+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video Proof Trion Just Keeps Killing World PVP

Default Video Proof Trion Just Keeps Killing World PVP

http://youtu.be/jli0OQb3vhw?hd=1

How can we take a game seriously when they do this kind of thing for world pvp? Instant spawning npcs. A group of 50s killed some fellow guildies alts, so we chased them into their town and decided to take it over. But there was nothing to take over. The npc's spawn the moment you kill one. Kill the portcullum master and he respawned right away, along with a phalanx of elite 52 guards. Rift world pvp is a joke.

I remember a huge fiasco in beta where Trion came across as being concerned about pvp. It was during that fiasco that my signature from Hartsman himself came from. The fact is Trion is all smoke and mirrors, no heart, no substance, nothing but promises to get that extra month squeezed out of people. I'm only here still cause of my guild, and the fact I got a 6 month subscription.
    Last edited by Soulstitch; 05-02-2011 at 10:36 AM.

key to Opvp is stop being scrubs and attacking level 32 zones at level 50.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    key to Opvp is stop being scrubs and attacking level 32 zones at level 50.
    You didn't even read the post, or comprehend the post. either way, you failed.

Ascendant

this looks like pve to me.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    this looks like pve to me.
    It's called an "incentive" for World PvP. Something that this game lacks. Aside from the Players coming together cross-faction and deciding on where the next PvP event should happen, it's all over the place. There is nothing in place within the game right now that calls to the players to fight for, or over. Ganking is only fun for so long, and random confrontations as well.

Hanging around LH/IPP/Stillmoor porticulums is about the only place you're guaranteed to find someone to kill, but for what? It gets stale and boring.

We need something to fight over, and quest hubs/npc towns are the perfect solution. Just as Plane Forces can invade and take over a town, so should defiants/guardians.

It's a mix of PvP with a dash of PvE elements, and forces PvEr's to PvP if they want to continue questing, or whatever it is they do.

Quote Originally Posted by SinDantes View Post
    Hanging around LH/IPP/Stillmoor porticulums is about the only place you're guaranteed to find someone to kill, but for what? It gets stale and boring.

We need something to fight over, and quest hubs/npc towns are the perfect solution. Just as Plane Forces can invade and take over a town, so should defiants/guardians.
    That's the thing! Trion is specifically, systematically taking away everything we come up with to initiate world pvp. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post

How can we take a game seriously when they do this kind of thing for world pvp? Instant spawning npcs. A group of 50s killed some fellow guildies alts, so we chased them into their town and decided to take it over. But there was nothing to take over. The npc's spawn the moment you kill one. Kill the portcullum master and he respawned right away, along with a phalanx of elite 52 guards. Rift world pvp is a joke.

I remember a huge fiasco in beta where Trion came across as being concerned about pvp. It was during that fiasco that my signature from Hartsman himself came from. The fact is Trion is all smoke and mirrors, no heart, no substance, nothing but promises to get that extra month squeezed out of people. I'm only here still cause of my guild, and the fact I got a 6 month subscription.
    I think I missed the part in Hartsman's quote (the one in your sig) where he said taking over enemy faction areas would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
    I think I missed the part in Hartsman's quote (the one in your sig) where he said taking over enemy faction areas would be easy.
    I think you need to watch the video. We actually did take over the city. It was ours but we had no real impact on it. We couldn't keep the npc's from spawning, we couldn't stop them from leaving, we couldn't actually have any real impact on the city.

You kill something it re-spawns, immediately, before the corpse hits the ground a new one is up. Cities and quest hubs are the only place to find people, unless you go roll the occasional person doing a rift, or expert rifts, or raid rifts.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SinDantes View Post
    There is nothing in place within the game right now that calls to the players to fight for, or over.
    This is the problem with Rift's world PvP brought down to its most basic element. No area in the game has any "strategic" value, there is no area with tons of high level resources, no highly contested spawns etc. The average level 50 even on a pvp server spends probably 95% of their in-game time either in meridian/sanctum or an instance of some sort pve or pvp.

In every other MMO I have played I have always found the best and most frequent pvp to be in the areas with the most desirable PvE mobs.
    Last edited by Seether; 05-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    This is the problem with Rift's world PvP brought down to its most basic element. No area in the game has any "strategic" value, there is no area with tons of high level resources, no highly contested spawns etc. The average level 50 even on a pvp server spends probably 95% of their in-game time either in meridian/sanctum or an instance of some sort pve or pvp.
    And on top of this when we find something to fight over, Trion nerfs it so we can't.

It's just frustrating that they are doing this, killing world pvp in their own game.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
    I missed the part where this was even applicable to you when you are playing on a PvE server.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post

I think you have a valid point here with the inability to actually conquer a city/area being a problem. I would like to see that change.

I really love the raid level guards on the Sanctum bridge that can see you stealthed at 30 yards. --Side note, if they have access to such beastly bastards, why aren't they sending THEM after Regulos instead of sitting on the bridge like a bump on a log baby sitting about of level 10s? With the RoS event, when we'd summon the shades in Meridian, the NPCs would attack them (all skull level) and do maybe 50-100 damage a hit taking 10+ seconds to kill a mob I can one shot. However, go to Sanctum, and those pricks swing for 5k minimum.

Is that really necessary? I want to sneak into the enemy capital, look around, and maybe gank 2-3 people before I'm crushed by 200 level 50s. All open world PVP really consists of is killing some shmoe while they're questing. PVP servers are more "You could fight the occasional guardian you see questing if you can get over your indifference to how pointless it would be". You kill them, they respawn. You get nothing out of it beyond wasting your time and theirs.

In IPP, the invasion bosses always seem to end up in the Guardian town south of Whitefall. When it dies, it turns into crush the silly guardians for 10 minutes until we all just get bored of killing insta-spawn NPCs. As soon as the boss dies, all the guardians retreat to the port master except for 2-3. The NPCs are easily killed 10 to 1.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    I really love the raid level guards on the Sanctum bridge that can see you stealthed at 30 yards. --Side note, if they have access to such beastly bastards, why aren't they sending THEM after Regulos instead of sitting on the bridge like a bump on a log baby sitting about of level 10s? With the RoS event, when we'd summon the shades in Meridian, the NPCs would attack them (all skull level) and do maybe 50-100 damage a hit taking 10+ seconds to kill a mob I can one shot. However, go to Sanctum, and those pricks swing for 5k minimum.

Is that really necessary? I want to sneak into the enemy capital, look around, and maybe gank 2-3 people before I'm crushed by 200 level 50s. All open world PVP really consists of is killing some shmoe while they're questing. PVP servers are more "You could fight the occasional guardian you see questing if you can get over your indifference to how pointless it would be". You kill them, they respawn. You get nothing out of it beyond wasting your time and theirs.

In IPP, the invasion bosses always seem to end up in the Guardian town south of Whitefall. When it dies, it turns into crush the silly guardians for 10 minutes until we all just get bored of killing insta-spawn NPCs. As soon as the boss dies, all the guardians retreat to the port master except for 2-3. The NPCs are easily killed 10 to 1.
    They honestly think these new collosi battles are all that will be needed for world pvp, that this is the answer we've been looking for, that if you want world pvp, you must do this and nothing else.

This is a PvE game. The ability to PvP at all is only there so more people play. They've done nothing to refresh PvP for those that did the P6 grind, leaving them with nothing to do but spam more WF's, where they can't even take a full group of friends/guildies.

I've given up on anything PvP related for now. They can't even keep Warfronts as PvP. The latest PvP Balance Update is basically turning Warfronts into PvE DPS testing grounds. That's it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast