+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Problems, Mitagation and Warfronts

Shadowlander

Default Melee Problems, Mitagation and Warfronts

Right now, I play a Warrior, almost Rank 6. Except he doesn't feel like a warrior, I play like I have played mages in the past. Why? Its the only solution right now for our class due to a number of factors.

Factor Number 1
    The miss rates, Dodges, Blocks, Armor, Valor, Shields, GOS, CC, Out Of range, and over all low damage of melee compared to other Pure DPS Souls. Whats that mean. Well means a warriors has about 10 ways to have his damage lowered(rogues as well). Versus Magic, which has Valor, maybe 10-30 resist(which gives a 3% miss rate and 4% lowered damage rate tops) and no issues of range.

This has made almost all warriors i have seen playing effectively in warfont using rift blade(whose damage is not currently scaling well even with improved gear).

Factor 2
    Almost all warfronts have a system that makes staying in one place and defending viable so kiting is not.

In the end this leads to warriors leading the number of deaths in almost all warfronts I have been keeping track of. The new colors system is great to see it. Usually a Warfronts scoreboard at the end has a Mage on top. Good ones in none premades can have scores like 22-2, with 100k more damage then the number two contender. Good warriors(Not in premades), can never get close to that potential as it currently stands.

Magic damage has become the norm on all classes, as everyone realizes melee has to many ways to avoid the damage.

Hope everyone is still having fun, but truth is you notice less and less of new players in wf its pretty much the same crew. The overpowered, the glutens for punishment and those grinding for there gear.

dont forget with focus casters can bypass that measly stacked resistances anyway

Telaran

I agree with OP. Right now its more beneficial to use pve gear. im rank 6 and have almost completed my set, but what I've noticed is against players using PVE gear, I rarely parry, dodge, or resist. Even with an increase to valor, it will still be better to use accessories/weapons with hit/focus. And lately Ive seen a lot of players running around with legendary weapons or w/e from raiding and on top of ridiculous stats, they get awesome equip or use effects.

And players arent required to kite, because classes are given skills like GoS that make it more viable to sit in one spot then actually move. I see a lot of pyros that can tank 2-3 players if they have a good healer while 1 shotting people. In other games if the mage sat still, one melee class would destroy them. Or they can just detaunt and run away, which is fine by me.

My guild plays this game solely for pvp and lately people are coming on less and less just because of the how boring its become. This game requires no skill or thought process in its current state, and I dont see myself playing much longer either.

Another /agree to the OP. This game is horrible for melee dps. I would like top play a 2-h champ but you just can't for pvp. All the reasons stated in OP from magic resistence to our melee damage having more mitigation than magic. To actually kiting for me for 2-h (really only spec i have played alot, have not done too much duel wield) is so easy. I only have one rush and 2 snares. Then the OP is right that some range with either an ability, heals and/or mitigation can acutally just stand there and do not have to kite.

Now most warfronts when you see a warrior its some riftblad spec for some range abilities. Now some can say roll riftblade..true...but if rift is going to pidgeon-hole me into 1 pvp spec then why the heck didnt they make their pvp soul THE soul you have to use in pvp without screwing up the pve souls! As far as melee in this game, it is designed horribly.
    Last edited by Tarvold; 05-02-2011 at 06:59 AM.

The game just isn't melee friendly in either pvp or pve. They have already gone to far in the wrong direction to think it will ever become melee friendly either.

This doesn't mean it is not viable to play a melee character, just that it will never be as easy as playing ranged.

Shadowlander

They need to make sure +hit and focus dont work in pvp thesame way valor does nothing for pve. We just tested this and sure enough our guild mage in focus PVE gear hit me much harder then in pvp gear wothout focus. MUCH.

+ Reply to Thread