+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let us earn prestige til rank 3 before lvl 50

Telaran

Default Let us earn prestige til rank 3 before lvl 50

I recently made the not so enjoyable experience of entering wfs as a new lvl50.
    As expected my performance is not overwhelming good...either the contrary.

On the way to lvl 50 I did alot of wfs, since i enjoyed the pvp aspect of Rift. A nice match of codex or black garden was a nice change of pace.
    Now i am facing rank 5/6 players with corresponding gear or pvp souls and am not quite prepared for it.
    WAR had a similar problem where the first steps of a new lvl 40 was an exercise in frustration.
    Some ppl play games for fun so this does not appeal to them very much.
    One thing they changed to address this that you can earn ranks before hitting maxlvl.

Now i donīt want to see this introduced in Rift. But the wfs before hitting lvl50 did not prepare me well enough for endgame pvp. The step seems a bit huge.
    I wonder if a system where i could have earned prestige already til letīs say rank 3 WITHOUT actually gaining the rank would have been better.
    Upon hitting lvl 50 i would have had earned rank 3(since i do have enough prestige) and could get the gear to be at least competetive.

It is up to the player then if he wants to race to 50 and then take the hard road up the ranks, with alot of frustration early on or if he wants to do pvp alot before maxlvl and soften the road abit.
    Right now everything is allright and fun on lvl 49 and by becoming lvl 50 baaaaanng you hit a wall of near insta death.

The amount of prestige earned should be of course inferior compared to that on lvl50.
    And again, i donīt want rank3 faster or easier. I just want to have a chance to do something for it before hitting maxlvl.
    Last edited by Issan; 05-02-2011 at 08:55 AM.

It should be a bit better in 1.2, where you can immediately equip some purple gear with Valor upon hitting 50. By Rank 2 (an easy 45k Prestige) you can have a full set of the T1 PvP Gear.

Of course, those are the top will be wearing their Rank 6 sets and weapons, so this may be a wash.

I would be totally ok with this. Bads can have their gear/rank faster. Less excuses, much more satisfying to see them fall.

Non-bads won't be affected at all.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    I would be totally ok with this. Bads can have their gear/rank faster. Less excuses, much more satisfying to see them fall.

Non-bads won't be affected at all.
    wtf are you talking about?

He is better than you. He knows this for sure without ever meeting you. Better at some internet game. This makes him a man and generally awesome.

Also, you should feel really really awful about the fact that you are not as good. That's what makes putting other people down fun! When other people are unhappy, it makes him happy. Cool, huh?

Anyhow, that is what he is talking about. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    wtf are you talking about?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    He is better than you. He knows this for sure without ever meeting you. Better at some internet game. This makes him a man and generally awesome.

Also, you should feel really really awful about the fact that you are not as good. That's what makes putting other people down fun! When other people are unhappy, it makes him happy. Cool, huh?

Anyhow, that is what he is talking about. Duh.
    Hit the nail on the head

+ Reply to Thread