+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 104

Thread: Solve que/pvparmor/nohealer/50grind/unhappy with class problems in one fix

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default Solve que/pvparmor/nohealer/50grind/unhappy with class problems in one fix

    All characters on a pvp server should start at level 50.

    The grind that they do is grinding the pvp prestige ranks.


    That way rerolling is simple.

    Everyone on the entire server/shard are on ONE que.

    This would increase que times to a level niether one of us have seen or believe it would ever be at.

    It would also make the game more fun as far as playing different classes goes, you could really play whatever you want now and play what you like the best without grinding 50 levels and leaving that as a project you never finish and never playing what you like best.

    This would solve the pvp armor problem completely.

    Should solve que time problem completely.

    Will solve no healer problems.

    Will solve wanting to play another class and don't want to grind 50 levels when I should start at pvp rank 1.

    It would make the game more fun and harder to play.




    This may also help with your world pvp. How many times do you run by a player that isn't your level?
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion joanlewiswrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    All characters on a pvp server should start at level 50.

    The grind that they do is grinding the pvp prestige ranks.


    That way rerolling is simple.

    Everyone on the entire server/shard are on ONE que.

    This would increase que times to a level niether one of us have seen or believe it would ever be at.

    It would also make the game more fun as far as playing different classes goes, you could really play whatever you want now and play what you like the best without grinding 50 levels and leaving that as a project you never finish and never playing what you like best.

    This would solve the pvp armor problem completely.

    Should solve que time problem completely.

    Will solve no healer problems.

    Will solve wanting to play another class and don't want to grind 50 levels when I should start at pvp rank 1.

    It would make the game more fun and harder to play.
    Well, that would at least let me play with different soul combos to see what they can do. I don't suppose the test server lets you start at level 50? If it does I'm heading over there before my sub runs out.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    Well, that would at least let me play with different soul combos to see what they can do. I don't suppose the test server lets you start at level 50? If it does I'm heading over there before my sub runs out.
    There is but it is nothing like this is, it is dead warfronts so don't expect a que.

    more often than not when I'm in the world if I see a guardian he isn't my level.

    Not that I like world pvp, but this is one of the problems.

    So I don't see why anyone on either side wanting instanced, or world pvp, wouldn't support this.

    Going through the pve side of the game and leveling doing quests is for the pve side of the game.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 10:01 AM.

  4. #4
    Champion joanlewiswrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    There is but it is nothing like this is, it is dead warfronts so don't expect a que.
    Ah well. I guess I can at least try it out in pve, then! Thanks!

    Oh, and good idea, at least for some pvp servers, it could be an option to choose those max level servers to play on, but not sure how that would affect Trion's bottom line!
    Last edited by joanlewiswrites; 05-01-2011 at 10:00 AM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    Ah well. I guess I can at least try it out in pve, then! Thanks!

    Oh, and good idea, at least for some pvp servers, it could be an option to choose those max level servers to play on, but not sure how that would affect Trion's bottom line!
    Well, what you could do is if someone wanted to start off low level on a pvp server and do pve, they could make a pve character that starts at level one, like the current system is.

    But there is an option to create a pvp character on pvp servers that are auto level 50 aka PvP rank 1.

    I think it may be better to seperate the pvp and pve servers more by making all of them on pvp servers be level 50, that way everyone on the world running around is an even target.

    It would almost seem like an increase in population.

    Those level 1-49s you never heard of are now playing with you.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 10:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Champion joanlewiswrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Well, what you could do is if someone wanted to start off low level on a pvp server and do pve, they could make a pve character that starts at level one, like the current system is.

    But there is an option to create a pvp character on pvp servers that are auto level 50 aka PvP rank 1.


    everyone you would see in the world would pretty much be max geared so it would be better fights, and everyone you see is your level.
    I really do like this idea, more choices is usually a good thing. However, mmo companies are notorious for maximizing profits by dangling carrots on the far horizon for people to chase as long as the company thinks people will keep on chasing. It works well enough to attract a large number of players to many games, including this one, and they would be giving up some of that by allowing people to start at max level on some servers. The pvp grind would need to be long indeed to make up for the lost profits!

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    I really do like this idea, more choices is usually a good thing. However, mmo companies are notorious for maximizing profits by dangling carrots on the far horizon for people to chase as long as the company thinks people will keep on chasing. It works well enough to attract a large number of players to many games, including this one, and they would be giving up some of that by allowing people to start at max level on some servers. The pvp grind would need to be long indeed to make up for the lost profits!
    The game would have been funner, some of the people probably wouldn't have quit if the class they were mentally manipulated to thinking they are stuck to playing is nerfed all the hell.

    Some of the people may have enjoyed a different class enough not to quit.

    The game would have been funner for the people with no healers.

    The people that quit because of no world pvp would have had more world pvp options.

    The people that quit because of no que times, would have had faster que times.

    The people that get owned by premades now have 5x the amount of players playing and no longer fight the same team every game.

    Etc.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 10:11 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    The grind only lasts so long then we pay for how fun or entertaining it is.


    Grinding is not very fun and like I said I may end up canceling before I get second or third level 50.


    Having those level 50's already I would probably be having more fun on a different class.

    And I know for a fact I would be having more fun being able to reroll a certain class for a premade to do some kind of tactic on the enemies.

    Would also be nice to see fresh opponents each match even if theres only two or three different teams that get mixed up, that's 3x the amount of other players from the other levels I am now playing with.


    That is also those levels not getting screwed on que times.

    My level 40-50 bracket took 5-6 hours per que.


    So would I cancel because it doesn't make me grind? No.

    Will I cancel because lack of fun, and ques. Probably.

    This is a problem in pvp, a very, very, big one, and this is the reason I never paid for one wow subscription.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Bump,

    If you have read this thread please state your opinion. I'm sure almost everyone here has a problem with at least one of these things this will help solve.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 10:35 AM.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    A valid concern some may have and was brought up in a different thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    so u think people should be allowed to start at level 50. they have 9 souls to learn. 100s of skills. you think u get stomped now. good lord. horrible idea. you should have to level a class to 50 b4 u would be allowed to do this. any class you make on this pvp server would have to have a cooresponding 50 of the same class that you earned the generic way. otherwise you will have 0 knowledge of your class.
    It doesn't take long to learn, you learn a little right when you come out of the training grounds.

    They could give a new pvp training grounds for the pvp characters, instead of the pve one that trains you to level 6 this one teaches you objectives while fighting npcs to do the warfront objectives.

    Gives you about 45 minutes of pvpish quests that all involve fighting and learning the soul combination of your choice, also the new players get to learn all warfront objectives by thier new training grounds being the actual warfronts. The training grounds will give you time to use skills and get them in a comfortable place.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 11:23 AM.

  11. #11
    Champion joanlewiswrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    The grind only lasts so long then we pay for how fun or entertaining it is.


    Grinding is not very fun and like I said I may end up canceling before I get second or third level 50.


    Having those level 50's already I would probably be having more fun on a different class.

    And I know for a fact I would be having more fun being able to reroll a certain class for a premade to do some kind of tactic on the enemies.

    Would also be nice to see fresh opponents each match even if theres only two or three different teams that get mixed up, that's 3x the amount of other players from the other levels I am now playing with.


    That is also those levels not getting screwed on que times.

    My level 40-50 bracket took 5-6 hours per que.


    So would I cancel because it doesn't make me grind? No.

    Will I cancel because lack of fun, and ques. Probably.

    This is a problem in pvp, a very, very, big one, and this is the reason I never paid for one wow subscription.

    I'm right there with you. Between being bored sick of questing already and the miserable state of pvp, my highest level toon is 21, and I'm pretty much done with Rift. I was going to download the test server patch to try out some max level combos, but the download time is ridiculous. I might try starting it up tonight before I sleep. Meanwhile, I have a dozen or so toons in their teens and that one lvl 21 I could be on right now, but I can't think why I should bother.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    I'm right there with you. Between being bored sick of questing already and the miserable state of pvp, my highest level toon is 21, and I'm pretty much done with Rift. I was going to download the test server patch to try out some max level combos, but the download time is ridiculous. I might try starting it up tonight before I sleep. Meanwhile, I have a dozen or so toons in their teens and that one lvl 21 I could be on right now, but I can't think why I should bother.
    I'm a level 50 Prestige 4 and we share the same opinion, level makes no difference here. It should be this way pretty much.

    Your class is very gimped in lower levels. Almost to where people spam 3-5 spells they may not even use at 50.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Warrior domination :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuPgJMf9Iw

    Mage domination :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4SyHqLBS24


    Warrior interrupt proactive gameplay is preferred to doms set and forget, having to go through 50 more levels to even start pvp is completely unrequired.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 11:37 AM.

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Bump, probably one of the best single fixes that helps with a variety of problems in pvp possible atm.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Another viable problem in pvp right now that this would shorten the disadvantage comeup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Why can't you people get it through your thick skulls? Rank>Tactics.

    What good are tactics if the other team out mitigates, out damages, out cc's, and out heals you? It isn't rocket science.

    This is not just a premade problem, it is a high rank premade problem.
    If everyone started at level 50, you would be higher ranked than you are now and wouldn't be complaining about ranks right now.

    I'm rank 4 and would probably be rank 6 right now, and would be enjoying the game a lot more, and more willing to pay my money next month, and being able to reroll another class and play it at level 50 right off would also make the game more fun as I have more options as to what I want to play depending on my mood.

    With 4x better que rates since all brackets are now one bracket, and all the skills can be used for the souls I choose right whenever I start playing it.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts