+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This is how half your Warfront games look right now Trion.

Plane Touched

Default This is how half your Warfront games look right now Trion.

Is this how you expect the epic pvp battles to be playing out?

Even attempting to get into the enemies spawn because the players have given up so badly they can't be bothered to leave and actually play

I don't think people are gonna stick around much longer for this

There are serious balance issues around in Warfronts right now.

Organised groups vs randoms is one - though frankly people can try and organise from any server and put together a 5 man group with healing.
    Groups could be sperated from Solo joiners as an option but will ruin queue times.

There are some class balance and map layout issues - related to the first team to win the initial fight on some maps can create a foothold with the incredible ranged burst that can be set up with certain classes that makes a counter attack very difficult.

And the fact that it's one side vs another and the field of battle has no way to regulate itself, a lot of the time the losing team only gets to break out of spawn because the facerolling team gets bored and lets them.

This could have been solved by having 3 sides in battles so that the PvP would self regulate through the 3rd team, but I guess you didn't appreciate how well that worked with the PvP in DAoC like every other PvP MMO out there with the same flaw.

TLDR: Need 3 Factions for pvp to work best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    Organised groups vs randoms is one - though frankly people can try and organise from any server and put together a 5 man group with healing.
    Groups could be sperated from Solo joiners as an option but will ruin queue times.
    If this starts happening I'll go all "preform AV" up these queue's perspective ***** and you will have solved nothing.

Telaran

I'd say it's way over half that look like that.

Stop qqing that queue times will be affected, that is an outright lie. All Trion has to do is expand the clusters. If anything the queue times would get better, not worse.

Besides what do you have to worry about? I mean with sooooo many people into running premades you should have no issues with queue times......right?

So transparent you premaders......what a joke every argument you have is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaX View Post
    I'd say it's way over half that look like that.
    About 9 out of 10 on my cluster.

Soulwalker

I'm sure the "l2p's" are coming to this thread, but i must voice my support on this. Theres a huge disparity between playing in premades and solo. I know this as I constantly do both.

I get closer every day to "voting with my dollar" and canceling my subscription because I'm tired of either dominating or being dominated. It's not fun, especially as a healing cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Stop qqing that queue times will be affected, that is an outright lie. All Trion has to do is expand the clusters. If anything the queue times would get better, not worse.

Besides what do you have to worry about? I mean with sooooo many people into running premades you should have no issues with queue times......right?

So transparent you premaders......what a joke every argument you have is.
    You sport such a large vocabulary. If I take your assertion to be true that every warfront you run into a premade, one of two things is going to happen in regards to the time you spend in line: it will either experience longer queue times due to the fact that there are now less players queuing for warfronts or you will see no change at all because these premades you attempted to break up are still communicating with their overpowered VoIP despite the fact that they have to solo queue.

A pug premade is still a pug, these players are not going to find themselves performing better simply because they all grouped for the same battleground they would all have gotten into otherwise. If they perform better it is because there is something more that you are missing. It is most likely that these players are good enough on their own that in the same situation they would have still "owned you just as hard" as you might say, but more on this in a moment. There are times where these pug premades will get into ventrilo or skype or what have you and find themselves winning a warfront they would have lost. But this is such a significant minority it's hardly worth mentioning.

How are you so sure that these players are premades anyway? More often than not I'll run into two or three people in my guild also solo queuing simply because we all love to PvP. You have thus far proved you cannot even conceive the possibility and so henceforth I will categorize you as one with deplorable thinking power.
    Last edited by Arieswar; 05-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Soulwalker

What they need to do is what Funcom did with AoC's minigames. (Also guardian and Defiant would have to be able to pvp together <- I like this idea because I'd probably keep playing if I didn't lose 90% of the minigames and got to play with all the pvp 5+ invincible healers)

Pug only que- separates healers, dps, rogues, and tanks based on class archetype and pvp lvl. (example, guards get 1 pvp 5 cleric defiant get 1 pvp 6 cleric

premade only que- its a premade, what did you expect? Any form of grouping up will throw you into this que.

the problem is people that pug don't want to queue because wait for it:

It's not fun.

The problem all started with the balance problems of 1.1. This is a side-effect a certain calling (you know which one) and stacking this calling to win (hey I'm guilty of this too). I won't name said calling.

The same thing happened in a certain rvr game. Here's hoping 1.2 fixes it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    The problem all started with the balance problems of 1.1.
    Really the only difference pre patch was it was that calling you speak standing there instead of a variety of callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Really the only difference pre patch was it was that calling you speak standing there instead of a variety of callings.
    Actually the 'bug fixes' that kept certain calling in check (aka armor pen) changed the flow's of bgs after it was fixed. Apparently for the worse, at least pre 1.1 each calling had an 'op' soul.

They need to do what Warhammer did and put guards at the spawn points. So if anybody attacks another player at their spawn, guards come down and **** them. Right now it's like you try to poke your head out only to get a barrage of fireballs to your face.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CrixusAndricles View Post
    They need to do what Warhammer did and put guards at the spawn points. So if anybody attacks another player at their spawn, guards come down and **** them. Right now it's like you try to poke your head out only to get a barrage of fireballs to your face.
    They need to put guards around the guards's guards guards.

I want raid rift leveled guards around my rifts and npcs also, that way we know it is a pvp server.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Trion should add a WF that is single que. Maybe 10 v 10 with an objective that will allow people to gain rank without having to worry about facing a pre made group. Something similar to ft Aspenwood in Guild Wars. Then after they are higher rank and better geared they can hop into the regular WF's and not be outgunned as badly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast