+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clerics: The unstoppable tanks?

Soulwalker

Default Clerics: The unstoppable tanks?

Ok yes, this is another QQ Thread.

First up, Yes, i do play a cleric, But i believe in "FAIR" balanced PvP.

Ok, Clerics are way too OP in warfront fights.

2 Clerics can tank the "Fang" for an entire game, just passing it between themselves.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill the clerics, because both of them will be healing the one holding the fang.

So yeah, For a healing class, they have way too much armor and HP.

A big nerf is needed ASAP.

Idea: Why not switch Rogues and Clerics armor around, give rogues chain and clerics leather, would balance it alot imo.

Plane Touched

Clerics need a counter and sadly there is none. Seriously mages and clerics have no counters atm. We need mana draining abilities to counter this classes.

Champion of Telara

you're a bad player
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

inb4: immortality is acceptable.

They're nerfing Clerics and people are STILL making new forum names to complain about them.

Fact of the matter is, GOOD players kill GOOD Clerics all the time. The issue is bad players can't kill them. But instead of learning how, they cry to get them nerfed.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-01-2011 at 06:03 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

I just got my f'ing cleric to 50 and now they are going to nerf it? That's b.s... I will go level up my Rogue and PK everyone instead. Playing a healing class is a thankless job. Plenty of people can kill me, a warrior can kill a cleric. no class should be able to roll EVERY class. That is IMBALANCE. It's hilarious to me people aren't whining about how much damage a cleric does but that they LIVE. Omg how horrible. get over it. It's the ONLY thing we have in almost every MMO
    Last edited by Mermaid; 05-01-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    ~Gas is expensive, Rift is cheap.~

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Fact of the matter is, GOOD players kill GOOD Clerics all the time. The issue is bad players can't kill them. But instead of learning how, they cry to get them nerfed.
    I experience this every day. Two different 2h wielding warriors fly at me at two different times. One melts me in a matter of seconds, even after detaunt and a host of other defensive abilities and instant heals. The other I toss up one hot and go about my day, sometimes even asking them to go bother someone else. Knowing how to gear, spec and blow cooldowns is 100% a question of player skill. Some got it, some don't.

Same story with rogues. Sometimes a NB/X/X will pop out of my backpack and, even with BF+Defensives, tear me down in a matter of seconds. Others I tank through and send crying to the forums. Player skill is more than just mashing buttons and circle strafing. Again, some got it, some don't.

edit: With my current P2 survival stats I have little issue with BotM being changed and ES, even in light of the CC DR changes, being reduced in strength. Well played and geared characters currently tear my face clean off and, eventually, P6 gear will close the gap to a point where I'll be able to live long enough to call for backup. Poorly geared, specced and played characters will still be as ineffectual as they are today. The BotM bug has caused a lot of grief and having it fixed is good. I'm not entirely certain about the direction they're taking the skill in but that's because I could care less about damage so my perspective is skewed.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

only cleric that is unkillable are those with that justicar/templar/warden build (was that the spec? I dont remember), just ignore them, all the others are tough but killable with the use of healing debuffes, especially the rogues specced for 100%healing debuff stacking...
    Last edited by Atreiu; 05-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by riftrules View Post
    Clerics need a dominator and sadly there is none. Seriously mages and clerics have no counters atm. We need interrupts and a functioning anti mage, anti mage class.
    Fixed

10char

Also see : Mesmer
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebard View Post

2 Clerics can tank the "Fang" for an entire game, just passing it between themselves.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill the clerics, because both of them will be healing the one holding the fang.

Idea: Why not switch Rogues and Clerics armor around, give rogues chain and clerics leather, would balance it alot imo.
    Why are you crying? Did you absolutely FAIL to read the patch notes or are you stupid ..or both? Templar is getting gutted in the patch. That means bye bye to tank clerics.

Stop whining and show some patience for the patch.
    Irony - Pathiss

@Dominmatric: Truth. Just because nobody PvPs as VK, Dom, Druid or LHP rogue doesn't mean those roles don't exist. Cripple the cleric's mana pool and healing. Remove their buffs. Watch them and their heal target crumple like paper cups.

Hell. The 2+ seconds you can score with a well placed silence (assuming they didn't already use BF) can be enough to have a reinforced target fall clean over. Tons of classes have cheap, ranged silences but few players know how or when to correctly use them.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-01-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    @Dominmatric: Truth. Just because nobody PvPs as VK, Dom, Druid or LHP rogue doesn't mean those roles don't exist. Cripple the cleric's mana pool and healing. Remove their buffs. Watch them and their heal target crumple like paper cups.

Hell. The 2+ seconds you can score with a well placed silence (assuming they didn't already use BF) can be enough to have a reinforced target fall clean over. Tons of classes have cheap, ranged silences but few players know how or when to correctly use them.
    My point was dom is there, but he doesn't function nowhere near as well as he should.

For an anti mage he should have disabling interrupts like powerblock, and pd. Especially in a game so large he needs both.

Why?

Here's one rewarding example of a good played dominator in rift using guildwars like skills.

Pyro casts fireball, Dominator Powerblocks it disabling all fire skills in the pyros bar for 12 seconds. 20 second cooldown, high energy cost (costs what a polymorph would cost you and only interrupts spells).

Then the dominator moves to hit next target with the pd skill that has just a global cooldown and disables the rupted *skill for 12 seconds, only the one it rupted.

He interrupts healing flame, the cleric cannot use it for 12 seconds, he interrupts deadeye shot, the MM cannot use it for 12 seconds.

That is real disabling.

It also helps when instants are 1.4th second casts for anticipation rupts.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebard View Post

First of all, if you ARE a cleric you obviously have not gotten past lvl 20...second your main is most likely a rogue because you want a rogue to wear chain? NOT happening...my lvl 14 rogue can almost out DPS my 50 cleric on single target...so putting a rogue in chain would be ******ed..

PS.

They already nerfed cleric pvp tree so they dont have the super high damage reduction anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggNasty View Post
    First of all, if you ARE a cleric you obviously have not gotten past lvl 20...second your main is most likely a rogue because you want a rogue to wear chain? NOT happening...my lvl 14 rogue can almost out DPS my 50 cleric on single target...so putting a rogue in chain would be ******ed..

PS.

They already nerfed cleric pvp tree so they dont have the super high damage reduction anymore
    So the invincible clerics in end game pvp are just our imagination?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I just got my f'ing cleric to 50 and now they are going to nerf it? That's b.s... I will go level up my Rogue and PK everyone instead. Playing a healing class is a thankless job. Plenty of people can kill me, a warrior can kill a cleric. no class should be able to roll EVERY class. That is IMBALANCE. It's hilarious to me people aren't whining about how much damage a cleric does but that they LIVE. Omg how horrible. get over it. It's the ONLY thing we have in almost every MMO
    Thats ok since 80% of "Clerics" dont heal anything but themselves anyway.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast