+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Los on casters!

Rift Disciple

Default Los on casters!

Just my opinion but on cast time spell when i step through them at the last moment to avoid getting hit by a spell it shouldn't still go off. I mean shouldn't they be kiting anyways? If not they should lose all their cc abilities since they hit harder then all melee and have more survivability.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by thapaintrain View Post
    Just my opinion but on cast time spell when i step through them at the last moment to avoid getting hit by a spell it shouldn't still go off. I mean shouldn't they be kiting anyways? If not they should lose all their cc abilities since they hit harder then all melee and have more survivability.
    That would make it a well designed game, and we can't have that.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Champion of Telara

TLDR version :
    Casters shouldn't be able to cast.

Especially dominator he has more survivability than a cleric.

Rift Chaser

You do realize that's how it used to be in 1.0 right? Trion changed it because that hurt casters ability to do anything far too much. You can still LoS with objects though, they just don't need to be facing you at the end of a cast.

They do still need to face you to start a cast though, so running through them at the end of a cast can delay the start of a new cast, which IS still useful because it effectively lengthens their GCD.
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Soulwalker

I've been posting about the secondary LOS check since I started playing, apparently theres nothing wrong with shootings fireballs out your ***

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    You do realize that's how it used to be in 1.0 right? Trion changed it because that hurt casters ability to do anything far too much. You can still LoS with objects though, they just don't need to be facing you at the end of a cast.

They do still need to face you to start a cast though, so running through them at the end of a cast can delay the start of a new cast, which IS still useful because it effectively lengthens their GCD.

Yea I aware that this was not the case in 1.0 and it was changed in 1.1. I just hope the realize that it was a mistake that should be reverted back to 1.0. I was also hoping to keep this thread at the top so that Trion may actually see it. SO IF YOU AGREE THAT THIS SHOULD BE REVERTED BACK TO 1.0. Please give this thread a bump.

Telaran

I admit im not the most knowledgeable about mages, know about caster clerics tho and if they did that it would make inquisitor and cabalist pretty much useless in pvp entirely, They have it on WoW and oh my god its just infuriating when you have to spend 3+ seconds trying to cast something just for it to fail.

The current system is better because its more fair, you cant lock down a caster at melee completely any more. After all if melee hate being CC'd and unable to use their abilities why should casters get locked down and not be able to use their abilities?

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

The change to facing to cast enabled Pyromancers just to sit in their Ground of Strength.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post

I sure am glad that they fixed that. It just wan't right that casters had to face their opponents unlike melee...oh wait...

Point being, melee get screwed with LoS just like casters did. There was no reason to make their classes easier just because they don't know how to mouse turn.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarie View Post
    I admit im not the most knowledgeable about mages, know about caster clerics tho and if they did that it would make inquisitor and cabalist pretty much useless in pvp entirely, They have it on WoW and oh my god its just infuriating when you have to spend 3+ seconds trying to cast something just for it to fail.

The current system is better because its more fair, you cant lock down a caster at melee completely any more. After all if melee hate being CC'd and unable to use their abilities why should casters get locked down and not be able to use their abilities?
    Not all roles are suppose to be pvp viable. For the last part of your post thats why you kite then cast!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bungalo View Post
    I sure am glad that they fixed that. It just wan't right that casters had to face their opponents unlike melee...oh wait...

Point being, melee get screwed with LoS just like casters did. There was no reason to make their classes easier just because they don't know how to mouse turn.
    You let casters cast?

Nice joke needing los to rupt when you got spammable interrupts on your bar pretty much.

I play war and caster, and with all the anti caster/control warrior already has the advantage.

Not to mention none of our attacks have any casting time, making that exploit even more one sided.

We have bash, thunderous kick, bullsrush, titans strike.

You need more interrupts than that?

Seriously.

While I agree gos should be stunnable/ccable in, you have enough rupts to kill any mage pretty much, and the power to kill most rogues.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    You let casters cast?

Nice joke needing los to rupt when you got spammable interrupts on your bar pretty much.

I play war and caster, and with all the anti caster/control warrior already has the advantage.
    Your main must be the caster, with a post like this, I have maybe 2 interrupts on each spec and they are not spamable.I am not counting bullrush.
    Last edited by thapaintrain; 05-01-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Champion of Telara

Your main must be the caster, with a post like this, I have maybe 2 interrupts on each spec and they are not spamable.
    Bash is 8 second recharge, that is spammable when you have 4 of them that each don't have too bad of recharges, you almost always have a rupt when you need it, almost always, no reason for los qq at all unless you are so bad you can't use the skills provided for you to interrupt with on your bar.

My main is mage, I prefer a warrior though.

If I could make a level 50 warrior right off the bat, my main would be warrior, since he is more of a dominator, than my main which is a mage to be a dominator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuPgJMf9Iw

yes that vid is pre gos, but like I said gos stopping cc is bull$hits for both dominators (the anti mage) and warriors (the better anti mage).
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

Bash is 8 second recharge, that is spammable when you have 4 of them that each don't have too bad of recharges, you almost always have a rupt when you need it, almost always, no reason for los qq at all unless you are so bad you can't use the skills provided for you to interrupt with on your bar.
    Well i can say i do use all my rupts, But most rupt are energy hungry. Maybe if our rupt locked a school out for a short time it would be better.All I'm saying is that I should not be getting crit for 3k+ While all they got to do is stay in one place and just free cast. The big thing it is not my problem that some player just cant grab the concept of kite.
    Last edited by thapaintrain; 05-01-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

My main is mage, I prefer a warrior though.

If I could make a level 50 warrior right off the bat, my main would be warrior, since he is more of a dominator, than my main which is a mage to be a dominator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuPgJMf9Iw

yes that vid is pre gos, but like I said gos stopping cc is bull$hits for both dominators (the anti mage) and warriors (the better anti mage).
    Yes GOS is the main problem! The immunity is just ****ed up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast