to do and they can make it if the que is takeing to long then the chance of pug v premade increases to shorten the wait. it doesn't have to be a strict premade v premade system but it should be a priority system at least trying to match premades v premade first then opening it up if there is no one to match against.
    Something witty goes here.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayn View Post
    pug v pug and premade v premade is easy enough to do and they can make it if the que is takeing to long then the chance of pug v premade increases to shorten the wait. it doesn't have to be a strict premade v premade system but it should be a priority system at least trying to match premades v premade first then opening it up if there is no one to match against.

    According to the January patch notes, this mathematical design is already in place. The problem is, of just four (4) servers clustered [one being PVE], the selection/findings of premades aren't optimum, at which, we are then thrown back into the random queue of available slots. Hence, the queue times currently.

    Which gets back to the main focus of this cry, they cannot separate us, until they cluster more servers and/or make queuing Global.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

  11. #11
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    According to the January patch notes, this mathematical design is already in place. The problem is, of just four (4) servers clustered [one being PVE], the selection/findings of premades aren't optimum, at which, we are then thrown back into the random queue of available slots. Hence, the queue times currently.

    Which gets back to the main focus of this cry, they cannot separate us, until they cluster more servers and/or make queuing Global.
    Queueing needs to be Global, no matter what they do.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Queueing needs to be Global, no matter what they do.
    I agree... and I would not object to this implementation. The PVP population of the current clustering system is just far to small for group interaction. Perhaps their upcoming changes to PVP will help with it to a degree. But if it is continued to only tailor to the four (4) shards you are clustered with, I doubt any increase in effectiveness will transpire.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Samhayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    According to the January patch notes, this mathematical design is already in place. The problem is, of just four (4) servers clustered [one being PVE], the selection/findings of premades aren't optimum, at which, we are then thrown back into the random queue of available slots. Hence, the queue times currently.

    Which gets back to the main focus of this cry, they cannot separate us, until they cluster more servers and/or make queuing Global.
    there is good and bad with opening it up like that. i happen to like to know the people i'm fighting and having people know who me and mine are at the same time. once you open it to everyone it no longer works like that and your just anouther team in a WF.

    also i still don't think we are at full rep for level 50s right now there are still alot of people who have not hit end game or have for one reason or another rerelloed to a class more fitting to there play style.

    i would like to see where we are 6 month from release before we opened it to all server from clusters.
    Something witty goes here.

  14. #14
    Champion Dao Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    The number of premades that want an actual challenge is very, VERY small compared to the number of premades that want easy fights and free reknown.

    I remember back in the Guild Wars days PvPing in the Hall of Heroes (where all fighting was basically "premade versus premade", except for those poor bastards who formed pugs to try to compete) - for every ten teams that rolled in there I'd guess 3 were pugs formed on the spot, 2 were guilds trying to compete, and 5 were FotM teams running whatever exploitable team was popular that month. IWAY Warrior groups, Spirit spamming Rangers, etc.

    Truth is, people who want genuine fights in PvP are a small majority in MMOs. Case in point? PvP servers. How many people think it's perfectly acceptable to kill an enemy player no matter what level he is? Me, personally? I won't attack a player more than a level or two below me, because it's *boring* and is almost never a challenge. I don't want easy wins - I want good fights. But you'll find that *most* PvPers will happily kill anyone of any level, and a pretty big minority will go on to camp them if there's any reward in it.

    Most PvPers like killing enemy players for e-peen stroking. It's not about "good fights" for them. If it was, all these pro premades would queue solo in pugs because it would make the fights that much harder for them.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

    Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts