+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a ETA for this patch? Are they trying to squeeze yet another from us first?

Default Is there a ETA for this patch? Are they trying to squeeze yet another from us first?

When is the patch? I haven't logged in for a week, and I'm sick of waiting. I think they are gambling that a lot of us who never log in anymore will resub cuz of 1.2 patch notes. Is there a ETA? I'm sorta done holding my breathe for Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

It got pushed back to May 10th.

When you refer to it as "squeezing yet another from us", I really don't think you want to stay anyways so I don't understand the point of this thread, as you are obviously dissatisfied.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    When is the patch? I haven't logged in for a week, and I'm sick of waiting. I think they are gambling that a lot of us who never log in anymore will resub cuz of 1.2 patch notes. Is there a ETA? I'm sorta done holding my breathe for Rift.
    No offense intended, but are you a 5 year old?

No patience? In other games, patches often takes much, much longer to get implemented.

How about some understanding? In the real world, it takes a LOT of time and effort to make significant changes to an MMORPG. Also takes a lot of testing to make sure the changes don't break the live game. For example, the alpha client currently crashes a lot of computers. Do you want Trion to push that to live?

If you are physically unable to wait for the changes, I would recommend that you stop playing MMORPG's completely and try something else. Maybe some console shooters would be more suitable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    It got pushed back to May 10th.

When you refer to it as "squeezing yet another from us", I really don't think you want to stay anyways so I don't understand the point of this thread, as you are obviously dissatisfied.

Damn, well peace out then. Good luck to everyone in Rift. I'll probably check it out again in 5 or 6 months. It had some good points, but Rift is merely a grind fest right now with the lack of content or meaningful PvP system. I mean if it only had one or the other, and no repeating dungeons 10 times a weeks with 45 minutes of trash mobs per zone is not content. Sorry : P
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 05-01-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Champion of Telara

but it's a grind fest rigth now with the lack of content or meaningful PvP system.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ems-in-one-fix

Would help quite a bit what do you think

Rift Disciple

Damn, well peace out then. Good luck to everyone in Rift. I'll probably check it out again in 5 or 6 months. It had some good points, but Rift is merely a grind fest right now with the lack of content or meaningful PvP system. I mean if it only had one or the other, and no repeating dungeons 10 times a weeks with 45 minutes of trash mobs per zone is not content. Sorry : P
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.....

The patch was originally hinted to come out on the 4th of May. However now it has been delayed till the 10th.

So no surprisingly they are not trying to bait another month from you, since it is still coming out in the same month it was announced to come out in.

Edit: Yeah the PvP is lacking. Can't wait till Tera. Which will be a action skill based mmo.
    Last edited by Krazer; 05-01-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Shadowlander

I'd rather have a delayed smooth major content patch rather than a crappy one, like some other MMO does, at least we know Trion wont release sub par content on code that can't handle the changes.. it's delayed a week .. you can't wait a week? Being Trions first major patch it will be interesting to see just how well it applies, i bet there wont be any down time like another game we know, as in patch applies then you get a miriade of server issues, login issues etc and so on.

Oh and BTW i dont think said other game brought out a major patch what 2 months since release... look at the positives not the negatives, stop being so greedy and impatient.

The OP was correct for many people. The patches generally come out after you have had to sub for another month. It is kind of funny, no?

Still, you have the opportunity to play on the PTS to determine if you want to sub again - so if you do not play on the PTS... it is not Trion's fault.

But still, the patches generally come out after people have subbed for the next month...

People make decision whether to sub or not based on a patch?

Are you guys new to MMO? Or is $15 too much?

A patch should not dramatically change a game. if you don't like it now, I doubt a patch can change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    People make decision whether to sub or not based on a patch?

Are you guys new to MMO? Or is $15 too much?

A patch should not dramatically change a game. if you don't like it now, I doubt a patch can change that.
    There were things broken at launch.

1.1 promised to fix it. Herp.

Things are still broken.

1.2 promises to fix it. Derp.

$15 is not too much in the least... but why pay $15 for a box of poo...poo, I say...poo - when you could spend that $15 on something else... you know, with less poo.

+ Reply to Thread