+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take the "Solo Que" Option out of joining Warfronts.

Telaran

Default Take the "Solo Que" Option out of joining Warfronts.

Think about it.

1. Only Raids of 5 more could join warfronts. Can you get Epic gear from dungeons solo? No sir!

2. No Premade QQ! Every game is a pre-made with PGC (Player generated content), every group you go up against will have different challenges! No scripted caves with the same fights.

3. But OMG I'm a PVEr / I'm a casual that doesn't really have the time to play / I'm just bad. Problem fixed no warfronts for you or make a group with other terribles!

4. Or.. We can just call this Expert/Rated Warfronts! You get extremely better gear, favor, prestige and rewards. The bads can just play normal Warfronts "for fun" and get nominal rewards.

I don't have to play with terrible pugs anymore and you don't have to play with me! Do you really let bad players into PVE raids that have no idea how soul synergy works or S key out of AOE? Why should we have to tolerate it in Warfronts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You know they are adding a LFG tool right? So people will be able to solo queue for Experts?

Just saying...

I'll pass.

If these were max level only "rated warfronts," I might agree with you.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Lockness View Post
    Think about it.

1. Only Raids of 5 more could join warfronts. Can you get Epic gear from dungeons solo? No sir!

2. No Premade QQ! Every game is a pre-made with PGC (Player generated content), every group you go up against will have different challenges! No scripted caves with the same fights.

3. But OMG I'm a PVEr / I'm a casual that doesn't really have the time to play / I'm just bad. Problem fixed no warfronts for you or make a group with other terribles!

4. Or.. We can just call this Expert/Rated Warfronts! You get extremely better gear, favor, prestige and rewards. The bads can just play normal Warfronts "for fun" and get nominal rewards.

I don't have to play with terrible pugs anymore and you don't have to play with me! Do you really let bad players into PVE raids that have no idea how soul synergy works or S key out of AOE? Why should we have to tolerate it in Warfronts?
    U/we/solo pugs aren't soloing warfronts, there are always more than 5 ppls u troll.
    Last edited by Acex; 05-02-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Telaran

Think about it.

[...]

The bads can just play normal Warfronts "for fun" and get nominal rewards.
    I know. Silly, right? Who would want to play for fun? I pay my subscription so that when I come home from work I can carry on working towards clear goals in an organised fashion with minimal waste or enjoyment along the way. I wish the game would tell me off if my favour/hour rate drops below a set threshold - maybe charge me an extra or 2 for bad performance?

Apart from the choice of words, I actually agree that "rated WFs" might be a good idea. But the purpose of this would be to help with matching teams of equal skill level against each other (experienced premades against experienced premades and less experienced PuGs against less experienced PuGs). Gear "rewards" are completely irrelevant if noone's actually having fun.
    Last edited by Atavist; 05-02-2011 at 11:37 AM.

If the title idea went into the game, I'm pretty sure I would quit. And I'm certain many others would quit for less, so I seriously cannot imagine that is in anyway a good idea for TRION, as a company that wants to make money.

Rated Warfronts is one thing, though. That could actually be an interesting system, if done correctly.

Telaran

You know they are adding a LFG tool right? So people will be able to solo queue for Experts?

Just saying...
    You trolling me broski?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rift Chaser

Default Quite possibly the dumbest idea to date

Think about it.

Do you think the que times are long now? With your lame brain idea there will be essentially no pvp at all. Did you ever take the friggin time to wonder why the que times are so long in warfronts? ITS BECAUSE THE PVP IN THIS GAME IS BROKEN. The wait times don't lie. The pvp in this game is so flawed that many just don't bother. Its hard enough to get MMO care bears to even embrace the idea of PVP in an MMO but when you give them an unbalanced, power leveling, beat down, then there is good reason why players are avoiding pvp altogether.

Yea Trion!! Cut out 80% of your player base!! Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Atavist View Post
    .... I wish the game would tell me off if my favour/hour rate drops below a set threshold - maybe charge me an extra or 2 for bad performance?

Hilarious

You should NEVER take away options.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Think about it.
    I did. It's a bad idea.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

/facepalm....

Think about it.

This probably isn't the right game for you.

+ Reply to Thread