+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Port Scion

Champion of Telara

Default Port Scion

Has anyone else noticed that the guardian Spawn is seriously lower than the defiant spawn. I dont know how much of an advantage this really is if at all. It just seems like whenever you are fighting in that area opposite the church the defiants always have the high ground. Unless gaurdians are pushing directly off of the bridge.

The only reason I mention it is because of the crying I used to see on how the codex terrian wasnt balanced. Do people think this is the same type of thing?

yea I'm not Guardian but if you think about it..Guardian spawn is level with south shard with a ramp leading down from south shard to a planar idol...and Obviously Defiant spawn is higher than this.

Although Ive questioned the distance that the guardians have to run the SS to their boss compared to the Defiants distance (we have two uphill run ramps and one overlook we have to jump off of plus a bridge we have to cross. coming from SS)
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Soulwalker

Default Pve

As a side note, why are there quests and a quest giver within this WF that are PVE?

Champion of Telara

Yeah I guess its probably a little easier for the guardians to run that far stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanic View Post
    As a side note, why are there quests and a quest giver within this WF that are PVE?
    Its a PvE warfront and kind of sucks, but its usually the fastest queue for my server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Its a PvE warfront and kind of sucks, but its usually the fastest queue for my server.
    Is definatly the slowest WF to que as it's usually Blackgarden or Codex.... Can see why

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanic View Post
    Because PVE is how you make money & for some people that are PVP full-time, Scion maybe their only source of income.

Shadowlander

Did you notice that guardian spawning point was nearer to the bridge flag that the defiant one ?
    Making it iimpossible to outrun them at the beginning of the warfront.

Did you also note that the defiant planar was on the path of the guardian's hero, whereas on the other, except if we manage to kite the defiant hero to the idol, he will just skip it and directly run to the guardian boss making him nearly useless ?

(Just in term of imbalance in this warfont )

I never understood why in such warfront game designer never decided to simply do the obvious thing and do a 100% symmetric map. I wouldn't be that much surprised if each faction decided to copy the other when fortifying the city in order not to have any disadvantages.

+ Reply to Thread