+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make more posts crying about Warfronts....

Rift Chaser

Default Make more posts crying about Warfronts....

...because we all want to read them. While you are at it, cry about imbalance as well.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Ascendant

When imbalance isn't so frigging extreme, perhaps it will stop.

Trion has a good game. And they are making the same boneheaded mistakes Blizzard did.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    When imbalance isn't so frigging extreme, perhaps it will stop.

Trion has a good game. And they are making the same boneheaded mistakes Blizzard did.

Which led to the most popular MMO in existance. I hope to make the same mistake and get rich.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by damican View Post
    Which led to the most popular MMO in existance. I hope to make the same mistake and get rich.
    Ah, customer service.

PvP was much better before BG. After they introduced BG and the population imbalance (Alliance was higher pop on almost all servers then), they made changes to make playing the underdog more interesting (mine fields in front of FW Keep).

Right now, mages and warriors are incredible. They simply are. I think Trion were hoping that the abundance of souls would camouflage imbalances. And it would if the imbalances weren't so extreme.

Blizzard is responding by homogenizing classes. "Bring the player, not the class," is a fine bumper sticker, but the limitations inherent in all the classes early on were what made playing in pvp fun.

Trion has to figure out how to keep the flavor without making it so bitter that nobody besides the "chosen few" (and no, I don't think it's a conspiracy) can stand the taste.

One more thing: WoW was successful. Very. But WoW 2.0 is having the same problem that almost every other game had, with the sole exception that their player base was already installed. Cataclysm is a new game. And it's just not a very good one. This one is a bit better.

Trion has an opportunity. I hope they do well with it.

+ Reply to Thread