+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some screenshots of mage not Pyro..

Rift Disciple

Default Some screenshots of mage not Pyro..

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/alysinchains/

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

Champion of Telara

Almost 10/10 warfronts I enter I get top heals and damage as a warlock, on the same server, even with you on my team.

Doesn't mean too much imo, it means I got some good aoes in there at times.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Champion of Telara

"Hey guys, I do tons of completely ineffective damage that gets easily outhealed"
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    "Hey guys, I do tons of completely ineffective damage that gets easily outhealed"
    Not to mention warlock armor racking up those points.

I will say warlock does have some pretty good aoe, but it's just not the same as all of that damage being single target damage.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thank you +1-30% sourcestone damage buff?

Rift Disciple

I've never understood that. Damage is ineffective? How is that differant then saying someone healing is ineffective? Isnt that what a dps build is supposed to do? Do dmg? thats a silly statement...

These screenshots were just to show that its not your "OP" Pyro's doing all the dmg. Its guys like me, using war/nec/am and sc/ele/am doing all the dmg. Notice the killing blows as well? No, they are not all of wins, do you win every WF? I think not

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

P.S When is dmg affective? When you add up your entire teams dmg and it still is not equal to one person's dmg? Yah..thats ineffective..

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alysinchains View Post
    I've never understood that. Damage is ineffective? How is that differant then saying someone healing is ineffective? Isnt that what a dps build is supposed to do? Do dmg? thats a silly statement...
    It's kind of more like a pressure type damage, just like withering vine is there to relive pressure.

If that was all solo target damage you'd have probably 2x, or 3x the amount of killing blows.

Lets say I use my aoe and get 3k at once per gcd from my aoes hitting 3 or 4 people.

If I hit 3k on one person per global cooldown instant cast that is much more effective from a killing point of view.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

Roger, I understand mechanics. However Devouring Shadows, my only AoE, is used maybe a handful of times in a WF, and normally never for the full duration. So with Necrosis/Neddra's Grasp--->Radiate Death, my opener in a group setting, technically its all single target damage...Plus, the fiew shots I have posted all but I believe I also have the highest KB's..

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

Plane Touched

So what you're trying to say is it's not only pyros that need a nerf, but all mage souls? Interesting.

/signed

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xPencilx View Post
    So what you're trying to say is it's not only pyros that need a nerf, but all mage souls? Interesting.

/signed
    Warlock Armor is almost like a ranged healing withering vine on damage + aoe in the same build, + his single target spells that are over time are also aoe with another spell, nothing really special here, it's the equivalent to showing off chloro healing/damage pretty much.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Port Scion numbers have never impressed me. Lemmings to a slaughter.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1...0427181622.jpg

^ This is what usually makes me log off for a night and drove me to cancel my account. Defiants in my server cluster have a number of mages who can log in and completely turn the tide of what would be an even match.

Plane Touched

Chloro/Warlock/Necro combinations in group PvP are mainly there to harass or place meaningless DoTs. Sure, your damage can get way up there in the total amount, but you honestly aren't killing anyone with it unless you catch them solo.

+ Reply to Thread