+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvPing as a Main Source of Play

Soulwalker

Default PvPing as a Main Source of Play

I understand this game is mainly focused on PvE, not PvP, but Trion did add PvP to the game. This is why I'm creating this thread.

I hardly ever PvPed on my main warrior and am just focusing on dungeons, T2 ready now. I created a Mage alt and once I hit 10, I decided to focus all the way on PvP. I am now 33 with nothing but PvP. The problem I am having are 2 separate situations.

1) Lack of gear while running nothing but PvP. Luckily my Warrior is a 300 outfitter and I can make gear for the Mage at the certain levels needed. When I go to the vendors to find my next piece of gear or weapon...It is very lacking. Both in the PvE vendors and the PvP vendors in Meridian. The first set of gear that I found was level 25 from the PvP vendor in Meridian. After complaining in vent with my guildies, they told me about the vendors in the PvE zones according to level...Please explain to me why I have to travel to a PvE zone to get PvP gear? Also, their isn't any dialog stating where to get gear besides the PvP vendors in Meridian. Needless to say, I missed out on the Granite Falls gear because of this.

Solution: It's probably coming, but it needs to be addressed for those wondering; add more gear for the lower level PvPers. If I can que at level 10, there should be 10-19 gear. So on and so forth. It would make the ques less frequent because low level players would actually be goal oriented for the gear sets.

2) Lack of Notoriety through wins and losses. I understand that a player shouldn't be able to get Revered or Glorified in a day or two through PvP, but a perfect example of lack of Notoriety is Storm Guard. In Whitefall Steppes a player only gets Notoriety if their team captures a Sourceshard and gets a win...the problem is, we spend 20 minutes a warfront, and if we are shut out, we get nothing to show our waisted time. I know and understand that favor is gained through kills, but a couple points need to be given to Notoriety also. Think about real life situations. If my boss tells me to do something, but I fail at it, I was still paid for the time on the clock to work on the goal. the reason I complain and bring this up is because I have spent 30 Whitefall Steppes at 20 minutes a piece with only about 8 wins and am still Neutral with Storm Guard...I get it that maybe my team should win more, but I PUG all my warfronts with my alt. This doesn't just go for me, but for the entire player base that PUGs.

Solution: Award 10 Notoriety per 10 kills in all the warfronts, or 1 point per kill. We are still helping the actual faction for denying the enemy life right? So the faction should get "Happier" with us per enemy kill. This will also not allow power leveling the Notoriety because though 10 Notoriety will help, it won't be a huge amount.

So lets break this down Trion: Release lower level gear by level brackets. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-50. Release more weapons, trinkets, accessories for the same brackets. If I am honored with Moribund at level 33 (and I am), I should be able to get gear way before level 35...and more than just a wand...

Allow more Notoriety ticks regardless of points within the warfront. The players' time should be valued regardless of winning or losing. It's not my fault or any other players that they happened to PUG into a "not as good as" team.

Please take this into consideration. Please release lower level gear, please take PvP vendors out of PvE zones, please add Notoriety ticks.

Thanks,

Jray - 50 Warror - Seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jray View Post
    I understand this game is mainly focused on PvE, not PvP, but Trion did add PvP to the game. This is why I'm creating this thread.

I hardly ever PvPed on my main warrior and am just focusing on dungeons, T2 ready now. I created a Mage alt and once I hit 10, I decided to focus all the way on PvP. I am now 33 with nothing but PvP. The problem I am having are 2 separate situations.

1) Lack of gear while running nothing but PvP. Luckily my Warrior is a 300 outfitter and I can make gear for the Mage at the certain levels needed. When I go to the vendors to find my next piece of gear or weapon...It is very lacking. Both in the PvE vendors and the PvP vendors in Meridian. The first set of gear that I found was level 25 from the PvP vendor in Meridian. After complaining in vent with my guildies, they told me about the vendors in the PvE zones according to level...Please explain to me why I have to travel to a PvE zone to get PvP gear? Also, their isn't any dialog stating where to get gear besides the PvP vendors in Meridian. Needless to say, I missed out on the Granite Falls gear because of this.

Solution: It's probably coming, but it needs to be addressed for those wondering; add more gear for the lower level PvPers. If I can que at level 10, there should be 10-19 gear. So on and so forth. It would make the ques less frequent because low level players would actually be goal oriented for the gear sets.

2) Lack of Notoriety through wins and losses. I understand that a player shouldn't be able to get Revered or Glorified in a day or two through PvP, but a perfect example of lack of Notoriety is Storm Guard. In Whitefall Steppes a player only gets Notoriety if their team captures a Sourceshard and gets a win...the problem is, we spend 20 minutes a warfront, and if we are shut out, we get nothing to show our waisted time. I know and understand that favor is gained through kills, but a couple points need to be given to Notoriety also. Think about real life situations. If my boss tells me to do something, but I fail at it, I was still paid for the time on the clock to work on the goal. the reason I complain and bring this up is because I have spent 30 Whitefall Steppes at 20 minutes a piece with only about 8 wins and am still Neutral with Storm Guard...I get it that maybe my team should win more, but I PUG all my warfronts with my alt. This doesn't just go for me, but for the entire player base that PUGs.

Solution: Award 10 Notoriety per 10 kills in all the warfronts, or 1 point per kill. We are still helping the actual faction for denying the enemy life right? So the faction should get "Happier" with us per enemy kill. This will also not allow power leveling the Notoriety because though 10 Notoriety will help, it won't be a huge amount.

So lets break this down Trion: Release lower level gear by level brackets. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-50. Release more weapons, trinkets, accessories for the same brackets. If I am honored with Moribund at level 33 (and I am), I should be able to get gear way before level 35...and more than just a wand...

Allow more Notoriety ticks regardless of points within the warfront. The players' time should be valued regardless of winning or losing. It's not my fault or any other players that they happened to PUG into a "not as good as" team.

Please take this into consideration. Please release lower level gear, please take PvP vendors out of PvE zones, please add Notoriety ticks.

Thanks,

Jray - 50 Warror - Seastone

I'd rather them let people make a new pvp character at pvp rank 1 on pvp servers to put them all on one ques, and all on the same playing field in world pvp.

They'd also give a new tutorial island that gives warfront quests that make you do warfront objectives while killing npcs upon creating the character, quests that gives a basic set of pvp level 50 gear.

Champion of Telara

This carebear growing up with your characters while pvping that is nothing like level 50 pvp so everything you done meant nothing really gets old very fast.

The going level 1-50 is for the pvers. People who want to pvp a lot, and have multiple characters on multiple shards don't want to grind those levels, and might not play the game for long. You expect me to grind 800+ miserably long *** levels minus times where ques are nonexistant just to pvp in your game with more than one set of people, and more than one class?

IT also just holds back the population from playing with eachother everyones in different brackets in instanced causing slower ques for every single person playing the game, and for the world pvpers they have tons of people that aren't even thier level running around so it effects them too.

Holds back players from playing what they want because there is times I don't want to play any mage soul.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-02-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Champion of Telara

If I ran premades, It would be nice to be able to server hop, and already have a pvp in rank 1 gear ready for pvp, and fight different people from time to time with my full guild hopping with me, doing the training grounds with me etc, wouldn't be too bad.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-02-2011 at 11:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread