+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There is no I in team, there is only Me.

Rift Disciple

Default There is no I in team, there is only Me.

u is in a PUG though

When this happens.

1st prize goes to the player in my PUG who grabbed the stone in whitefall. Ran all the way to the middle ground. Got in a fight. Somehow got turned around. Ran back almost to the stone pick up point in the defiant base. Realised, turned round and then ran the entire length of whitefall with the stone and finally landed it. what can you do after that except smile.

2nd prize goes to the player who stood under the statue in the codex for 2 minutes guarding it but forgot to tag it first.

3rd prize on my journey to 50 i give to myself, for discovering that a marksman can jump from the rocks on the guardian side of the codex to the defiant side, waving at the people fighting at the flag as you sail over them. I'll have to try shooting them next time but jumping is more fun, after playing sab of course

The wooden spoon goes to the 2 players who quit on our PUG in whitefall on the grounds we were all loosers who didn't know how to play, we were 1-0 down after 5 minutes. We went on to win 3-1 after they left

And thats why i play PUG exclusively, there is no stronger argument than the unexpected, perfection is easy, coping with imperfection thats hard. So join my team and your PUG, see imperfection in action, its a delight to behold, when it works.

I have a special place in my heart for the player who grabbed south shard in Port Scion before me..followed me to bridge where a huge fight was going on and then asked"Where do I turn this in?"

(I literally had to run to the boss as they followed to make sure they made it)

and then...recently...a full three groups fought guards in Port Scion in front of South Shard while I and about 4 others kept running to church.(The other team stood at Bridge and just watched as our team pulled guards to south end..they didn't even bother to come down and kill them as their team kept a steady flow of shards running from church to their boss)

oh oh oh..and then the Golden Scrub award goes to the two groups of Turtle Riders who literally ran around the map (while avoiding any pvp at all) as if they were on tour of Port Scion..."and here we have the Defiant Idol...and here..we have the waterway which leads thru the city..notice the Majestic Bridge being guarded by 3 Guardians?..Isn't that pretty?..and on to the guardians Idol...where the guardians spawn...and lastly..their boss off in the distance."..."Currently the Church is closed for renovations as the Guardians are removing shards from it...Next Stop!!...the Gift Shop!"
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybull View Post
    So join my team and your PUG, see imperfection in action, its a delight to behold, when it works.
    It doesn't work, its just the other pug sucks more than yours.

Plane Touched

i enjoyed reading this thread .. pvp is so much more fun with this natural human errors ... i do so hope they remove these calculated premades which just run in storm us and finish .

after all wheres the fun in the game if there is no room for a lil fun and trial and error
    Last edited by furyior; 05-02-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Ascendant

u is in a PUG though

When this happens.

1st prize goes to the player in my PUG who grabbed the stone in whitefall. Ran all the way to the middle ground. Got in a fight. Somehow got turned around. Ran back almost to the stone pick up point in the defiant base. Realised, turned round and then ran the entire length of whitefall with the stone and finally landed it. what can you do after that except smile.

2nd prize goes to the player who stood under the statue in the codex for 2 minutes guarding it but forgot to tag it first.

3rd prize on my journey to 50 i give to myself, for discovering that a marksman can jump from the rocks on the guardian side of the codex to the defiant side, waving at the people fighting at the flag as you sail over them. I'll have to try shooting them next time but jumping is more fun, after playing sab of course

The wooden spoon goes to the 2 players who quit on our PUG in whitefall on the grounds we were all loosers who didn't know how to play, we were 1-0 down after 5 minutes. We went on to win 3-1 after they left

And thats why i play PUG exclusively, there is no stronger argument than the unexpected, perfection is easy, coping with imperfection thats hard. So join my team and your PUG, see imperfection in action, its a delight to behold, when it works.
    Yeah PUGs can be frustrating and also a lot of fun. You see some crazy things at times. It can be really challenging too and an environment where you can sometimes single-handedly win the battle for your team.

Certainly requires more skill and talent to succeed in that environment than it does to be a premade playing PUGs.

One of my funniest Steppes battles, we were down 1-0 and looked to be in trouble. We finally got organized and mounted an attack while they tried to turtle. One of my teammates got the stone as far as their front gate and then dropped it. I managed to pick it up with only a sliver of life. I kept going as far as I could self healing as much as I could with heavy pursuit and my teammates trying to peel them off. I made it about 2/3rds away across midfield when I finally died and another teammate managed to pick it up, and we fought to get the cap and protect our own stone. This epic carry changed the tide for our side and with only a couple of minutes left we managed again to get their stone and protect our stone and cap for the 2-1 win. One of the most enjoyable parts of a PUG in a WF is when things come together in the actual battle and the tide gets turned and you see the teamwork and synergy come together for the victory.
    Last edited by aeio; 05-02-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Ascendant

Or I think about the Black Garden with my Sentinel and where someone at the end complained about the lack of healing, but nobody would ever go for the fang. I actually had 6 fang carrier kills in the match vs 0 for the rest of my team, and I just laugh. I am nore than happy to try and heal and support those who are doing what they should be doing... but I am not going to stop getting the fang to drop while you are off doing something else. These frustrating times are what make the victories that much sweeter.

This is why I don't understand the premade vs PUG defenders. In a premade I want that same kind of challenge and experience, and you can only achieve that against another premade. If I had to rank the best experiences in warfronts, Evenly matched battles are far and away number 1. Losing by a big margin are second, just because I can at least keep trying and pushing and make some sort of impact. In 3rd by a great distance is winning dominately. it is not much fun to roll the other team. Sure it is a nice break and free favor but it is not fun nor is it challenging.

The worst is when one side gives up. I never give up in warfront, I just keep pushing, because I play to have fun and to pvp. I don't understand the mindset of people who don't actually want to pvp they just want to earn favor as fast as possible. This goes for afkers, premade pugrollers and quitters of one-sided battles.
    Last edited by aeio; 05-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Rift Chaser

I hate to admit it, but I've done this before. I realized after about 30 seconds though, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I've done this before. I realized after about 30 seconds though, heh.

LoL! I think I have done it too..it happens when you do WFs for hours and hours, your brain just starts melting...
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread