+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solution to premade VS Pug

Soulwalker

Default Solution to premade VS Pug

Hot topic right now so I will make a thread with my idea about how to solve it.

Solo player obviously dont want to fight against premades.

Premades think Queues will be longer without solos because there will be no solo players to fill in the gaps of premades that don't have a full raid and get the game started thus queues will be long. THIS IS TRUE.

SOLUTION:
    Make 2 queues. One that only solos can join. one that only Full Raids can join. So if you have a WF that requires two teams of 10 people are each. then you need to assemble a team of 10 players to join the Queue call this Raid WF queue. BOOM Solos get to solo and guilds get to do guild WFs.

The queues will not be long for RAID WF because all teh teams will be the same size thus making it easy to assemble games fast.

ALSO make the system take groups from all shards to ensure there are plenty of Full raid groups to join the WFS.

Ascendant

Default Another solution:

Handicap the premades based on their participation percent. If they are a full-on premade, 13-20% handicap. That way, when premade meets premade, they will still have an even playing field and when they are trying to roll pugs (because of course, they never send in a scout to verify that they are against pugs. Nope. Not ever. As in NEVER) they will have to play well instead of just coordinate.

When they split the queues in WoW, they effectively eliminated premades. Because the queues were 3 hours long. And you can't hold a group together for three hours just to run a 15 minute battle.

I want to play in premades. I don't really like stomping the crap out of people because I actually play on both sides. And some of the people I'd roll I might become friends with. Handicap my group so that we are still going to be effective (because we coordinate) without turning it into a mass zerg to eliminate the other side from play altogether. That's why sports teams don't play by themselves. It's not much fun. And it's less fun for the Yankees to smack a little league team. But if the Yankees had to play on their knees, it might just be rewarding to both they and the Little Leaguers.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 05-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Soulwalker

The reason WoWs system didn't work is because it allowed people to make premades of ANY size. So it would spend FOREVER trying to find enough premades that were all the correct size to start a game with. By forcing players to build FULL groups you streamline the matchmaking process.

One complaint I will hear is "What if you can't make a full group?" Lets say that you need to get together 10 people to join a Queue, but, you only have 7 friends ONLINE I am sure it will be SUPER easy to find 3 more people by using the chat and going LF3M to WF BLACK GARDEN. SIMPLE AND FUN FOR EVERYONE.
    Last edited by LackOfSleep; 05-01-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Ascendant

I wasn't aware that was the case. I often got into WSG with 8 on our side vs 10 Horde. Often being "within 4 hours wait".

+ Reply to Thread