+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why World PvP is Dying in Rift

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default Why World PvP is Dying in Rift

    Besides the fact that no incentive is given to participate in world pvp what-so-ever. Guards are now being added to every zone world pvp can be found in.

    While PvP was once possible in Fortunes shore with 1-2 guards with 10-14 visible + invisible Guards it has become an exploiters paradise.

    The Guards don't work at all how they should without any form of faction system to stop exploiters.

    Now if a player runs up and attacks you, the insane amount of guards kill him and you laugh. But if your a Warlock, Stormcaller, Riftblade, or any class with a pet out the jokes on you because the min he attacked you your pet or Armor struck him for dmg, and when the guards are done with him, YOUR NEXT!

    Not to mention what one lone Necro can do with feign death exploit! the town already had two buildings with Faction based guards players can run to for safety, so why are you trying to make everywhere a safe zone on PVP SERVERS!

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Gravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kanata
    Posts
    110

    Default

    It's the same team that brought you the Port of Scion.

    They love their NPCs, what can I say lol

    In reality FS was a lot of fun - lvling guildie "ugh getting ganked in FS" - those of us 50 already drop what we are doing and go clear them out. Sad that this might have been taken away.
    ________________
    Graevis - Cleric
    Gravis - Mage
    Aeonian Prophecy - Emberlord

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    World PvP would have to exist before it could die.

    You could just stop being bad trying to gank people and PvP against people that want to fight back.

    I can understand people that want a zone totally devoted to PvP where there are no NPCs around. I cannot sympathize with anyone complaining about the amount of guards in a quest hub.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Roll on a PVE server if you want to whine about being killed in a PVE quest hub you carebear scrub, its what the freakin PVP flag on the server is for.

    Rift is doing exactly what they did to WoW and ****ing up the world PVP with guards.

    I had such high hopes for this game, Rift is a copy of WoW in every way, even their dumb mistakes. I guess I'll have to put my faith in Guild Wars 2 and hope they don't screw it up like everyone else in the past few years.

    Another MMO destined to fail within the first 12 months, when is someone going to GET IT???
    Last edited by Trikki; 04-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trikki View Post
    Roll on a PVE server if you want to whine about being killed in a PVE quest hub you carebear scrub, its what the freakin PVP flag on the server is for.

    Rift is doing exactly what they did to WoW and ****ing up the world PVP with guards.

    I had such high hopes for this game, Rift is a copy of WoW in every way, even their dumb mistakes. I guess I'll have to put my faith in Guild Wars 2 and hope they don't screw it up like everyone else in the past few years.

    Another MMO destined to fail within the first 12 months, when is someone going to GET IT???
    Did I say I had a problem with it? I dont believe I did. I have no problem with people wanting to be bad. Some people cant compete in real PvP thats fine with me.

    I do have a problem with people actually calling that PvP though. Ganking or anything around NPCs is not PvP. Port Scion isnt even PvP.

    I play on a PvP server not because I enjoy ganking people, there is no competition in that. I do like it when people try to gank me though so I can show them how bad they are.

    None of that is really my point. My point is that Open PvP isnt being killed by "more guards". Its being killed by the fact that they have not yet added a PvP zone and if/when they finally do they might not have any good PvPers left.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    World PvP would have to exist before it could die.

    You could just stop being bad trying to gank people and PvP against people that want to fight back.

    I can understand people that want a zone totally devoted to PvP where there are no NPCs around. I cannot sympathize with anyone complaining about the amount of guards in a quest hub.
    According to your logic there is no reason for PvP servers as you define any combat in the real world as ganking lol. Real world PvP predates arena's and warfronts which pvpers consider REAL PVP, it takes alot more skill to adapt to Unknown situations facing unknown numbers and combat at any time, then killing pugs in WF premade of 4 clerics. But WoW arena has sadly made a new event PvP has never seen, Carebear pve players that think Arena or BG's take any kind of skill to win(lol play a druid in 2's and faceroll keyboard to 2400 skill is not required same as Rift cleric).

    So you can keep your Elite pvp sandbox I'd rather fight 2v1 at the same time.
    Last edited by Fellknight; 04-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trikki View Post
    Rift is doing exactly what they did to WoW and ****ing up the world PVP with guards.
    Never really played WoW seriously, but AoC did the exact same thing.
    3 billions guards per zone, and last patch gave them heat-seeking throwing axe hitting you even if you run accross the entire zone.

    When you're getting owned 6 vs 12 in a guild vs guild fight, and you complain more about the guards, than the ennemy team... you know there's a problem.

    Hopefully it doesn't get/stays like this here.

    But the reason world pvp is dying is that people don't want to pvp.
    People create their toons in pvp servers because they're afraid they're gonna miss something if they play on pve servers. But they don't want to pvp anywhere else than duels and warfronts.

    In a quest hub? They're turning quests in/vendoring stuff. They don't want to pvp there.
    Fighting mobs? Unfair, they weren't 100% health. Plus, they're just trying to quest&level.
    During an invasion? We need the ennemy faction's DPS guys, don't kill them!

    So, people log into pvp servers even tho everytime they're in a place where there's a difference (between pvp and pve server ) they don't want to pvp.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fellknight View Post
    According to your logic there is no reason for PvP servers as you define any combat in the real world as ganking lol. Real world PvP predates arena's and warfronts which pvpers consider REAL PVP, it takes alot more skill to adapt to Unknown situations facing unknown numbers and combat at any time, then killing pugs in WF premade of 4 clerics. But WoW arena has sadly made a new event PvP has never seen, Carebear pve players that think Arena or BG's take any kind of skill to win(lol play a druid in 2's and faceroll keyboard to 2400 skill is not required same as Rift cleric).

    So you can keep your Elite pvp sandbox I'd rather fight 2v1 at the same time.
    I never said that they should get rid of PvP servers or that type of PvP. I was just saying that people that prefer that type of PvP are bad and contrary to what you say takes less skill.

    I am not saying good PvP has to be instanced, but I think for it to be really good it would have to have its own zone with no NPCs where people would specifically go to PvP. It wouldnt hurt to have even numbers either(sounds kind of like an instance huh).

    I could list a lot of reasons why world PvP is easier than instanced PvP, but its seems to obvious for me to debate and its kind of off topic.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    I do have a problem with people actually calling that PvP though. Ganking or anything around NPCs is not PvP. Port Scion isnt even PvP.
    Most people that gank unwilling participants are looking to draw more willing fighters in.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravis View Post
    It's the same team that brought you the Port of Scion.

    They love their NPCs, what can I say lol

    In reality FS was a lot of fun - lvling guildie "ugh getting ganked in FS" - those of us 50 already drop what we are doing and go clear them out. Sad that this might have been taken away.
    Actually, it's the same team that brought you Warhammer Online - why are you surprised?

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    on pvp server: GET RID OF GUARDS trion!

    there can be some at the ressurection portals to prevent spawncamping but THATS ALL!

    PLEASE!

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadhafi View Post
    Most people that gank unwilling participants are looking to draw more willing fighters in.
    hahahah, no they're not.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    But the reason world pvp is dying is that people don't want to pvp.
    People create their toons in pvp servers because they're afraid they're gonna miss something if they play on pve servers. But they don't want to pvp anywhere else than duels and warfronts.

    In a quest hub? They're turning quests in/vendoring stuff. They don't want to pvp there.
    Fighting mobs? Unfair, they weren't 100% health. Plus, they're just trying to quest&level.
    During an invasion? We need the ennemy faction's DPS guys, don't kill them!

    So, people log into pvp servers even tho everytime they're in a place where there's a difference (between pvp and pve server ) they don't want to pvp.
    This is absolutely true, most players who decide to play on a PvP server are PvE players. Anytime you attack them, there not ready(which is everytime there not in duel or WF).

    Now this only becomes a problem on a PvP server when the designers are also PvE players and they cater to this kind of mindset. You would figure that logically a programmer would say "Well what did you expect you chose a PvP server so anytime you leave Sanctum or Meridian your not safe"

    But instead Trion is doing everything in their power to garuntee PvP servers are exactly like PvE servers so no player can ever die outside a WF, and if they keep doing it there gonna lose their PvP playerbase and leave a HUGE VACUUM in the gaming industry for a pvp game, which Rift clearly is not.
    Last edited by Fellknight; 05-01-2011 at 07:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I thought Rift was a PVP game with PVE on the side.

    where did I go wrong?

    /shrugs

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Guards are stupid yes.

    But the fact that I get what 100 prestige for killing someone in open world pvp, or I can get 3k+ prestige running a wf for 20 minutes....

    So I cant level by participating in world pvp, and I cant get my gear participating in world PvP.

    Really hope they have written off all the PvPers subbing this game for a long time, cuz it simply isnt gonna happen.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts