+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Third Column (that isnt there...)

Telaran

Default The Third Column (that isnt there...)

Im not sure if this has been brought up before but I just finished a round or 20 of warfronts and was having a look at the leaderboard at the end. There was the usual kill, death, damage done, damage taken, healing done, healing taken... and so on but I got to wondering if "support" type actions are counted anywhere in that such as mana drains, disarms, stuns, buffs and debuffs... and if they aren't hidden somewhere in the stats I think it would be a good idea to squeeze it in there some place.

Whether we like it or not and want to admit it or not ALOT of people tend to use that board as a "gauge" of combat effectiveness. If support actions are left out entirely from it than those that CAN go into support roles have little incentive to do so as many would perceive them as having done nothing to contribute to a successful warfront.

Personally Id love to see support roles pushed in warfronts alot more than they are currently as I believe that they are an extremely important part of the overall balancing of PVP.

TLDR:
    Give support classes/roles their own little column in the leaderboard so they can point at it and say, "See!?!!? I was doing stuff too!"

Good idea (although the numbers could be fluffed a bit by people spamming buffs/etc), it would be a nice little trophy case for the Support classes.

Telaran

It certainly couldnt hurt... and personally id love to see more support classes in all the warfronts... Heck if say Dominators were getting some sort of credit everytime they used Mana Wrench they'd be more feared than Pyro imo. Which in turn would make the whole pyro balance issue moot as a pyromancer without mana is just... well... yea...

Sadly though I see far too few full on, or even partial, dominators... or rogues going bard... or mages going Archon simply because of the incorrect perception that buffs/debuffs/drains etc arent as "optimal" for winning as being "pure heals" or "pure dps".

Trion is very slowly falling prey to the same error that EVERY previous MMO has made where PVP is concerned and its simply forgetting that there is FAR more to "good" pvp than simply cause the "most" damage or throwing out the "most" heals.

Locking down that pyro-turret, or keeping that melee at zero energy etc, for the entirety of a match is every bit as important and critical as anything else. Give the support classes INCENTIVE to play their support roles because right now with your model of pvp there is zero incentive for them to do so.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RiftTipsAndMore View Post
    Good idea (although the numbers could be fluffed a bit by people spamming buffs/etc), it would be a nice little trophy case for the Support classes.
    Pfft.. people do that with heals already and Port Scion npc's all the time. That's really just a matter of "tweaking" the numbers a bit or adding buffers (eg. casting the same buff repeatedly within x seconds will only result in ONE value being accrued).

+ Reply to Thread