+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arenas please

Soulwalker

Default Arenas please

^^^^^^^^^^ is there any word on trion bringing in arenas into this game in a upcoming patch?

Rift Disciple

Arenas = /yawn

WOW wore out the rock paper scissors a couple years ago.

Shadowlander

mb not WoW-like arenas but a GvG arenas for guilds fighting each other, even guilds of 1 side. And the guild who wins most arenas will lead it`s faction or smth.
    Anyway there should be some global PVP goal for guilds.

The horse is dead sir, DEAD!
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Disciple

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

But seriously, just go read every thread in the past 5 pages of people who suggested arenas.

The arena horse died, was cryogenically preserved, no cure was found so it was mummified, then taxidermied and finally cremated, and we still got some people beating at the ashes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    Short answer: No.

The arena horse died, was cryogenically preserved, no cure was found so it was mummified, then taxidermied and finally cremated, and we still got some people beating at the ashes.
    Well said, i also agree, no. 2x pyro cleric 3's? GG!!?!?!?
    Last edited by Aggrobeast; 05-02-2011 at 10:00 PM.

I'd rather they just plop a barren land outside Stillmoor and make it a world pvp zone with control objectives, bonus rewards and a loooooooooooooong graveyard run.

WoW tried to do that... but then, for the strangest reason, they gave everyone Flying mounts to completely avoid ground combat.

/boggle

Anyway... Yeah. Arena is lame. Bring on the RvR, or give me and my friends a place to go as a large group and clash with other large, organized groups.

Telaran

yes plz I WANT ARENA rift pvp is so borring and no skill ,, justgrind bgs all day? and also wish to add world pvp like wg in wow,, where u need to catch a place to unlock dungon its fun. made for pve and pvp servers because im starting to get borred grinding bgs all day what borring pvp is that. thinking of unsubing just god damn borring and trion like to put false advertiveing because i remmber watch ved where they where showing map on world pvp
    Last edited by blazebone; 05-03-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by blazebone View Post
    yes plz I WANT ARENA rift pvp is so borring and no skill ,, justgrind bgs all day? and also wish to add world pvp like wg in wow,, where u need to catch a place to unlock dungon its fun. made for pve and pvp servers because im starting to get borred grinding bgs all day what borring pvp is that. thinking of unsubing just god damn borring and trion like to put false advertiveing because i remmber watch ved where they where showing map on world pvp
    ye i would also love one more RPM game...

bring arenas here so real gamers can go find another game cause this will become a fiasko..

Telaran

trion stated "no arenas, we dont want our game turning into an e-sport" so stop askin for them

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by aesopsphere View Post
    trion stated "no arenas, we dont want our game turning into an e-sport" so stop askin for them
    Whoa... Just bought this game and if they really said that, I should have done some research about this game 1st. I am all about PVP and only play WOW for the PVP and arenas. If this game is just random Death match PVP I have no interest. Back to WOW I go!! Seems so many people do this... New game comes out, they bragg it will kill wow, people leave and realize it is second rate, come back to wow.

Best of luck all but No real competitive PVP means game is heading backwards already since MMOs are all heading to were the majority want to go.... PVP > PVE.

Though I will say. Great graphx and the game seems really tuned for being so new. Good job!

Rift Chaser

How about we just skip the arena and go ahead and hand out arena gear to mages.

Side note: i've never understood the argument arenas require more skill then bg pvp, you would think the greater challenge and test of skill would come from engaging multiple opponents instead of a few of them.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by naturegoulet View Post
    How about we just skip the arena and go ahead and hand out arena gear to mages.

Side note: i've never understood the argument arenas require more skill then bg pvp, you would think the greater challenge and test of skill would come from engaging multiple opponents instead of a few of them.
    who said that there would be arena equip ? let them have their arenas but don't give them better eq and/or more favor also trion should ignore the qq about what combs are op...

Quote Originally Posted by Radius2 View Post
    Whoa... Just bought this game and if they really said that, I should have done some research about this game 1st. I am all about PVP and only play WOW for the PVP and arenas. If this game is just random Death match PVP I have no interest. Back to WOW I go!! Seems so many people do this... New game comes out, they bragg it will kill wow, people leave and realize it is second rate, come back to wow.

Best of luck all but No real competitive PVP means game is heading backwards already since MMOs are all heading to were the majority want to go.... PVP > PVE.

Though I will say. Great graphx and the game seems really tuned for being so new. Good job!
    You can have competitve pvp without arenas - a little game called DAoC did it for years, and hell I hear its pop has grown again (granted down to 1 cluster) but apparently its busy as hell again out in the frontiers. Unfortunately I do not group with randoms and a solo cleric in DAoC doesn't have quite the same punch as it does here in Rift so I cannot go back and find out

Yea they need to put arenas in or some sort of competitive pvp soon, or I (and most of the competitive pvp community) will be gone.

I love all the people that complain about gear being handed out to people who did well in arena.
    You just know they are bitter scrubs that couldn't get past 1500, LAWL.

Gear doesn't even need to be given for high ratings.

I just want to be able to /flex over all the baddies on my shard and have them bow to my greatness.
    As it is right now I am just as good as the R6 BOT standing beside me in the WF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast