+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Join Warfronts, get EXP for standing around.

Soulwalker

Default Join Warfronts, get EXP for standing around.

I've been getting frustrated over the past week because I've noticed a large number of players who are joining warfronts, and either right off the bat hiding somewhere or are /sitting at the slightest sign of loss. "The game was long over before I started" one told me today. The score was 100 to 400 on Codex, a score that has been easily recovered many times before (and even if it hadn't, is it fair that she get EXP for sitting on her rump as the rest of us grind out the rest of the match? I think not.) I responded with "Was it really?" She then went on to say I was probably the reason for the loss and blah blah blah, but let's think about this for a moment. There were 8 people in the game on my team, and both sides must have an equal number of players. That means we were at an 87.5% handicap to the opposing team. As far as I'm concerned, that is a significant chunk.

The reason I post this is a plead for the Devs to make a Report AFK that actually works on players who just sit at their computers and do nothing. Thanks for reading.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Volver View Post
    I've been getting frustrated over the past week because I've noticed a large number of players who are joining warfronts, and either right off the bat hiding somewhere or are /sitting at the slightest sign of loss. "The game was long over before I started" one told me today. The score was 100 to 400 on Codex, a score that has been easily recovered many times before (and even if it hadn't, is it fair that she get EXP for sitting on her rump as the rest of us grind out the rest of the match? I think not.) I responded with "Was it really?" She then went on to say I was probably the reason for the loss and blah blah blah, but let's think about this for a moment. There were 8 people in the game on my team, and both sides must have an equal number of players. That means we were at an 87.5% handicap to the opposing team. As far as I'm concerned, that is a significant chunk.

The reason I post this is a plead for the Devs to make a Report AFK that actually works on players who just sit at their computers and do nothing. Thanks for reading.
    Better yet, they could instill a form of pvp that isnt fishbowl scenario based where you get credit for what you DO..not for simply being there, you know...like the RVR they said they would do if we wanted. lol
    I know I'll get hammered by someone..lol...but really if the system were different we wouldnt have this issue.

Plane Walker

Rank 4 here. I'll admit it ... when I have a team that's not working together, not playing well or just skirmishing and not paying attention to the objectives, I will sit it out.

There's no point in feeding the other team favor by hitting your head against a rock over and over and over again. The best thing to do is let the game end, get your 200 and queue up again.

400-100 in Codex is not lost. But, you have to have the team to do it. In my opinion, not working together is worse than sitting out a complete loss.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwolf View Post
    Better yet, they could instill a form of pvp that isnt fishbowl scenario based where you get credit for what you DO..not for simply being there, you know...like the RVR they said they would do if we wanted. lol
    I know I'll get hammered by someone..lol...but really if the system were different we wouldnt have this issue.
    I do like the fishbowl. But I seriously agree with this statement. Warhammer did a very good job with exp balance, and also like Warhammer, RVR would be awesome.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    Rank 4 here. I'll admit it ... when I have a team that's not working together, not playing well or just skirmishing and not paying attention to the objectives, I will sit it out.

There's no point in feeding the other team favor by hitting your head against a rock over and over and over again. The best thing to do is let the game end, get your 200 and queue up again.

400-100 in Codex is not lost. But, you have to have the team to do it. In my opinion, not working together is worse than sitting out a complete loss.
    I agree with you completely. I think I may have misguided my post a little. What truly bothers
    me is that players come to this conclusion. Think about it, wouldn't it be 20x better if you got EXP for being that guy that actually worked as a team instead of dilly dallying like an idiot? (I was just a little in rage mode from that person I spoke about, lol.)

Champion of Telara

If you are getting farmed it's probably better to not go back out. You are just feeding the other side favor at that point, which means you are helping them get better gear so they can farm you even better the next time.

If you get 0 kills, then you get 0 favor, so you don't even get anything for your troubles.

I tend to find it boring, so I usually see if I can maybe pick someone off. But really it's not the dumbest thing in the world to do in the big picture to sit them out.

Plane Walker

I agree with you completely. I think I may have misguided my post a little. What truly bothers
    me is that players come to this conclusion. Think about it, wouldn't it be 20x better if you got EXP for being that guy that actually worked as a team instead of dilly dallying like an idiot? (I was just a little in rage mode from that person I spoke about, lol.)
    Oh absolutely! If they could come up with a system that rewards good players more than poor players, that would be awesome. It's not that hard all they have to do is reward good behavior with favor. It's not that hard .... carrying the fang, killing the guy with the fang, capping the flag, returning the flag, defending the flag, capping codex, defending codex, etc etc etc. should all give more favor. And, you should get progressively less favor the more time you spend in your starting area.

Came back from a 400-80 just last night. Zero healers, we just got our act together, bombed the carrier and murdered anybody who came towards the tree.

Never give up, even if you're getting farmed. Learn from what they're doing. Use it as a time to practice your fight skills. Dance with someone for a laugh. Every kill your team -does- make is prestige and favor in the bank.

Something > Nothing. If you're going to quit, don't waste a slot in the queue. The rest of us are better off without you.

Edit: And anyone who does just /sit should be reported. They're circumventing the deserter debuff and getting whatever free favor/prestige they can. It's identical to botting in overall game impact and it'll force them to get off their *** at least for a few seconds.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-02-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift pvp does not reward skill, it rewards time. That's it.

Telaran

You must play Guardian.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh View Post
    You must play Guardian.
    Yeah.... Yeah.

Telaran

If you see them actually hiding they may have 2 accounts. One Guardian and one Dev. Call them out on it. Take a screen shot. I noticed a guy who would run all the way over to the enemy backside of the field
    and hide behind a rock. Just be sure not to throw anyone under the bus unless you notice a consistent pattern thru several WFs. Odd things can and will happen in RL while folks are playing sometimes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    Rift pvp does not reward skill, it rewards time. That's it.
    Right on point.

+1

Telaran

I do like the fishbowl. But I seriously agree with this statement. Warhammer did a very good job with exp balance, and also like Warhammer, RVR would be awesome.
    To bad they screwed up the server populations on release day/week with their poor management. Oh and then pissed off the loyal players that hung around by changing up the gear pieces in T2 after 3/4 of them were in low T3 and couldnt get access to it anylonger. Brightwizards put the final nail in the coffin. That game had such HUGE potential. The Artists and programmers did an outstanding job building a shiny car that was driven right off a cliff. The PVP in that game was some of the best ive ever seen to date imho. At least in the lower tiers. Didnt care much for the end game. :P

+ Reply to Thread