+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a record for losing warfront?

Default Is there a record for losing warfront?

Being defiant on faemist seems REALLY unlucky, (Seems like guardians keep premading while we get lvl 10 pub's )

I play on guardian faemist. I feel like Guardians lose all the time.

It reminds of league of legends pubs: You either dominate or get dominated because of stupid players on each side.

EDIT: Back to original question though: There's not negative mark or record that I lost though right?
    Last edited by Xyero; 05-01-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyero View Post
    It reminds of league of legends pubs: You either dominate or get dominated because of stupid players on each side.

EDIT: Back to original question though: There's not negative mark or record that I lost though right?
    No, you lose nothing from losing. No records, no marks that you won or lost a warfront. I'm guessing you're not 50 yet because at 50 defiants crush the guardians on faemist

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Savatage View Post
    No, you lose nothing from losing. No records, no marks that you won or lost a warfront. I'm guessing you're not 50 yet because at 50 defiants crush the guardians on faemist
    They do?

What time of the day does this happen? A vast majority of the WF's I'm in the Defiants get crushed. And are you going against pugs or pre-mades?

It's crush or be crushed xD

Ascendant

I'm on Greybriar and this is what it looks like when I play:

Defiant pretty much own BG so much, they've installed a sofa and big screen TV near the fang.
    Codex. Pretty close to 50-50. Until Defiant premades, which are happening more and more. Then it's more like 1-99.
    Steppes: Guardian pugs almost always win. Defiant premades always win. Always. And the number of premades is growing. I can't buy a Guardian premade to save my life
    Port Scion: rarely played. Defiants usually win about 60% (not a scientific analysis).

WTB Guardian Premade.

Plane Touched

Nothing to do with stupid people. Simple algorithmic logic states on average, when one pre-made (or two that queue up together) queue up, odds are there are lots of solo'ers on the other side ready to go. So, a pre-made or two form up on Defiant - they get solo'ers. Then a pre-made or two form up Guardian, they get solo'ers. Rarely do pre-mades form up on both sides at the same time and end up queued together.

This is a recipe for nothing less than FAIL.

I am usually a dev fan-bois, but I have to say this is one of the most idiotic designs - the guy who was in charge of this design should go back to quality assurance or some other entry level job.
    Last edited by NoxMaelstrom; 05-01-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Nightfall - defiant mage... Nox - defiant rogue...

When you feel the icy grip of death rake across your neck, know Nightfall has come and there is no dawn for you.

Ascendant

I play Guardian during Aussie times in the Faemist Battlegroup and its pretty dominated by Defiant during our timezone. In my mornings, Guardians seem to do better. I try and run the least popular battlegroups as I find pugging more fun than premade vs premade.

Sword of Telara

think you are right.
    it amazing me, that people still not have a clue, how to do WF even BG, at 50.
    don't even talk about port scion, ether they made it to difficult to grasp, or people are in general really stupid.

Default Level 1-20

From level 1 to 20 it seemed like we Guardians used to win every warfront. It started turning from 20-30, and now since I am in the 30-40 zone, I have lost every 20-30 warfront I have done so far. It seems the Defiants are rulers at high level in Argent.

But also curious if there is a slate of records.
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Over My Head View Post
    From level 1 to 20 it seemed like we Guardians used to win every warfront. It started turning from 20-30, and now since I am in the 30-40 zone, I have lost every 20-30 warfront I have done so far. It seems the Defiants are rulers at high level in Argent.

But also curious if there is a slate of records.
    I bet the dev staff is able to pull all kinds of statistics when they turn their attention to that topic.

Warfronts are pretty imbalanced as a rule with close fights being the exception. In my experience this is more often due to huge gear disparities (say, 2/3 of the time) and then to better coordination (premade versus pug, or even just one team playing together and focus firing healers rather than streaming into the other team singly) and finally to people just not playing the victory conditions but running around killing for its own sake.

To see if people are playing the rules or not or playing together or not, just pull up the map and see where everyone is.

Most times when people perceive our team is playing poorly (as evidenced by all the leet speak of people of tough guys insulting their own team for being bad), actually a huge gear disparity is causing us to be rolled. Pull up the stats; if 3/4 of the other team is above us for total damage dealt, chances are it doesn't matter squat what we would do. But that doesn't stop everyone from insulting each other.

Pre-50s also suffer from the huge disparity between the bottom and top of the level bracket.

Is there a record for loosing warfronts? no..but If there was I experienced it last night. Not only that.... I was in one warfront where our side got beat so bad, the points for our team were in the negative. Edit: It was such a bad loss that our side players actually got XP taken away.
    Last edited by swordfish; 05-02-2011 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread