+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So you guys form groups for PVE all day.

Default So you guys form groups for PVE all day.

I know this because all I hear in global and 50 chat on my "pvp" server is "blab blah blah lfg Xpert whatever".

Is it that hard to do the same for Warfronts? Why should a scripted fight take more organization than fighting a dynamic pvp encounter? Believe it or not some of us take pvp as seriously as you do expert dungeons.

Perhaps Trion should allow transfers to a server cluster for dimwits that only allow green gear, solo Q's and no Prestige ranks allowed.

fixt
    Last edited by Unheardof; 05-01-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Unheardof View Post
    I know this because all I hear in global and 50 chat on my "pvp" server is "blab blah blah lfg Xpert whatever".

Is it that hard to do the same for Warfronts? Why should a scripted fight take more organization than fighting a dynamic pvp encounter? Believe it or not some of us take pvp as seriously as you do expert dungeons.

Perhaps Trion should allow transfers to a server cluster for dimwits that only allow green gear, solo Q's and no Prestige ranks allowed.

fixt
    Have you tried making a premade for a warfront? (didnt mean this to sound harsh in any way i was just generally wondering) Because i thought typically people who do pre mades in warfronts do so in guilds, and everyone gets the same vent/teamspeak/whatever details and can voice chat with a much lower chance of being griefed.

You could argue a scripted fight will take less organisation than a warfront, but its a lot easier to plan for an encounter when you know exactly what to expect (such as in warfronts you wont know your enemies team composition, tactics and whatever). Also the current chat system is much more forgiving to PvE than to PvP unless you use third party software (such as vent/teamspeak etc), because often in PvP if you try to type "help im under attack by a rogue, im near the centre of the map" you are likely to be nearly dead before finishing the sentance and are almost guaranteed a death long before help arrives. Whereas in PvE you can say "ok boss will do this, this and this, and the most effective way to counter them is this, this and this".

Im just going to consider your final "suggestion" as nerd rage.

Ascendant

I've always wondered why the PvPers who are so quick to insult "dimwits" and "bads" are so slow to take off their OP gear and give a real demonstration of capability to said "dimwits" and "bads".

Nerdrage is definitely in style on the short bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarie View Post
    Have you tried making a premade for a warfront? (didnt mean this to sound harsh in any way i was just generally wondering) Because i thought typically people who do pre mades in warfronts do so in guilds, and everyone gets the same vent/teamspeak/whatever details and can voice chat with a much lower chance of being griefed.

You could argue a scripted fight will take less organisation than a warfront, but its a lot easier to plan for an encounter when you know exactly what to expect (such as in warfronts you wont know your enemies team composition, tactics and whatever). Also the current chat system is much more forgiving to PvE than to PvP unless you use third party software (such as vent/teamspeak etc), because often in PvP if you try to type "help im under attack by a rogue, im near the centre of the map" you are likely to be nearly dead before finishing the sentance and are almost guaranteed a death long before help arrives. Whereas in PvE you can say "ok boss will do this, this and this, and the most effective way to counter them is this, this and this".

Im just going to consider your final "suggestion" as nerd rage.
    How is this nerd rage? I'm just tired of pvers whining and being lazy regarding pvp. BTW we dont run guild groups all day, in fact we advertise and invite people we know nothing about skill wise and gear wise as long as they will join vent.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    I've always wondered why the PvPers who are so quick to insult "dimwits" and "bads" are so slow to take off their OP gear and give a real demonstration of capability to said "dimwits" and "bads".

Nerdrage is definitely in style on the short bus.
    I can only assume you don't pvp much by your statement because if you did, you'd understand why Trion is buffing pvp gear. As it stands right now pve gear > pvp gear. I'm a p6 warrior in full valor gear and I have been 1 shot on multiple occasions by a fully pve geared mage. Also I'm routinely out dps'd by warriors in full pve gear.

As I said before this isnt nerd rage. Yes an insult was tossed out to pvers because I'm tired of them whining about pvp and those who take it seriously.

Ascendant

I can only assume you don't pvp much by your statement because if you did, you'd understand why Trion is buffing pvp gear. As it stands right now pve gear > pvp gear. I'm a p6 warrior in full valor gear and I have been 1 shot on multiple occasions by a fully pve geared mage. Also I'm routinely out dps'd by warriors in full pve gear.

As I said before this isnt nerd rage. Yes an insult was tossed out to pvers because I'm tired of them whining about pvp and those who take it seriously.
    You mistake what I'm saying. I'm talking about stuffed-shirt puffery and insult.

I PvP as a matter of choice. It is my preferred style of play. I occasionally do instances, but I don't really enjoy them - miss a step of the choreography and all hell breaks loose. In PvP, I can use terrain. In PvE, I ~have~ to stand on the disk and try to avoid the AOE.

Buffing PvP gear is one thing. Making a gear gap stupidly overpowered is another.

Once again, to make sure: I am a PvPer who does PvE because I like my guildmates (who unfortunately don't like me enough to queue for PvP with me - undoubtably a character deficiency on my part).

People that take pvp seriously? Oh you mean like seriously camping the spawn areas of lowbie zones? Seriously griefing the fractured pug by refusing to do the objectives and finish the game while you charge up the hill into GY's? Seriously trolling in trade chat the whole time you are not in a pvp game? So if all pve'ers want EZ mode (via fair play mechanics), all pvp'ers want EZ mode (through infantile ideas of what is fun). sounds about even to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

No I don't, I try to NEVER PvE.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Prophet of Telara

fixt
    Rift is gear-based pvp. Premades won't change this.
    Eventually Warfronts will decay into nothingness as more R6 players get bored with it. You won't be seeing casuals queueing as it's always the same premades rolling them over and over, even in premades of their own.
    Easy for casuals to queue/form groups for expert dungeons when each expert has a requirement set to it (focus/hit/toughness). WF's don't have the same exclusions. So any player that is raiding RoS can join a premade team along side the T1 player in their premade team. Somehow this is balanced pvp?
    No need for your suggestion of transfers. It's called playing something else which has a decent pvp model.

Why would somebody think that a Trade PUG is a Premade is kind of beyond me. Sure, Trade PUGs work for the basic levels of PvE content - but there are countless reasons for that which we all know. Trade PUGs for PvP might beat the complete random PUG - but they are still just a PUG themselves.

It shows a fundamental lack of comprehension of the differences between a scripted PvE encounter and what takes place in PvP...

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Believe it or not some of us take pvp as seriously as you do expert dungeons.
    And you PvPer's are showing up forPvE content in your +Valor-buffed/+Valor-runed PvP gear because.......

Quote Originally Posted by 1pH34R|\|00|\|3 View Post
    I have said this before and my OCD is kicking in again to yet say this once again

MAKE PVP GEAR AND WEAPONSWORTHLESS IN PVE SITUATIONS!!!!

I DO NOT want to play with a scrub that EZMODEed his way to 50 by jumping up and down in one spot in WFs just to get gear thats considered better than what I have had to grind for the last 3 months doing dailies questing and waiting (sometimes for hours on end) LFG instance run going
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-02-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by 1pH34R|\|00|\|3 View Post
    And you PvPer's are showing up forPvE content in your +Valor-buffed/+Valor-runed PvP gear because.......
    PvPers are not doing T2 content in PvP gear. If you're not checking their focus/hit, that is on you.

Rift Disciple

"Let's force people to group up manually!" does not cut the mustard anymore. We're in living in the post-LFD tool age, anyone who knows anything about MMOs knows that solo queues are cold beer on a hot day, and not something a modern game can do without. The people who make RIFT know it, that's why they're adding their own LFD type tool in the next patch. It doesn't matter if people "can" just form groups, because working solo queues that deliver fun end experiences are indispensible MMO magic that modern games require to thrive.

Rift Disciple

You know OP, they make games for you if you want "fair" PvP, they're called FPS, RTS, etc... This is a MMORPG, note the RPG part.

The entire point of playing this type of game is to improve your character over time so that it is BETTER than other characters.

When you level up you become better, so that things that used to be a challenge are now simple. This feels good.

Well, in this type of game PvP is the same. Picking the right type of gear and runes, should I optimize AP or crit, offense or defense, etc...

+ Reply to Thread