+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you would have just listened to people in Beta/Alpha (About the PvP soul implement

Plane Touched

Default If you would have just listened to people in Beta/Alpha (About the PvP soul implement

If you guys would have listened to the suggestion that was probably mentioned thousands of times over by people in beta/alpha about making the pvp soul a 4th soul with different point allocations, you wouldn't need to do the massive cc/class changes you're doing in 1.2 and some of the changes you have done since release. Why were you guys/why are you guys still reluctant on the idea of possibly making the pvp soul a 4th soul in conjunction with the other 3 souls, Trion? Do you not realize a lot of the too much burst damage, too much cc, insert other complaint here; could have been resolved by doing this right?
    Last edited by Empathetic; 04-30-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Killing people with logic since 1997 UO (The first true 3D MMO that wasn't WOW.).

Shadowlander

I have been a major fan of this idea ever since I first bought my PvP soul in beta. I was actually surprised this was not the way it was anyway, and this is one of the first things that I thought about.

Sez

Captain Hidesight is always 20/20
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

They had Warhammer Online people involved, did you expect it to go well?

Soulwalker

I also thought that's how it would be when I first found out about the PvP souls.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    They had Warhammer Online people involved, did you expect it to go well?
    The renown system from War/Daoc comes to mind, why didn't they copy it with the pvp souls? They could have easily made the pvp souls an alternate advancement system like Renown Ranks, they still can. I don't understand why they want people to have a pvp soul replace one of their main souls when they could just make the pvp soul seperate. It's only 21 points anyways so it's very limiting, why not make it into a 4th soul with points that are rewarded from prestige ranks, they can leave it at 21 points max.
    Killing people with logic since 1997 UO (The first true 3D MMO that wasn't WOW.).

Plane Touched

I fail to see how creating a 4th soul with it's own points allocation helps any of the problems. If anything it will cause more..**** I'd love to have the 15 points in my templar tree go back into my Shaman or Justicar tree so I can pick up more abilities/more dmg or drop those 15 points into a 3rd soul for even more synergy etc etc instead of having to choose between offense/defense with my templar tree like I have to now...

Champion of Telara

And a 5 second recharge break free won't be better for every single class in this game over the patch which will make stuff immune rather than dealwithable, how?

two stuns durations will still be there back to back this way, that's still long enough to die, then they will be immune to if you didn't die pissing off that melee, or dom, or whatever was applying cc.

Having a 5 second recharge break free gives that player the satisfaction of stunning or snaring you, but also doesn't let you get locked down and lets you get out of it almost always if you absolutely have to break free at that moment.

The patch dumbs the game down more, this makes it more skill based.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 08:39 PM.

you can't have it all ace!

i'll just assume you got your uber build and don't want to sacrifice it to have moar uber skill.

Plane Touched

After thinking about this a bit more...all this would do is make it so PvE specs would be usable in PvP because the points dont need to be adjusted as much. **** I'd love to have my Sham/Inq/Sent 60% extra crit dmg build without sacrificing anything in my PvP soul...

Seriously though, really bad idea. Leave the soul system alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Captain Hidesight is always 20/20
    Meanwhile. Captain Hindsight laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    After thinking about this a bit more...all this would do is make it so PvE specs would be usable in PvP because the points dont need to be adjusted as much. **** I'd love to have my Sham/Inq/Sent 60% extra crit dmg build without sacrificing anything in my PvP soul...

Seriously though, really bad idea. Leave the soul system alone.
    It's a bad idea.. mainly cause right now, if you choose builds like Storm/Warlock/PvP while you do have advantage against players in some area's, you're not vastly superior to lower rank players just based on your pvp tree.

With his idea, a Storm/lock/Dom/PvP who was Rank 6, would ALWAYS be vastly better then a Storm/lock/Dom/PvP who was rank 1, by a LARGE amount.

It would unbalance things more for new players.

I like that high rank can POTENTIALLY give you advantages.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Empathetic View Post
    The renown system from War/Daoc comes to mind, why didn't they copy it with the pvp souls? They could have easily made the pvp souls an alternate advancement system like Renown Ranks, they still can. I don't understand why they want people to have a pvp soul replace one of their main souls when they could just make the pvp soul seperate. It's only 21 points anyways so it's very limiting, why not make it into a 4th soul with points that are rewarded from prestige ranks, they can leave it at 21 points max.
    I 100% agree with this and I will not be happy until they do this. Replacing one of our mainsouls with a stupid soul that you can't put as many points into is dumb.

They've got to realize their mistake by now.

I fail to see how this would substantially change balance.

Shadowlander

I don't think that would help. If you argue different souls for PvE and PvP, I would agree. That would allow devs to balance both aspects of the game separately. But that would also require the creation of two more callings for each class for PvP so you can have a single PvP soul.

Anything short of that is not really going to address the problem, in my opinion. Right now the soul combinations are causing the problems. There are so many that it is impossible to balance them all or to even understand what a simple change will impact. If they kept PvP souls simpler it would make it much easier to deal with balance because there would be less variables and you would not have to worry about affecting any other aspect of the game.

*EDIT*

PvP souls would only be usable in PvP and PvE in the open world. Otherwise it would be meaningless as well.
    Last edited by jdela13; 05-04-2011 at 04:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast