+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro, nothing else compares

Default Pyro, nothing else compares

We know nothing compares to their burst at 50. Just want to point out that nothing compares to pyros at lower levels either. So far I've leveled a rogue and cleric to 50. Rogue is R3, Cleric is R2. I've got a lvl 10 war and I'm currently leveling a mage who is now lvl 27.

All but the warrior I've run through warfronts along the way to 50. And none of the other souls have burst damage to compare to pyro. It's also the easiest of all the souls I've tried. Are they squishy? Probably, but I wouldn't know because they burst people down so fast.

Also, I've heard people say stuff along the lines of "Stop complaining about a class that doesn't move."

Well, I'm always on the move when I play except for casting an occasional fireball. There are plenty of insta cast procs keeping me mobile: three instant flame bolts that procs insta cast cinderburst and then add insta cast inferno when the target gets <30% health (won't take long!)

So I would ask the devs, "Why have you put this soul on the mountain top?"
    Is it the one true class to rule them all?
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 05-02-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    We know nothing compares to their burst at 50. Just want to point out that nothing compares to pyros at lower levels either. So far I've leveled a rogue and cleric to 50. Rogue is R3, Cleric is R2. I've got a lvl 10 war and I'm currently leveling a mage who is now lvl 27.

All but the warrior I've run through warfronts along the way to 50. And none of the other souls have burst damage to compare to pyro. It's also the easiest of all the souls I've tried. Are they squishy? Probably, but I wouldn't know because they burst people down so fast.

Also, I've heard people say stuff along the lines of "Stop complaining about a class that doesn't move."

Well, I'm always on the move when I play except for casting an occasional fireball. There are plenty of insta cast procs keeping me mobile: three instant flame bolts that procs insta cast cinderburst and then add insta cast inferno when the target gets <30% health (won't take long!)

So I would ask the devs, "Why have you put this class on the mountain top?"
    Is it the one true class to rule them all?
    i forgive your ignorance.

like a Warlock, Nerco's are not a complete nightmare...nooo pyro's.

Sword of Telara

Hold on hold on. I just bought a book on how to be a psychic.

I foresee... Mages of all shapes and sizes, mostly round, coming here to discredit you. Some large sea creature, a whale or leviathan perhaps, will say this is actually your fault and claim that nobody ever said pyro damage was out of whack, just GoS.

I also see others, many others, that feel the same way as you, OP. They too are called noobs and told l2p, as it takes great skill to crit for 5k+ and collect favor.

I lost the connection. Hope this was helpful.
    Last edited by Corebot; 05-02-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post

I foresee... Mages of all shapes and sizes, mostly round, coming here to discredit you. Some large sea creature, a whale or leviathan perhaps, will say this is actually your fault and claim that nobody ever said pyro damage was out of whack, just GoS.

I also see others, many others, that feel the same way as you, OP. They too are called noobs and told l2p, as it takes great skill to crit for 5k+ and collect favor.

i got yesterday burst for 3,600 damage from a healer, and 3,800 damage you not hear anyone about that.
    noooo pyro's are the big bad ***. got SS, just in case

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post

You are a sage and a prophet. In the other breaking news, burst damage class beats other classes' burst damage.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    We know nothing compares to their burst at 50.
    You got that right. My mage is rank 2. I usually play lock/chloro, but when I spec pyro, it is just another game altogether. Basically it's the soul that puts me on equal footing with rank 6 full gear people, because it is just that good. It's almost like people die faster than I can mash buttons.

It's funny, because just about any class that stands on the bridge in PS gets smashed by damage/aoes, but when I'm in my GoS, I just stand in the middle of it all, blowing people to bits. Fortunately no one thinks to dispel it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    You got that right. My mage is rank 2. I usually play lock/chloro, but when I spec pyro, it is just another game altogether. Basically it's the soul that puts me on equal footing with rank 6 full gear people, because it is just that good. It's almost like people die faster than I can mash buttons.

It's funny, because just about any class that stands on the bridge in PS gets smashed by damage/aoes, but when I'm in my GoS, I just stand in the middle of it all, blowing people to bits. Fortunately no one thinks to dispel it.
    Hard to dispell when I'm a squirrel lol. I just prepare to rez whenever I get morphed because what comes next is pure destruction.

+ Reply to Thread