+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many lies can you spot in the video?

Default How many lies can you spot in the video?

http://youtu.be/6XwiSrk3yOA?hd=1

I always thought this video was weird, but the more I look at it the more i see them just hyping, and straight up lying about the game:

"Lots of different ways to pvp" = Warfronts, and Rifts... Could you imagine if that was the end game for pve'ers? Yeah all you can do is kill those random easy mobs over there over and over, do rifts, and do 4 dungeons over and over.

0:38

"You don't really have to wait if you want to go in for some pvp action any time"

Are you kidding? Queues can take up to an hour. How is an hour not really having to wait?

0:54

"Doing pve quests to launch your own invasion" ... 2 NPC's = an invasion? Really... That's a "rift invasion"?

And "players are the most dangerous game"? Obviously they never tried to invade a city or kill a portcullum master.

This video was around during beta, and this is why you have so many disgruntled pvp'ers running around the forums.

What does Trion honestly think a hardcore pvp'ers is? You can lose every single match, and still make it to rank 6 and be equally as geared as someone who wins every single match.

Every time anyone comes up with anything to do to advance or generate world pvp trion nerfs it. Adding stealth patch after stealth patch never actually documenting the things they are changing.

This is the company you have your faith in, where they will lie to you to keep you interested.

Er, on a PvP server, you don't have to wait, you can just go attack other players whenever you want. You aren't required to do structured PvP. Stop expecting other people to force you to have fun. You wanna go fight people, go fight people.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Er, on a PvP server, you don't have to wait, you can just go attack other players whenever you want. You aren't required to do structured PvP. Stop expecting other people to force you to have fun. You wanna go fight people, go fight people.
    gonna guess you are on a pve server...
    when underattack by the mustard zerg, fire a nuclear sausage, if that doesnt work arm the cannon steak and if they somehow breach your fortress of ketchup, bring out the bacon blades...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblazer View Post
    exactly what I was thinking

Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    You want PvE? We made all of these monsters in this area for you to fight.

Ohhhh... you want progression and actual dungeon based PvE? And things to do regarding PvE? Well, we made all of these monsters.

Why is PvP treated differently than PvE in this case. What you just said can be applied to PvE as well, but if they did that the game would die pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblazer View Post
    Well, duh. I don't care about PvP.

But seriously, 80% of the game territory has forced flagging on a PvP server, why are you waiting around?

There are two possibilities:

1. You can go out to fight people and there will be fighting.
    2. Most of the players don't actually want to fight other players at any given time.

It seems to me that there's no valid basis for a complaint here; if the players want to fight, nothing is stopping them. If they aren't fighting, that means they don't want to. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MarleyTheMongolianMoose View Post
    You want PvE? We made all of these monsters in this area for you to fight.

Ohhhh... you want progression and actual dungeon based PvE? And things to do regarding PvE? Well, we made all of these monsters.

Why is PvP treated differently than PvE in this case. What you just said can be applied to PvE as well, but if they did that the game would die pretty quickly.
    Well, I think the reason PvP is treated differently is that the PvP players keep stressing that pre-scripted and defined content is boring, and what's exciting is the unpredictability of other players as an end in and of itself. The content really is the other players. That's it.

Seems to me that "progression" and "PvP" are basically incompatible concepts. PvP without a reasonably level playing field is pointless.

the first big lie: this is not a youtube vid(yotu.be is not youtube.com)

Honestly, if DAoC (considered the greatest pvp game by many) were to come out today instead of back when people would complain about the PvP in it. Now don't go flaming/trolling me just yet. I, too am a dedicated PvP player. I play on a PvP server, I played GW, L2, LoL, all of those PvP based games so it's not like I'm a PvE'r saying he likes PvP.

It was suggested earlier in the thread that you can go fight people whenever if you are on a PvP server, and people just started trolling the person claiming that wasn't true. Sadly, those people are the sole REASON PvP hasn't "progressed" in this game. Guess what, I've started server wide battles on my server because I go out and gank a few 50s and they bring their guild, I bring mine, more come, and more come.

Do all you "hardcore" PvP'ers who complain about the easiness of PvE just want **** handed to you on a platter now too? You don't wanna go out and actually find PvP? Sounds like half of today's PvP population is just jealous of people getting instant gratification in PvE. Suck it the **** up and play the game.

We need a higher amount of KB for sigs D:

Pvp players have been crying for a long time about wf pvp, yet I have not once seen a pvp party get together and just go hunt. Blame the players not trion.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by xxblindmanxx View Post
    Honestly, if DAoC (considered the greatest pvp game by many) were to come out today instead of back when people would complain about the PvP in it. Now don't go flaming/trolling me just yet. I, too am a dedicated PvP player. I play on a PvP server, I played GW, L2, LoL, all of those PvP based games so it's not like I'm a PvE'r saying he likes PvP.

It was suggested earlier in the thread that you can go fight people whenever if you are on a PvP server, and people just started trolling the person claiming that wasn't true. Sadly, those people are the sole REASON PvP hasn't "progressed" in this game. Guess what, I've started server wide battles on my server because I go out and gank a few 50s and they bring their guild, I bring mine, more come, and more come.

Do all you "hardcore" PvP'ers who complain about the easiness of PvE just want **** handed to you on a platter now too? You don't wanna go out and actually find PvP? Sounds like half of today's PvP population is just jealous of people getting instant gratification in PvE. Suck it the **** up and play the game.

Why would you not play Planetside and WAR? Along with DAoC they are RvR.

Rift has no RvR to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Pvp players have been crying for a long time about wf pvp, yet I have not once seen a pvp party get together and just go hunt. Blame the players not trion.
    I do it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by xxblindmanxx View Post

I am constantly running around killing people when i get the chance, never do people's guilds come to protect them.

The only time we get any world pvp now is because most of the name guilds do their rift raids on the same night so that's when it's gonna start happening.

But this does not refute the fact that Trion Developers lied and exaggerated in their pvp video.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    I always thought this video was weird, but the more I look at it the more i see them just hyping, and straight up lying about the game
    What they said was true at the time. However, I can understand you would feel a bit upset because you fell for traditional MMO marketing and did not think through what it actually meant.

If only you had anticipated that there may actually be population fluctuations come game release, that there would be class balance updates and that the traditional fantasy MMO structures for PvP would exist.

But of course, that would require you to understand the genre, actually think for yourself, and then make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramis View Post
    the first big lie: this is not a youtube vid(yotu.be is not youtube.com)
    Idiot doesn't know about condensed Youtube URLs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast