+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Character please

Champion of Telara

Default PvP Character please

Here's one of my replies in another thread, some people think pvp should be treated like pve, and it should not and I will show you why at the bottom of this post.

Just because something makes you endlessly grind for your pvp armor doesn't mean that is a real mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwinds View Post
    All I saw in this post was

Seriously, you kiddos want instant gratification for anything you do. It's time to go back to the real MMO days of games such as DAOC when it first came out, or how about UO? You learned and worked for your skills / lvls. Once you did it the 1st time, it wasn't as difficult the 2nd time or even 3rd, because you learned how to progress a little faster each time.

If the game feels like such a grind to you, maybe its not the right fit. Stop sounding like some spoiled kid.
    Nice one and that is the perfect and ideal way of pvp to you. Because it damn sure isn't to me.

That is how pve works yes, pvp needs to be different.

Hell I wouldn't even mind starting a pvp character and he starts at PVP RANK 1 and I earn my prestige ranks and armor atleast I start off up there with the people I was playing with, and creates a much larger pool (the whole server) in one area of pvp (do you want to talk about how this will help decrease the amount of time it takes for ques?).

Do you not see what I am saying?

Stop acting like afking in warfronts earning something for time is hardcore.

It is not, it is boring, and I may not even get to play a level 50 different class before I unsub.

That is why it doesn't work for pvp.

I bought the game to play all the souls and classes not one.

I wouldn't even mind if these characters couldn't leave the main gates of meridian. That way I won't ruin the pve'rs dungeons and theres no complaints.

Don't mind grinding the armor and weapons as long as i start at pvp rank 1 (level 50) it will put everyone on the server in one que, and make it much better on making armor sets for the devs, as of right now the lower armor sets are a complete MESS.

No one in their right minds wants to regrind 50 to play another class they want to play in pvp.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Shield of Telara

What I would want is everyone having pvp characters with the exact same gear(customizable looks) so that matches are balanced and competitive. This would also allow us to have arena games (rankings and stuff, no armor/mount rewards)

Unfortunately the people that play this game wouldn't want that, they would rather stomp someone into the ground because they ran a few more t2's instead of using their own skill.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    What I would want is everyone having pvp characters with the exact same gear(customizable looks) so that matches are balanced and competitive. This would also allow us to have arena games (rankings and stuff, no armor/mount rewards)

Unfortunately the people that play this game wouldn't want that, they would rather stomp someone into the ground because they ran a few more t2's instead of using their own skill.
    That's exactly what it is for if your team has a healer problem someone can instantly reroll cleric and stop that problem next game.

If a guild wants to make a team build that uses 10 or 20 people of certain roles and they don't have those roles since they are a dedicated pvp guild that limits their players to not many more players but a few backups more than the amount of the max number per team so they have a core team to practice with.

Say they made a team build that uses 3 mages 4 wars, 3 clerics. But they missed one or two classes of each, someones offline, need to recruit a couple others , they could all just reroll to form the team they want to form.

That alone raises the competition, creativeness, and fun in pvp.

I feel stuck to just playing mage atm, and I want to play a level 50 warrior.

I am not going through 50 more levels any time soon however, much less prestige pvp ranks that pvp characters should start leveling at, so I can forget that idea.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread