+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rank 6! >>GAME OVER<<???

Soulwalker

Exclamation Rank 6! >>GAME OVER<<???

Soooo... out of interest... what do rank 6 players in full upgraded gear do? im sooooo bored playing the same bg's against the same guardians with the same horrible queuetimes....
    Is there some future plans for better pvp in Rift? or is this how its gonna be?
    I only play mmo's for the pvp... and i thought rift would be some fun while waiting for new arena season in wow... I had more fun in War Online, and i wasnt even a bright wizard...

They probably go outside.

Sorry, just wanted to get it before somebody else did.

No, but really, people that really enjoy PvP for the aspect of PvP probably still just keep doing that. I think it would only be an issue if you only ground to Rank 6 to be Rank 6, as opposed to doing it because you enjoy PvP.
    Last edited by Wulfhunter; 05-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.

If the actual fight isn't fun for you anymore then there's not much to do atm.
    PvE grind. Alt grind. Rep grind. Artifact grind?

Steam's got a sale for Dragon Age I & II today.

Edit: If only for the PvP, ever tried EVE? Obviously not the same genre or play mechanics but similar and you can spill blood 24/7.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Why are you playing a PvE game with PvP in it if you're only going to play half the game? There's other games for that like Craphammer as you mentioned.
    Even free cost too much now

Time to travel o'er the land and discover your true calling in Telara! You got the gear so no open world mobs will pose a threat, and not many players will pose a threat. Explore the enemy territory, see the rest of the world, wreak some havoc along the way. If you piss enough people off you'll have something to do every time you enter contested territory.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Time to travel o'er the land and discover your true calling in Telara! You got the gear so no open world mobs will pose a threat, and not many players will pose a threat. Explore the enemy territory, see the rest of the world, wreak some havoc along the way. If you piss enough people off you'll have something to do every time you enter contested territory.
    Good idea, ill go and try that

Quote Originally Posted by Krogsoee View Post
    Soooo... out of interest... what do rank 6 players in full upgraded gear do?
    They level/gear up legitimately instead of exploiting.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Edit: If only for the PvP, ever tried EVE? Obviously not the same genre or play mechanics but similar and you can spill blood 24/7.
    ^^ that. It is the only MMO released that I know of with a PvP focus across all aspects of the gameplay. It was designed with PvP in mind. If you consider yourself a diehard PvP player that needs progression as well - that is the MMO for you.

Then you realize pve gear is better and you start doing pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Then you realize pve gear is better and you start doing pve.
    Then you see the new pimped out pvp gear from the test server and suddenly stop PvEing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krogsoee View Post
    what do rank 6 players in full upgraded gear do?.
    Troll these boards.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Soulwalker

Default Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    They level/gear up legitimately instead of exploiting.
    Heh, even with a name like swag (stuff we ALL get), you're not too keen on them "handing out" pvp gear, eh? Lolsies
    Hair... so... sleepy...
    ~Nappy - Cleric - Seastone

Plane Touched

Why has no one quoted hicks yet?

GAME OVER MAAANNN GAME OVERRR

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    mmmmphhh I wouldn't advise it the new people. PvP is just not very friendly place is you are under 10mil SP in combat skills, and that is not something you can get fast as a new guy who doesn't know the game and doesn't have the luxury of training learning skills first... unless they wanna buy a toon with already maxed learning skills or something...
    I played EVE for 3 years and one thing I can say that it is a bit too real. Too real in a sense that it often requires breaching moral lines for the sake of in-game success, and I am just not really into that.

Just throwing it out there...
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Troll these boards.
    I get it now. Forum is a part of the Trion strategy to keep people interested
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Then you see the new pimped out pvp gear from the test server and suddenly stop PvEing again.

Troll these boards.
    Oh damn! Seriously?

I didn't know they added essences and relic quality weapons to the pvp gear. That is freaking awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast