+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crying about premades

Default Crying about premades

Ok so thread after thread all i read is, Plz stop the premade madness. Well folks welcome to PvP were if your not as good as the other team you wont succeed. Yes, we all know that were all winners at everything we do but, hey your in a warfront if you cant beat the other side tough luck.

Yes you will say "Well they are organized, and this excuse blah blah." So why cant pugs work as a team? you do it in experts all the time, are warfronts any different? Yes I've had my fair shares of pugs on my way to P6 and you play with the same people over and over. So I normally take the initiative to try and get everyone moving in the same general direction working towards the same goal. So what happens time and time again. People say stop whining as were losing, and as i attempt to reorganize everyone, they just say ur terrible get out of your moms basement, or the oft used we just cant beat them, so why try?

so after the constant berating and the shut ups and the 1000-50 losses in PoS the 500-6 BG the 3-0 WFS and 1000-200 codexs trying to get you dps to cc or attack healers, cap nods, defend them, pick up fangs, stop wfs shard carriers, grab shards in PoS and all the other stuff required to win i dont feel bad one bit for pugs when i come in with my groups.

Saying that your 10-20 players cant work together as a team is a joke. Learn to utilize proper cc abilities, proper game mechanics and work together for once. Don't just be OMG lets see how much dmg i can do. I could careless if someone does the most dmg in a warfront if we dont win.

Why punish the people who make the effort to get together people to go into warfronts and do what needs to be done? This isn't an instance where you will succeed every game. So stop whining when you see a group of good pvpers coming in and tear your faces apart and learn to play the warfronts the proper way and have everyone work together. There has been plenty of times when I'm with pugs that we beat premades, premade isnt an auto win but not working as a team is an auto loss.

Dont expect to win in Blues or pve gear nemore after the patch too.
    Last edited by fineaid; 04-30-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Telaran

I agree mostly. Its funny when in a pug when somone says where being steam rolled cause we are fighting a premade. Most of these so called premades are not premades but cross server pugs that are lucky enough to have atleast have their team trying to win the match and not just randomly attacking someones fairy in the middle of nowhere.

So whats it matter in the end if your against a premade or a pug one side often seems to be steam rolled over, in my experiance (mostly in black garden) the score is hardly ever close. I just find it ridiculus people complain about premades or class unbalance when 80% of people seem to have trouble comprehending something as simple as a black garden match. Many seem to think thats mindlessly attacking stuff (even pets) and ignoring the the fang/flag or leaving stuff undefended wins you the match or somthing.

There is no reason why a pug can not have some coheasion and work as a team. Many people just see WF like they see leveling just solo experiances that you try to face roll through as quick as possible. Why else would someone think its a good idea to go 1v5 at the codex? Rather then wait for some backup.

You mad bro?
    Yes, yes I am.
    End incoherent ramble.

I understand your point of view, and I don't agree but yet I don't disagree.

I love organized pvp, and I enjoy it most when I'm up against another organized group, simply because it's more of a challenge and just an enjoyable experience, opposed to the boring grind of rolling pug after pug.

If you're there to farm, then I understand why you feel the way you do about keeping premade groups mixed with pugs (which is the ONLY reason anyone would logically approve of premade vs pug), as another premade will slow down that grind. At the same time, many people don't have the resources or time available to create a somewhat successful premade. Even though it is an MMO, many enjoy joining a random warfront and doing their part there, without having to face a larger, more balanced and organized group.

You don't have to agree, as many do and many don't for any of the QQ's around these forums, but they have a voice no different than you, and pay the same price as you do every month. So in the end, it's what makes their playerbase happy at the same time of meeting the company goals.

Very well said Capital,

I mostly do not agree with the OP, but that has a lot to do with poor word choice rather than the core meaning of his post.

I do agree that you should give it a red hot go regardless of who you find yourself against.

As to the rest, I do not know if the premade vs pug is good or bad for the game.

I do not know if premade vs pug is causing people who would have stayed to leave.

I do Know that I personally would prefer three buttons in the warfront join screen,

Anything vs Anything "the current warfront"

Group vs group only " Somewhere for guilds to slug it out"

And Solo vs Solo only. " something for those that do not want either of the above"

If after a few days the warfronts are spawning less or only spawning in one of the three options, Trion can go forwards using that data.

Please do not feel compelled to defend your use or non use of premade groups, it is your dollar, meanwhile it is Trions job to do the best for the game.
    Last edited by Duvain; 05-01-2011 at 12:12 AM.

ITT: another pubstomper who doesn't want Trion to shut off his favor fountain.

The sad thing is, once the pubstompers drive out the majority of pugs, they'll only have each other to fight. And what will happen when premade has to fight premade?! MADNESS.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Ascendant

I just want to let you know as someone who likes to solo queue for PVP, when I read posts by people who keep wanting to maintain thsi dynamic I actually know I am better than you in PVP.

When I play in premades I don't want to roll over disorganized random people who just want to have some fun in PVP. I want a challenge. The best PVP are the battles that are evenly matched and close, because you actually test yourself and your abilities.

People want to maintain a status quo that prevents them from having to actually be good at pvp are suspect at best. I don't even know how people can make these threads/posts saying essentially "I am not good at PVP, so I want to keep my protected status. If we only had to face other premades the rest of my premade would realize I don't contribute as much and would likely replace me, leaving me to solo queue, which then would expose me totally as not being any good at pvp."
    Last edited by aeio; 05-01-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Pug vs Pre-made. yeah 90% of the time they do win. but you know when a group actually pays attention in the pug then usually the Pre-mades tend to get rolled to. But then again alot of the time Pugs end up losing due to lack of Healers or you have those Clerics that say I just self heal and don't care if my teamates live. This being in a pug a few times with 4 healer yet as a Warrior 90% of the healing I recieved is from my pots and my skills keeping me alive. Either case if you don't like the way things are why not try and make a small premade to help your side.

Quote Originally Posted by fineaid View Post
    Ok so thread after thread all i read is, Plz stop the premade madness. Well folks welcome to PvP were if your not as good as the other team you wont succeed. Yes, we all know that were all winners at everything we do but, hey your in a warfront if you cant beat the other side tough luck.

Yes you will say "Well they are organized, and this excuse blah blah." So why cant pugs work as a team? you do it in experts all the time, are warfronts any different? Yes I've had my fair shares of pugs on my way to P6 and you play with the same people over and over. So I normally take the initiative to try and get everyone moving in the same general direction working towards the same goal. So what happens time and time again. People say stop whining as were losing, and as i attempt to reorganize everyone, they just say ur terrible get out of your moms basement, or the oft used we just cant beat them, so why try?

so after the constant berating and the shut ups and the 1000-50 losses in PoS the 500-6 BG the 3-0 WFS and 1000-200 codexs trying to get you dps to cc or attack healers, cap nods, defend them, pick up fangs, stop wfs shard carriers, grab shards in PoS and all the other stuff required to win i dont feel bad one bit for pugs when i come in with my groups.

Saying that your 10-20 players cant work together as a team is a joke. Learn to utilize proper cc abilities, proper game mechanics and work together for once. Don't just be OMG lets see how much dmg i can do. I could careless if someone does the most dmg in a warfront if we dont win.

Why punish the people who make the effort to get together people to go into warfronts and do what needs to be done? This isn't an instance where you will succeed every game. So stop whining when you see a group of good pvpers coming in and tear your faces apart and learn to play the warfronts the proper way and have everyone work together. There has been plenty of times when I'm with pugs that we beat premades, premade isnt an auto win but not working as a team is an auto loss.

ok little man, I am r6.
    I solo que and about 2-3 times a week my sidekick from warhammer (a real pvp game) logs in and we hit WF together.
    your logic is flawed and cowardly. "why punish the people who make the effort to get together..."
    so you admit that it is EASIER for a premade to beat up on pugs rather than other premades... isnt the point of teaming up to overcome adversity?
    my ride to top rank in this game has been ridiculously hard. and whats funny is, I am noticing the people I used to wave to after I killed them 2v1 are now spawn camping me. I am playing more than they are, but they are getting in free wins every 6 minutes while I am being spawn camped for chain losses.

rewarding premades for beating pugs is like rewarding people in greenscale gear, River of Souls gear for beating expert iron tombs. On average, im my many spawn camps... we will get 1-2 kills (most always from an insane pyro crit) while the premade will rack up 30+ kills. so obviously this is "TRIVIAL"
    no, you should not be rewarded for doing trivial content.

we can solve all this by making a "que solo" option just like they did in modern warfare.

I run with premades probably 90% of the time I play. So take this from a gamers perspective. I want a challenge, and it is not fun for me, and my friends to be beating up on PUGs. If you're half as good as you think you are, you would fight tooth and nail with me, so you can face my premade, and I fight your premade.

That said, the BIGGEST advatage us premades have over any PUG, is vent. We're already in it, and any group in vent is 10 times better than any group not in vent because it speeds up our reaction times. It is a distinct advantage every gamer understands, and exploits. PUGs are coming in from different servers, and it would be near impossible to get hundreds, possibly even thousands of players in a given month to join a vent channel at the time they are entering a warfront with new faces.

The second advantage is we enter with balanced groups, and with healers, who heal.

Really, that's all that needs to be said. Do you want a challenge? I do. To get that challenge my premade needs to be fighting your premade.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-01-2011 at 03:06 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

.. Too much text to really care, but in the end premades just need to be controlled more. Spare me your ' omfg you shouldnt q if you cant pew.. ' speech. There is no logical reason unless your an idiot to have to fight the same group of people for 5+ hours.. This is why wow pvp fell down stairs hard, until they fixed it, an this game doesnt need anything more in the negative side of the equation. At least in wow you had such a large group of servers to pull from, you wouldnt get a premade all day.. Every now an then you would get rolled, but mostly you had a chance.

.. If you think thats wrong, well guess what we can see how that works out for you an your game in a years time.. Cry all you want but this game is sinking fast population wise.. which is sad because minus a few annoying bugs, some balance issues, an pvp thats broke at times.. i do in fact enjoy it..
    Mordathikorinthia Rogue (bard/ranger) (signature test till I can fix something up)

If you are rank 6 now you got there on ezmode and are now in Hello Kitty mode farming pugs. Don't tell me to get my rank 2 premade and come out to fight rank 5/6 premades and that things will be better.

1 star, stupid is as stupid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post
    ITT: another pubstomper who doesn't want Trion to shut off his favor fountain.

The sad thing is, once the pubstompers drive out the majority of pugs, they'll only have each other to fight. And what will happen when premade has to fight premade?! MADNESS.
    Exactly.

If thes premades were as into their organizational and l33t skillz as much as they claim they would welcome fighting other premades.

You people are fooling no one.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Exactly.

If thes premades were as into their organizational and l33t skillz as much as they claim they would welcome fighting other premades.

You people are fooling no one.
    Exactly! I was in a premade and beat a top premade in battlegroup 2/0 in WS. I contniue queing up and had not seen any of the these guys que up again for 7hrs.
    This is after all name callings our did.
    Accept it premades are pathetic pug stumpers that just want favor handed to them in easy mode and dont want to face challenges.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by gingging View Post
    Exactly! I was in a premade and beat a top premade in battlegroup 2/0 in WS. I contniue queing up and had not seen any of the these guys que up again for 7hrs.
    This is after all name callings our did.
    Accept it premades are pathetic pug stumpers that just want favor handed to them in easy mode and dont want to face challenges.
    i could make the same argument that pugs are antisocial masochist that would rather suffer and whine then find a solution to their problem.

Sword of Telara

So this wouldn't fit in the other 4 threads about preamades and PUG's, why? It deserves special attention? It should be on top?

+ Reply to Thread