+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WarFronts are in flames...

Plane Touched

Default WarFronts are in flames...

This may sound strange but when I can win 1000 to 12 in the codex or 500 to 4 in the Blackfang, I worry. Even more so when I have similar losses. At the end of the day, I have an average of maybe one out of ten good matches - which by good means it was a close game with both sides having a decent score. There is something wrong here.

Seriously, bad players can be the reason behind lop-sided wins/losses - but at this percentage I think there is something more to the issue. WarHammer had it's issues, but was not like this, yet with Rift there is something seriously screwed up with the WarFronts.

There has been a lot of complaints about OP skills, about Pre-mades versus soloers, about badly designed maps. It is probably all of the above. If I were to guess the percentage of people who have positive things to say concerning WarFronts, not sure it would be too high. Sure, there are always haters, but I personally feel the supporters of the current system in the player base amount to less than 10%.

Trion really needs to take a step back and make some sweeping changes before the whole thing burns down in flames around them. And the upcoming changes to the PvP gear in some ways only exacerbates the issues.
    Last edited by NoxMaelstrom; 05-02-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Nightfall - defiant mage... Nox - defiant rogue...

When you feel the icy grip of death rake across your neck, know Nightfall has come and there is no dawn for you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NoxMaelstrom View Post
    This may sound strange but when I can win 1000 to 12 in the codex or 500 to 4 in the Blackfang, I worry. Even more so when I have similar losses. At the end of the day, I have an average of maybe one out of ten good matches - which by good means it was a close game with both sides having a decent score. There is something wrong here.

Seriously, bad players can be the reason behind lop-sided wins/losses - but at this percentage I think there is something more to the issue. WarHammer had it's issues, but was not like this, yet with Rift there is something seriously screwed up with the WarFronts.

There has been a lot of complaints about OP skills, about Pre-mades versus soloers, about badly designed maps. It is probably all of the above. If I were to guess the percentage of people who have positive things to say concerning WarFronts, not sure it would be too high. Sure, there are always haters, but I personally feel the supporters of the current system in the player base amount to less than 10%.

Trion really needs to take a step back and make some sweeping changes before the whole thing burns down in flames around them. And the upcoming changes to the PvP gear in some ways only exacerbates the issues.
    I actually like the maps. They are symmetrical in very strange ways, but fun to me. I find very little to complain about (other than PS - what a pain in the patoot to get around in - I end up fighting the city more than the Defiant =P).

Larger problems are that premades are ripping up the WF. When I see a premade, I am pretty much assured that no matter which of BG, Codex or Steppes I group for, I'll see them. Which translates to "Take a 4 hour break from PvP and hope they go away."

I have mixed feelings about PvP. Class imbalances are always going to exist, hopefully to a lesser degree than they do right now. That's just a matter of finer tuning. I hope Trion has not borrowed Blizzards ten pound sledgehammer for fine tuning purposes =P.

The problem of premades is a stickier one. I don't want premades to go away - PvP, with cross-shard implementation, is already weak on teaming and knowing your opponents and allies. Fracturing it even further is not (In my opinion) good for the game in general or PvP specifically.

I also don't like being steamrolled WF after WF by said friends and acquaintances. Such companionship I fully support. The field just needs to be leveled a bit

agree with the OP, when the fights are 4 to 1000 there is something seriously broke. I'd say the queue algoritm needs to be smarter about balancing sides out level, gear score, player experience wise.

+ Reply to Thread