+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion why does PvE gear DESTROY us in Warfronts?

Telaran

Default Trion why does PvE gear DESTROY us in Warfronts?

Your extra valor wont do **** for us that pvp against the full tier people. I cant use my gear and go into Green or an tier area but Pve gear can jump into a warfront and just ****en destoy us.

why is that?

Good thing they are fixing that issue in the patch.

Telaran

Default hum

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    Unless I am missing something you think alittle extra valor will do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Lrdprimus View Post
    Unless I am missing something you think alittle extra valor will do the trick?
    Go look at the new pvp armor. They pimped out stats too not only valor.

And Anyway 30% dmg reduction, is kinda huge...I would not enter Warfronts with PVE gear anymore after 1.2 unless I liked to be roflstomped like a mob.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-01-2011 at 05:59 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Champion of Telara

I had a pve geared pyro come to black garden with me once, he is used to playing pyro he ran it since like level 1.

He was shooting stuff down for sure.

Telaran

Your extra valor wont do **** for us that pvp against the full tier people. I cant use my gear and go into Green or an tier area but Pve gear can jump into a warfront and just ****en destoy us.

why is that?
    Because PvE gear is meant to do as much DPS as possible (assuming they are using PvE DPS gear) while providing minimal survivability benefits. Call some rogue buddies for a good old fashioned gank fest.

I know im just being really pedantic with that answer but im bored and cant quite get to sleep yet.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    So you are saying that they are stopping focus reducing elemental resist and so acting like the armor penetration bug for paragons that all the casters *****ed about?

No wait. That is something they haven't mentioned at all in the patch notes.

PVE gear for casters will still do more damage in pvp than pvp gear in 1.2. so all those mages and clerics can keep exploiting it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sarie View Post
    Because PvE gear is meant to do as much DPS as possible (assuming they are using PvE DPS gear) while providing minimal survivability benefits. Call some rogue buddies for a good old fashioned gank fest.

I know im just being really pedantic with that answer but im bored and cant quite get to sleep yet.
    I'd really like some respecced gear in the ranked pvp gear section.

I'd give a little more than half of my wisdom on each piece to be fully specced in crit/intelligence pvp gear with valor.

Other people want to spec for tank, etc.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Ascendant

why is that?
    The problem in a lot of cases lies with the PvP souls. They get good mitigation and increased damage output. Witness the Pyro.

Well first of all you did not state how advanced you are or how advanced the PvE people are. In my server we constantly get murdered by pvp people because we havent even done t2 dungeons and the pvp server has prestige 6.

And your suggested fix is wrong. Trion should not change stats on anyone's gear to balance pve vs pvp. Trion needs to fix warfronts so pvp shards only get matched with pvp shards.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Well first of all you did not state how advanced you are or how advanced the PvE people are. In my server we constantly get murdered by pvp people because we havent even done t2 dungeons and the pvp server has prestige 6.

And your suggested fix is wrong. Trion should not change stats on anyone's gear to balance pve vs pvp. Trion needs to fix warfronts so pvp shards only get matched with pvp shards.
    Some of the best pvpers I've grouped with came from PvE realms. Just because a shard is PvP doesn't mean there's no progression.

There are some balance problems. Getting one-shot isn't fun, and doesn't reflect any skill on the person who macroed squirrel-destroy.

I think the problems lie primarily within souls. The PvP souls are a bit imba right now.

+ Reply to Thread