+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where is the RVR???

Shadowlander

Default Where is the RVR???

Come on guys, throw us a bone, and do more than tell us that its important to you. That and a quarter wont get me any coffee at McDonalds.
    This fishbowl scenario only driven pvp is for the birds. You asked us before did we want rvr...your answer was a RESOUNDING YES!
    But then we hear nothing...no tidbits, no ideas, no thoughts on the matter...nothing.
    I am not asking for you to spill the beans and tell all, but, how about throwing us some real crumbs at least and not lip service about how "its important" to you. That means nothing.
    Many have begun to lose interest...pvp, real pvp needs to be as immersive and massive an experience as pve. No I dont suggest necessarily mixing the two.
    This can be done relatively easily, pvp zones, where there are conquerable objectives, reason to hold and defend, or attack these points, 24/7 persistance, mass scale not simply 10 on 10 or something, real rewards besides gear, tell us something, crumbs..anything.
    I find myself confused and bewildered byt the common tactic of leaving us in the dark about everything....whats the big state secret here?
    Again sorry for the frustration, but after a cpl months of nothing.......
    Whats going on with the RVR ideas? Anything? Nothing? Something?
    Thanks

They'll get on it right after they're done balancing CC.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Would like to know (honestly no sarcasm) how you know this? I have scoured the net for any updates and the most I can find in interviews, updates and podcasts is "its imortant to us" and thats it.
    No ideas on what they want to introduce, no thoughts or ideas on how or when, not even anything on things their just mulling over about it. Nothing.
    If you know something different please share.

The mechanics of the game are VASTLY superior to WoW, the graphics are wonderfull, the ideas on the world and the mythology, unique and intriguing, but the world in relative scale is small, the dungeons few, and after awhile we are doing the same thing we did in wow...reptative raids and repetative dungeons, the same ones over and over. Now this is only a personal opinion, and opinions vary, but in the end the mentality isnt that much different than WoW. I left WoW because I want more.
    Now I will admit I am a spoiled DAoC player, and DAoC ruined us in a way. We saw what real mass pvp and pve seperate but together could be, and everything since has been a pale facsimile. When Trion asked us about RVR, and in 24 hours I think there was somewhere in the neighborhood of over 350 PAGES of responses...all a loud and clear YES.
    Rift is so different than wow in a lot of ways, but the pvp is EXACTLY like WoW. It can be more.
    My hopes were so high when they said they would do it if we wanted it. Well..we want it. I am not asking for them to drop everything to do it. By no means, but everytime it gets brought up in a interview suddenly everyone clams up like we are talking about state secrets.
    I am just asking for a bone. Tell us something, give us some crumbs, a little information would go a loooooong way to appeasing those who hunger for this and will help our patience and understanding

Crumbs please..a little bread? A taste of the water if not the whole bottle?
    Just a little info.

Do we really want another 2 faction RvR game? As a DAOC and WAR vet I'll pass.
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Do we really want another 2 faction RvR game? As a DAOC and WAR vet I'll pass.
    Do we really just need a new WoW?
    But thats neither here nor there really. They did ask the question and the massive response was YES, we want rvr. Now we would just like a little update on it.
    Last edited by Schwarzwolf; 05-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.

RvR just isn't going to happen.

#1 - They have already implemented instanced warfronts.
    #b - They have already intermingled PvE and PvP zones.
    iii - There are only 2 factions.
    #4 - There are personal mounts (remember in daoc when the horse routes first got put it? Man that was awesome)

Please, stop asking for RvR and instead come up with some rational suggestions or improvements on Rift PvP.

Why should they even implement RvR? People won't even try to capture all of the Ancient Wardstones because "it takes too long"
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

Hey Tug...then why did you respond with this if they arent going to do it?
    And if you go back and look shortly after the game went live...Trion asked US, not the other way around. Hell if they arent going to do it all, why cant they just go ahead and say that?
    If they have changed their minds....then let them say it, if they havent, throw us a bone.

But really man, if you dont think they are going to at all...why did you say they would, or are you working on your post count?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwolf View Post
    Hey Tug...then why did you respond with this if they arent going to do it?
    And if you go back and look shortly after the game went live...Trion asked US, not the other way around. Hell if they arent going to do it all, why cant they just go ahead and say that?
    If they have changed their minds....then let them say it, if they havent, throw us a bone.

But really man, if you dont think they are going to at all...why did you say they would, or are you working on your post count?

cheers
    I was being an idiot. That was supposed to insinuate that balancing CC will never be done, so RvR will never get put in.

Factionless PVP would have been so much better.

Create a toon with the Race you want, no faction tainting your decision.

Faction choice is based upon Guild Leaders decision (Hopefully She/He will consult his/her guild)

Join a guild, don't want to be that faction join another.

Guilds DO NOT have to belong to a faction.

Factioned guilds are of course Kill on Site by opposing faction. (Non factioned helpful spells used on factioned members will flag them for a time to the opposing faction) (PvE Servers, No character not within the Faction may use Helpful or Harmful spells on other characters)

Factions can be changed.

Guilds (factioned or non) can challenge other guilds to personal conflicts making them Kill on Site. (Both GMs have to accept)

Either GM can Submit therefore stopping the Guild Personal Conflict within 24 hours of submitting.

Guilds may Ally with other guilds and break off when they wish (Being allied gives you an alliance chat channel between guilds)

World PVP (On PVP Server) other than Faction and GPC would entail Flagging. Attacking causes you to flag Grey to the general public, meaning you may be freely attacked. Being attacked does not cause you to flag to general public. Killing someone you initiated an attack on flags you Red. Killing someone who initiated attack on you or one who is flagged grey or red causes no flagging change.

Grey flagging would last 5 minutes or until killed.

Red Flagging would last 30 minutes, persists through death.

The above ideas are taken from Ultima Online and Lineage II

If Rift PVP had been forged this way and WF's were then drawn from pools of anybody instead of Factions......I'd have subsribed a year at a time.
    Last edited by Demonne; 05-02-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Why should they even implement RvR? People won't even try to capture all of the Ancient Wardstones because "it takes too long"
    True. I'd love to see RvR, but as time in WFs shows, people are already too stupid to complete instanced objectives. OWPvP objectives will never get completed.

Shadowlander

I was being an idiot. That was supposed to insinuate that balancing CC will never be done, so RvR will never get put in.
    Oh...well I must have been just as dense man, I totally missed your meaning in your initial response.
    lol

Its a monday what can I say

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtred View Post
    True. I'd love to see RvR, but as time in WFs shows, people are already too stupid to complete instanced objectives. OWPvP objectives will never get completed.
    Ok but it sounds like your talking about a scenario based goal...what I am talking about is a place where its 1: peristant and 2: you wouldnt be there if not for a purpose...well...sorta anyway.

I dont want to keep beating the DAoC horse buuuut........
    Taking the castles had a real purpose behind it besides the fun of doing so...there were benefits to doing so. Those kind of objectives would be done, then redone by the other side back and forth etc etc, constant warfare and not on just a grp level but where mass peeps would participate. In DAoC no one went roaming around to pve really in the frontiers, you formed groups went looking for the enemy, of course they were doing the same thing, thats why we all were in that region. We got bounty points to buy new gear, we got realm points for new skills, the more points you acquired over time also raised your rank..which also had a small effect on your characters abilities. There were reasons for doing so other than acquiring points for gear I guess is what I am talking about. He who held the most keeps got df, the relics if you took them from your enemy gave your faction small bonuses, nothing earth shattering or game breaking but enough to warrant the desire to go get them.
    These are not new ideas by any stretch of the imagination and the twists and variations that could be done to them are in themselves endless.
    For the PVE'rs this never effected them as it was in an area that was outside the pve realm. They still got thei pve, pvp'rs got their pvp and you could do both at any time depending on ones mood.
    Gotta admit man, I loved that part. When I wanted to raid, I raided no pvp involved, when I wanted a war.....it was there all the time non stop with everything from 1 vs 1 in remote spots, ganking on bridges and rivers, roaming in grps for grp vs grp or the mass 300 vs 300 vs yet another 300 battles over relics and castles. It was cool
    And though I am not asking for a mirror image, I would hope we get something more than the fishbowl we presently have for pvp. Just ideas
    And if they ARE working on something...please tell us!

As with every othe RvR thread out there I must pop in and show my support.
    Why even have factions if no RvR?
    Warfronts have zero impact on, well...anything on Telara, surely no need for faction/faction in a mini - game warfront, it would cut down on the queue times as well.
    RvR please.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzwolf View Post
    Do we really just need a new GW?
    I'd say we are a bit overdue, by atleast a few years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast