+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The problem isn't pugs, but premades who want easy epics steamrolling pugs.

Default The problem isn't pugs, but premades who want easy epics steamrolling pugs.

As title says.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah this was worth its own thread for sure.

Ascendant

when did people that run premades say they want to steamroll pugs. WHat premades dont want is long Q times and thats exactly what they will get if they start dividing the playerbase in WFs.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Easy?

/10char
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    when did people that run premades say they want to steamroll pugs. WHat premades dont want is long Q times and thats exactly what they will get if they start dividing the playerbase in WFs.
    Really? Doesn't we see more and more threads about - remove solo queues or smth like that? Remove solo queue and i will quit, a lot ppls will quit.
    U think there will be much ppls who will start to make premades who didn't that before? Don't think so.
    So situation will remain the same for premade queues.
    Last edited by Acex; 05-02-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you not wanting long queue times is just as important as pug PVPers not wanting to get steamrolled by (possibly the same) pre mades every round.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you not wanting long queue times is just as important as pug PVPers not wanting to get steamrolled by (possibly the same) pre mades every round.
    no its not cause those pugs are perfectly capable of banding together and organizing a premade. there is nothing i can do to speed up warfront Qs.

Mofugga-bethlam

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    Really? Doesn't we see more and more threads about - remove solo queues or smth like that? Remove solo queue and i will quit, a lot ppls will quit.
    U think there will be much ppls who will start to make premades who didn't that before? Don't think so.
    So situation will remain the same for premade queues.
    all i see are threads of bad players complaining about being outgeared or outorganized and instead of gearing up or getting orgainzed they demand trion to make it so they. go up against other like minded bad and lazy players

Mofugga-bethlam

Prophet of Telara

Counter threads....

Not suprised. This is the pvp warfronts forums whereby any dimnit has their right to create their very own thread.

Ascendant

lets say for a second they break up soloers and premades, where does it stop. Cause bad player will then complain about the gear difference and demand certain quality of gear go up against certain quality of gear. But wait we cant have P3 fighting P4 as that would be unfair so we seperate people by prestige. but wait this guy has more plat to spend on consumables and a faster mount so obviously we have to spereate the 90% and 110% mounts and we have to have potion limitations cause its not fair if someone has 20 heal pots and another guy has 5.

The problem is bad players want to blame everything else and will never entertain the fact they are just bad.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 05-02-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Mofugga-bethlam

lets say for a second they break up soloers and premades, where does it stop. Cause bad player will then complain about the gear difference and demand certain quality of gear go up against certain quality of gear. But wait we cant have P3 fighting P4 as that would be unfair so we seperate people by prestige. but wait this guy has more plat to spend on consumables and a faster mount so obviously we have to spereate the 90% and 110% mounts and we have to have potion limitations cause its not fair if someone has 20 heal pots and another guy has 5.

The problem is bad players want to blame everything else and will never entertain the fact they are just bad.
    troll more?

no its not cause those pugs are perfectly capable of banding together and organizing a premade. there is nothing i can do to speed up warfront Qs.
    Please, try and form a non-guild pre-made in off peak hours on a less than high population server and let me know how it works out for you.

That said, I have a pre-made if I want to join, but I prefer to earn my gear/prestige ranks and not get my welfare loot the easy way.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Prophet of Telara

I reckon a lot of these so called awesome premade players would lose games if they had to solo queue. Stop trying to get everyone to follow your view that Rift pvp is "skilled gaming",when we all know it's not. Skill isn't based on what class combinations you bring to a warfront nor that your using voip. Skill is the abilities you use in relation to countering and effectively stopping your opposition from reaching victory. It's about timing abilities for each situation. Working towards a goal.
    Imagine if this game had it's own built in voip. Imagine if every player had access to an interface to "call targets" and anyone could auto assist called targets. These things would mean no need for voip and in most cases could even level the playing field of premade v's soloer but wait I must be thinking of another game.

Okay. Broken record time.

The moment when/if TRION introduces separate queues for premades, most premades will stop coming together. Why? Because they will have to fight other premades and not PUG-stomp anymore. Almost the exact same thing has happened in other MMOs and there is absolutely no reason to believe the same exact thing won't happen here.

It is great if you are part of a premade group that is playing premade for the competitive aspect, but the simple fact is that not all of them are. Many premades exist simply to speed up the Prestige/Favor grind by steamrolling PUGs. This is why there is so many premades right now and this is also why you will suffer from long queues.

It is unfortunate for the legitimate premade players, but the simple fact is that PUG players outweigh them in sheer monetary value. If the game loses out on a few hundred players so the rest of us can enjoy not having to deal with so many one-sided Warfronts, than I say, so be it.

Queuing solo for Warfronts should be a viable method to enjoying the game. I should not be forced to go out of my way to 'band together' just to play the aspect of the game I enjoy the most. And I don't, and I still have fun, but even I still get a bit disappointed when our side gets stomped for a few games in a row to the same premade. Furthermore, not all of us play on high-pop servers and thus, just forming up a premade may not be a legitimate option.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Please, try and form a non-guild pre-made in off peak hours on a less than high population server and let me know how it works out for you.

That said, I have a pre-made if I want to join, but I prefer to earn my gear/prestige ranks and not get my welfare loot the easy way.
    i guarantee you its easier than hacking into trions server and making a WF pop for you. How does solo Qing somehow equate to "earning" prestige and favor? if your goal was i solo Q for a challenge you wouldnt be on here whining, but you are.

Mofugga-bethlam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast