+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devs, why can't we drink in combat?

Default Devs, why can't we drink in combat?

I never really gave this much thought but lately, I've had very frustrating PvP experiences and that has made me wonder: why can we not drink in combat?

The drinking mechanic in Rift is one that is of a channelled spell. So this would be ideal to implement - spell breaks upon being attacked. I mean we can even mount in combat; why not drink?

It really bugs me - it's one of the glaring disparities in the game I've noticed about classes that cannot heal (warrior). It's frustrating enough while running experts that I'm the last on demand. It's even worse in PvP when you have LoS'd someone and are low on health and they can heal/buff up and I can't. Then there's the annoying bug when you're stuck in combat for a while after the fight actually ends.

It's frustrating: melee survivability is bad to begin with and we can't even care for ourselves. Of course, the fact we can mount in combat is cherry on this cake, LOL.

So why can we not drink in combat?

Champion of Telara

...because then all it would take to heal up/get your mana back fully is about 5 seconds of time where you're not being hit?
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

I'll comment as prize for the most rhetorical question on the forums.

The idea behind not being able to drink in combat is to force use of healers and depletion of their mana.

The end.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    ...because then all it would take to heal up/get your mana back fully is about 5 seconds of time where you're not being hit?
    Why is that bad?

Is spending time in GY fun when you legitimately won a skirmish and you die 5 seconds later because damage dots are ticking of you and the game won't let you out of combat?

Is it fun to just kamikaze rush into skirmishes because you know you're going to die anyway versus tactically
    using terrain and LoS to help yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sangsom View Post
    I'll comment as prize for the most rhetorical question on the forums.

The idea behind not being able to drink in combat is to force use of healers and depletion of their mana.

The end.
    No one is asking to drink when people are whacking on you.
    Last edited by empyrean; 04-30-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Champion of Telara

Yep, there's nothing wrong with casters having infinite mana and people healing themselves up to full whenever they can outrange/los the enemy team. You're right!
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Yep, there's nothing wrong with casters having infinite mana and people healing themselves up to full whenever they can outrange/los the enemy team. You're right!
    It would definitely make for more interesting PvP.

OP is a troll, or undeniably terrible.

Praying it's the former.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

+ Reply to Thread