+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Premades in WF

Plane Touched

Default Premades in WF

Do not allow premades in warfronts the constant 1 sided of the game is making me want to quit..
    make a seperate warfront area for premades vs premades only this is getting we lose everytime and morale gets low the whole team goes afk and sits there...
    and as for telling me to form my own premade no id rather just click and go as i am a casual game and i dont want to take the time or effort to form it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarrett View Post
    Do not allow premades in warfronts the constant 1 sided of the game is making me want to quit..
    make a seperate warfront area for premades vs premades only this is getting we lose everytime and morale gets low the whole team goes afk and sits there...
    and as for telling me to form my own premade no id rather just click and go as i am a casual game and i dont want to take the time or effort to form it.

http://bit.ly/nnDfT

Eks
    Telaran

Would you go into a PvE instance with a random grp, perhaps with no healers? Why insist on doing this in PvP instances? Why be surprised and dismayed when it doesn't go well. Surely you wouldn't be surprised that a dungeon grp with all warriors isn't doesn't get far.

Maybe they should remove the the solo queue, force people to at least find two other players to play with before they are allowed to join.

There is no erasily implemented answer for this. It seems to be an issue with quite a few folks, so i am sure its being looked at. Will it change? i don't know, that is up to trion to decide.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

@Eks: Well said.

If you want to succeed, start by posting in your level bracket chat for other members for premade WF team. Even if you get random whatever, you'll still have people who have the foresight to want to work together. Often simply that is enough. What you can also do is play a random match, find the players from your server who performed the best and send them a tell to group up afterwards. I've met tons of excellent players this way and gone on to some great nights, full of win streaks.

Relying on a random pool of whatever and expecting to win when you have better options is folly. Asking for a non-premade queue is saying that you don't want to have to care about actually playing to win. You just want to hit the random queue button and still, somehow, come out on top. Premade or no, if your team isn't rolling healers/controllers and theirs is you'll still lose over and over again.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-01-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

This kind of complaint creates confusion because of the way the word "premade" is used in other games. The source of the complaints becomes clear once you understand the translation, though.

"Premade" in other games: a full battleground of people who queued together and are probably on voicecom with each other. Confusing, because this is not possible in Rift.

"Premade" in Rift: a team with better players than the complainant's team.

I hate playing against those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    "Premade" in other games: a full battleground of people who queued together and are probably on voicecom with each other. Confusing, because this is not possible in Rift.
    With Rift's queueing system that's somewhat possible. If you get 3 full 5man teams and everyone hits Join for Port of Scion at the same time (vox coordinated) then it's entirely likely that you'll all get into the same game. It's partially the system and partially the population or lack thereof that lets this happen. This is really the only issue as the system seems to be designed for 5man premade max and this technique circumvents that built-in steamroll mitigation tool.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Sure, don't allow people to q by themselves, that makes sense -- lol. You can't just dismiss that many people. Enough complain its hard to get a grp together for dungeons, you think it'll be better for PVP?
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by rgarrett View Post
    Solo queue should put you into a game with only players who also wanted to join as solo, simple as that.
    Last edited by Cempa; 05-01-2011 at 08:10 AM.

For the 100th time, make a new type of warfront that disables group join. You'd still have the group option in the original version but you'd also have a way to provide a much more even field for us, the customers. And maybe we'd see less of the same if the que system didn't use the same three servers over and over again. Seriously Trion, I have to question your intelligence, I mean it's such an easy fix. The only people who opposes this are people who want to keep pwning pugs with their buddies all day.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Solo queue should put you into a game with only players who also wanted to join as solo, simple as that.
    This. /10char

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Agreed. The only people I can imagine defending the ability to farm pugs in pre-mades are the people who pvp only for gear and want the best favor/prestige per hour. As a rank 5 that has done very little *but* pvp in this game - steam rolling a pug is not remotely satisfying to me.

Nine times out of ten when you're flattening a pug, the majority quit trying after a couple minutes and you are left their standing around doing nothing or hoping to snipe a kill from the one or two that hop down from spawn and get insta-gibbed. I'd much rather have a pitched battle that could go either way, those are always a lot more fun imo.
    Last edited by Erravi; 05-01-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Sage advice for life: All people are A-holes at heart, Mother Teresa would spit in your face and **** your *** with a broken broom handle as long as her anonymity was guaranteed. Always hope for the best in people, but never expect anything more then the worst.

While it would be possible to add an optional pug-only queue button next to the mixed button (Global Agenda, for all its flaws, did this), you'll just be counting the minutes until people end up on the forums complaining about that as well. It's like with any FPS. If your team is all rolling snipers, it doesn't matter who they are up against, they are idiots and going to lose every time.

Pug queues won't stop people from being stupid. Ostensibly, the less team-oriented players are the ones who are already refusing to roll heal and control classes and weighing matches down with yet another random dps role. I don't see pug-queues being anything more than dps bins where the one side that happens to get a healer steamrolls the others, sending them to the forums for whatever reason is popular today.

Yes, it sucks getting rolled by a premade but getting rolled by a random hodgepodge when your team is full of fools sucks just as badly. I'm not saying don't put in a pug-only queue checkbox but don't be surprised when that experience is just as miserable. I've seen it happen in other games so I don't expect it to be any different here.

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    While it would be possible to add an optional pug-only queue button next to the mixed button (Global Agenda, for all its flaws, did this), you'll just be counting the minutes until people end up on the forums complaining about that as well. It's like with any FPS. If your team is all rolling snipers, it doesn't matter who they are up against, they are idiots and going to lose every time.
    There will always be stupid teams. This is impossible to fix and is hence irrelevent.

Pug queues won't stop people from being stupid. Ostensibly, the less team-oriented players are the ones who are already refusing to roll heal and control classes and weighing matches down with yet another random dps role. I don't see pug-queues being anything more than dps bins where the one side that happens to get a healer steamrolls the others, sending them to the forums for whatever reason is popular today.
    However, pugs only would create a much more even field as first to teamwork wins which is as fair as it ever gets.

Yes, it sucks getting rolled by a premade but getting rolled by a random hodgepodge when your team is full of fools sucks just as badly. I'm not saying don't put in a pug-only queue checkbox but don't be surprised when that experience is just as miserable. I've seen it happen in other games so I don't expect it to be any different here.
    I'd rather see that we got just as good chances as they do, since you can't tell who you're gonna end up with.

You said the same exact thing as the guy you quoted, lol.
    Automark
    HD Guild Scribe
    Heroic Dead Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast