+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dueling Etiquette

Default Dueling Etiquette

Quick meaningless question!

We all know that in the big scheme of things 1 on 1 duels mean little in games like this.

BUT...

1: When you duel... Do you think it is proper to use potions?

2: How using about super long cool downs like paladin full heal?

If I have a 5 level disadvantage i think pots are ok,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-6o...eature=related
    Last edited by McWaffle; 05-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Both sides can use pots so I would say that it is okay.
    Using the rift reward expendables is pushing it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Pots are only really worth it in cross faction.
    Heck. I don't even really use 1.5min 2 minute cooldown abilities in duels unless it is towards the end and it is looking in their favor, but this does not happen often since I am p6 cleric.

Shield of Telara

I wouldn't use a pot in a duel. The other person usually will just use one when they see you do it anyway.

As far as long cooldowns, anything over 2 minutes is kinda pushing it in my opinion. I remember dueling a guildie in another game and he blew literally every cooldown and trinket he had then mounted and refused to duel me again. Pretty pathetic, and obviously not an indication of what they could realistically do in pvp.

Id say use whatever cooldowns you want but don't expect them to wait 10 minutes for the next duel, and if you take your cheap win and refuse to duel again you're just a joke. (Not mad)

Soulwalker

i think it's awesome that you care about this issue. for me, honorably and respectfully kicking the sh*t out of a worthy opponent is the whole point of the game.

if a duel is an affair of honor, than breaking a "rule of etiquette" only matters if you think it does- but then yes, it really does. yes, some people think that potions cross a line and some people think that using a long cooldown does too. (i'm thinking of WoW 10 min cds, i'm not sure if there's a rift equivalent). some people will always cry "foul" when they lose but plenty of your opponents will have no such scruples.

if you don't lay down rules then there are none, and if they didn't think the cooldowns were kosher, then they can always ask for a rematch now that you've spent them.

Using pots in a duel is lame.

By duel I mean the "Hey A lets have a duel!" "Okay B!" , be the other guy of your faction or not.

If its not a fight where both parts are consensual and so the other guy is ofc of the opposite faction... then I would throw even my own socks at my enemy as a last resource.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-02-2011 at 07:25 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Prophet of Telara

I would rather have anything on the table if I ever dueled anyone. I don't want to know they could have used something and didn't, it cheapens the victory.

Plane Touched

And with Paladins and High Justicar specs you basically have to kill them twice

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

+ Reply to Thread