+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: MMm... Need to rethink ur World PVP policy.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default MMm... Need to rethink ur World PVP policy.

    So, I was wandering around looking for stuff to mine and I came across a major rift. So I tried to solo some of the single monsters, and found I was barely able to kill them.

    Just as I was about to leave, I see a group of defiants coming towards the rift and I wait there for a possible attack, then one of them says, 'feel free to join, just dont aoe'.

    So I do, I die to boss aggro and soul walk. Then one of the defiants starts to attack me and sends me back to the ressurection place in town. I had to pay 40gp to res.

    I run back after healing and buffing myself, charge in and clobber one of them before their group kills me.

    I res at the healer, spending 40gp, heal up and buff up and go back. I find them in an odd spot, divided group selling at the merchant. I quickly clobber every defiant I see before the rest of the group comes at me and kills me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. I catch a straggler and dispatch him. Then the group dispatches me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. I can see they are going up the hill towards another rift. I wait until they engage then rush in and clobber one of them before the group descends on me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. This time they are all a coherent group and I'm unable to kill anybody.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and the door bell rings. Its just as well. I think they learned their lesson concerning my persistence when I'm wronged.

    I log off.

    I'm just wondering, in a 10v1 situation, is giving the 1 who dies a death penalty actually creating a workable World PVP scenario, or just creating an atmosphere where people need to scatter from zergs knowing full well Trion wants the zerg to crush them and submit them to a gold/time penalty?

    Its fine, theres nothing to spend platinum on anyway (another problem), but I just wanted to address this problem I have with open world pvp and the soul sickness nonsense.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    You may want to consider not using "ur" for "your" in at LEAST the heading of a post. I for one usually dont bother but I thought I would pass this little bit of wisdom along.

    Ely

  3. #3
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    General custer would have been proud of you, for a few minutes.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    I just wanted to add in that even at 50 you won't have to spend anywhere near that amount of gold on a single heal. It wouldn't cost you ANYTHING if you ran back to your corpse, instead you take the coward way out and res at the soul healer. If you ran back to your body you wouldn't pay a single silver, but you were a coward and went with the soul healer rez which causes you to pay.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Mushy2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Troll response: OP is mad cause he has no friends.
    Real response: There is power in numbers
    Wow Fanboy response: herp derp

  6. #6
    Rift Master Complication's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bonsall
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnibolt View Post
    So, I was wandering around looking for stuff to mine and I came across a major rift. So I tried to solo some of the single monsters, and found I was barely able to kill them.

    Just as I was about to leave, I see a group of defiants coming towards the rift and I wait there for a possible attack, then one of them says, 'feel free to join, just dont aoe'.

    So I do, I die to boss aggro and soul walk. Then one of the defiants starts to attack me and sends me back to the ressurection place in town. I had to pay 40gp to res.

    I run back after healing and buffing myself, charge in and clobber one of them before their group kills me.

    I res at the healer, spending 40gp, heal up and buff up and go back. I find them in an odd spot, divided group selling at the merchant. I quickly clobber every defiant I see before the rest of the group comes at me and kills me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. I catch a straggler and dispatch him. Then the group dispatches me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. I can see they are going up the hill towards another rift. I wait until they engage then rush in and clobber one of them before the group descends on me.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and go after them again. This time they are all a coherent group and I'm unable to kill anybody.

    I res back at the healer and spend 40gp, heal up and buff up and the door bell rings. Its just as well. I think they learned their lesson concerning my persistence when I'm wronged.

    I log off.

    I'm just wondering, in a 10v1 situation, is giving the 1 who dies a death penalty actually creating a workable World PVP scenario, or just creating an atmosphere where people need to scatter from zergs knowing full well Trion wants the zerg to crush them and submit them to a gold/time penalty?

    Its fine, theres nothing to spend platinum on anyway (another problem), but I just wanted to address this problem I have with open world pvp and the soul sickness nonsense.
    why the hell did you rez at the respawn everytime? instead of wasting tons of plat, go back to your damn stone and rez in a place that is hidden from their view point. rest then buff then attack.

    you could of spent only 40g once instead of 10 times.

    fight smarter, not harder

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I had no idea we could actually run to corpses. Guess I can try that next time. I suppose they're right, beside forums being old and dumb, they can still serve a purpose.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Let's review.

    You went up against a defiant raid group and kept dying. You could have rez'd at your grave but you chose to use the soul rez because you knew you would die immediately to the raid.

    Your penalty for avoiding the open world pvp solution (camping your corpse) was the gold you spent on your rez/heal.

    Sounds like you need to rethink your choice in games. You had a pvp solution (get friends) and chose not to employ it (or are unable to, which is purely your fault). You avoided that solution in order to attempt to pick off Defiant, so you had to pay the penalty for avoiding corpse camping. I don't see the issue here except someone crying.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrand View Post
    Let's review.

    PvP Happened due to well known game mechanics!
    Fixed that for you... just for simplicity's sake :-P
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

  10. #10
    Ascendant Aumvaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    So, IOW, the OP didn't know core mechanics -- like rezzing & such -- but Trion needs to re-think.

    OK. Moving on ...........
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I had to read this twice to make sure I wasnt missing anything but uh.. Are you crying about going in 10v1 and getting a death penalty?

    Mayble hello kitty is more for your tastes my man.

  12. #12
    Ascendant xtorma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damican View Post
    I had to read this twice to make sure I wasnt missing anything but uh.. Are you crying about going in 10v1 and getting a death penalty?

    Mayble hello kitty is more for your tastes my man.
    Man you are really hating on hello kitty online, whats up with that?
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker xXpOiSoNXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    It seems unlikely you would run into them like 10 times unless you went looking for them.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Even if this is a troll topic, it's still hilarious.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Taptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I just wanted to add in that even at 50 you won't have to spend anywhere near that amount of gold on a single heal. It wouldn't cost you ANYTHING if you ran back to your corpse, instead you take the coward way out and res at the soul healer. If you ran back to your body you wouldn't pay a single silver, but you were a coward and went with the soul healer rez which causes you to pay.
    Who's the coward? Him for going back and back only to be pounded by a group because he was, from what he said, a better 1x1 than any of them? He should rez at his body which is probably being camped by the group and not even have time to buff before they gang roflstomp him again? Yea, right. The real cowards won't fight 1x1. He did what was the best way to be prepared for another fight if he insists on showing he will mess with them and interfere with their progress just like they did with his. If they like that then fine, but in any case he did make his point and he did get some revenge regardless of the gang attacks.
    GG
    Last edited by Taptap; 05-01-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: repeated word

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts