+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93

Thread: The problem is not premades the problem is solo players who want epics.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default The problem is not premades the problem is solo players who want epics.

    So as I have stated in a few threads now the solution is simple, make PvP like PvE.

    Solo players queue up against other solo players and the games reward a lesser favor which can only purchase blue quality gear, they will also have access to rep epics.

    premades fight premades and continue to gain normal favor and purchase the standard rank 1-6 epics.

    Simple solution.

    So just like in PvE, if you solo the best you can get is blues, rep epics, and crafted. While those that actually take time to form groups get epics just like in PvE.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 05-02-2011 at 07:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Better solution:

    Force everyone to solo.
    Nightfall - defiant mage... Nox - defiant rogue...

    When you feel the icy grip of death rake across your neck, know Nightfall has come and there is no dawn for you.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Pugs ruin my warfront experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default

    How about those of us who like to play in random PUG's for a truly challenging game get epics and those who just want a faceroll which requires 0 skill get nothing

  5. #5
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    @Rott

    Bro, don't embarass yourself dude. I run in premades 90% of the time, and I'm tired of free wins. Don't be afraid of fighting my premade, instead fight for that specific challenge of fighting other premades, like I'm doing.

    Quite frankly, I'm tired, and bored of free wins. I'm suprised you're not wanting a good challenge.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybull View Post
    How about those of us who like to play in random PUG's for a truly challenging game get epics and those who just want a faceroll which requires 0 skill get nothing
    How is coordinating a group of 5 people to complete the objective of the WF skill less?

    Oh thats right, because you suck so bad a donkey could beat you.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    @Rott

    Bro, don't embarass yourself dude. I run in premades 90% of the time, and I'm tired of free wins. Don't be afraid of fighting my premade, instead fight for that specific challenge of fighting other premades, like I'm doing.

    Quite frankly, I'm tired, and bored of free wins. I'm suprised you're not wanting a good challenge.
    did you read my post? I said solo vs solo queue system = blues,

    premade vs premade queue system = epics.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    did you read my post? I said solo vs solo queue system = blues,

    premade vs premade queue system = epics.
    Right, and that is absurd. I can't even believe you'd suggest something like that. Now if you said premades had a chance of earning an epic ORANGE weapon, while everyone solo, and premade still earned the purple gear, I would agree with you.

    But limiting solo queues to blue gear is beyond stupid.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-02-2011 at 08:38 AM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  9. #9
    Ascendant Delphya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoxMaelstrom View Post
    Better solution:

    Force everyone to solo.
    This is better than the "holier than though" OP solution.

    Solo or Grouped should be treated the same as far as rewards are concerned.

    But Solo's should not be forced to fight grouped since most of the time they offer groups no challenge which is no fun for either the groups or the solo players.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

    Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

  10. #10
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    I fail to see how team play should be the only basis for determining who should be allowed to have good gear. One of the main reasons PvP is the way it is IS because solo players need something to play for as well. Not everyone is a team player and you shouldn't force them to play that way.
    I like playing online games with other people, but I don't always want to play in an organized group, I like the freedom to play how I want. If the ONLY way I can play this game to any sort of worthwhile conclusion is by doing what I'm told by a group leader or becoming said leader and trying to micromanage a group of headless chickens, I'd rather just not play.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker The Grixxitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    So as I have stated in a few threads now the solution is simple, make PvP like PvE.

    Solo players queue up against other solo players and the games reward a lesser favor which can only purchase blue quality gear, they will also have access to rep epics.

    premades fight premades and continue to gain normal favor and purchase the standard rank 1-6 epics.

    Simple solution.

    So just like in PvE, if you solo the best you can get is blues, rep epics, and crafted. While those that actually take time to form groups get epics just like in PvE.
    Horrible idea.

    I'm guessing that you want gear to make R6 even more easymode than what it is?
    Hiding in purples won't make you any less terrible at the PeeVeePee good sir. Go apply your carebear logic elsewhere
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    So as I have stated in a few threads now the solution is simple, make PvP like PvE.

    Solo players queue up against other solo players and the games reward a lesser favor which can only purchase blue quality gear, they will also have access to rep epics.

    premades fight premades and continue to gain normal favor and purchase the standard rank 1-6 epics.

    Simple solution.

    So just like in PvE, if you solo the best you can get is blues, rep epics, and crafted. While those that actually take time to form groups get epics just like in PvE.
    that because of mindset like this we are still living in a ****ty world...

    rich get richer
    poor get poorer...

    what would be the problem ? In the end isnt skill that should win ? :P
    Last edited by Fogel; 05-02-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Telaran Opossumist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockness View Post
    Pugs ruin my warfront experience.
    If it weren't for pugs you wouldn't have one.
    Dictated, not read.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Delphya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opossumist View Post
    If it weren't for pugs you wouldn't have one.
    QFT!!!
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

    Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

  15. #15
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Right, and that is absurd. I can't even believe you'd suggest something like that. Now if you said premades had a chance of earning an epic ORANGE weapon, while everyone solo, and premade still earned the purple gear, I would agree with you.

    But limiting solo queues to blue gear is beyond stupid.
    Uh how is that stupid? You want epics, form a server-pug premade just like you do for T1 expert daily. GG, epics inc.

    If you wanna be an anti-social who never groups, then you are stuck with blues, rep epics, and crafted, just like PvE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts