+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solution to Farming in Warfronts

Default Solution to Farming in Warfronts

So i was cooking my cabbage (not code for anything real cabbage) and i had a brilliant idea. When we're sitting around premading warfronts we like to farm people. Why? Cause it's fun, and cause you get more stuff.

So... Why not give an incentive to the winning side to win as fast as possible, by giving a bonus the faster you finish the warfront.

So get your Trion nerds to calculate how fast it would be for a team to win a perfect game, and then start the 100% bonus timer at that time, and if time runs out there is a 0% Prestige and Favor bonus.

BAM. Fixed.

Excellent idea.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangsom View Post
    Excellent idea.
    which is why it will never be implemented. it makes too much sense

Champion of Telara

A /Resign feature would be nice, if a team /Resigns they lose and can start a new match.

To prevent fast resigns, they could only resign at certain point leads.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 09:54 PM.

And make it easier for cowards with no testicular fortitude to waste everyone's time?

I'm good.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    A /Resign feature would be nice, if a team /Resigns they lose and can start a new match.

To prevent fast resigns, they could only resign at certain point leads.
    Horribly bad mechanic.

you people make me sick

Sword of Telara

Terrible idea, because then any balanced matches would often result in nothing for anyone...

You penalise everything but the most lopsided fight. Was there something else boiling with that Cabbage?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    Terrible idea, because then any balanced matches would often result in nothing for anyone...

You penalise everything but the most lopsided fight. Was there something else boiling with that Cabbage?
    Balanced matches would result in massive gain for everyone involved + the fun of balanced combat. If everyone is actually playing to win, the kills (and the subsequent favor/prestige gain) will happen regardless. Unfortunately, recent history has shown us that in this era of gaming, you have to incentivize everything in order to get people to do what they should be doing on principle (which in this case, is playing to win).

Combine that with the psychology of people getting farmed. I cannot tell you how many times we've had to LIMIT our farming (refering to PoS specifically) due to Guardians being demoralized and not queueing back up. I'm not saying it to brag, I'm saying it to state fact. Normally on Deepstrike Defiant, PoS Queue is about 5 mins. HOWEVER, if we put that good extended farm on kids, those queue IMMEDIATELY shoot up to 20-30 minutes, because only players with Tremendous Heart can withstand getting farmed hard and NOT being demoralized. Most just leave. Hell, I see it on our side as well most of the time, but it doesn't really bother me because they aren't in my guild. I view catching a bad farm put on us as an opportunity to get better teammates in the next queue (because those who got demoralized aren't there anymore).

Basically, the incentivization would basically cause favor/prestige gain to even out (at least for the winners) while ensuring that no one (unless a team is just being ****s about it) endures catching a bad one in the form of that Harvey Goodfarm, thereby ensuring that people still queue up for WFs.
    Last edited by kuronese; 05-01-2011 at 01:42 AM.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Yeah everything kuro said... Plus the fact that no one is really getting penalized, you're getting a bonus for finishing the fight faster, instead of farming the rest of the time in order to make the gains you would have made with the bonus.

Sword of Telara

By making it a bonus, you still don't encourage good games. you encourage people to stack as much as possible, and pugs to get pooped on even more.

Your suggestion only encourages games that are lopsided to be finished quickly... And then restarted yet again.

There's absolutely nothing that encourages a balanced game, it just encourages more pre-mades, and even then they won't want to actually play each other because they want the fast win so they get the max favor/prestige or even exp in the shortest time.

The only way to really get "good matches" is to allow ranked matches without any reward to it...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

And as always "Death to the Fascists! Death to the Guardians!" -Liper

Champion of Telara

By making it a bonus, you still don't encourage good games. you encourage people to stack as much as possible, and pugs to get pooped on even more.
    IDK about you but I love paying people to poop on me.

Knowing I have to re-level to level 50 5 times just for pvp, then do pvp ranks is the equivalent of floating in sewage.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-01-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Champion of Telara

Drowning in sewage may be a better comparison.

The Bonus and Resign ideas both sound good on e-paper, but they can also both result in abuse by factions starting to trade battles because of them.

+ Reply to Thread