+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reverse the starting points of the Codex map and then have random start position ...

Plane Walker

Default Reverse the starting points of the Codex map and then have random start position ...

The map is unbalanced. It should be reversed for 3 months. Have the guardians start where defiant start and vice versa. Then, once the 3 months is up, the map should flip a coin and hand out the starting position for each match.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    The map is unbalanced. It should be reversed for 3 months. Have the guardians start where defiant start and vice versa. Then, once the 3 months is up, the map should flip a coin and hand out the starting position for each match.
    unbalanced??? lol how?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnan View Post
    unbalanced??? lol how?
    There are many threads on this -- the hill that overlooks the codex capture point favors the guardian side.

There are many threads on this -- the hill that overlooks the codex capture point favors the guardian side.
    /sigh excuses

Lol, I think defiants have won 98 of e last 100 codex matches I've been in.
    If anything I think we have a advantage because it seems easy to contain guardians at your spawn point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

I don't know what is so hard about symmetrical maps. Yeah there boring, but once you've played the same map 100 times it'll be just as boring, at least this way its boring with no question of balance.

PvP against me is alot like sex with me. Its quick, unexpected and ends with only me satisfied.

I would love to start on the Guardian side. The run to Vault is SHORTER, the run to Codex is SHORTER.

When I was playing around with a Defiant toon, I could get to either Vault, or Codex and cap it right when any Guardian going to those places got there.

THAT'S A HUGE ADVANTAGE.

Then you'd be here crying about THAT.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Shadowlander

I don't think that the map is unbalanced. I'm playing a defiant and I reach the codex most of the time before any guardian...

General of Telara

Why do we win it so frequently as Defiants then?

What they need to do in Codex is make it so you don't drop down and take 550-1400 damage every time. Make it so we can fall slightly farther before taking damage and the problem is solved.
    Last edited by Tiberius1; 05-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread