+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fix Nightblade immunities capping flags.

Shadowlander

Default Fix Nightblade immunities capping flags.

Nightblades using blackout/twilight transcendence to cap flags in the codex has to be fixed. Currently this map is unplayable against a team with a nightblade.

They will pop immunity to all attacks and cap the flag, absolutely guaranteeing a cap, everytime. This is also a problem in whitefall and black garden with them doing the same thing with fang/stones. Our entire team can sit at the codex and defend it and one nightblade can come in and turn the flag guaranteed. What's worse is in codex it takes a minute for the flag to turn, so they have a full minute to stealth in, pop immunity, and recap it back. Blizzard fixed this kind of abuse in 2005 before they even released BGs. You guys should have seen this coming, along with 100% damage mitigation ********.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thimlee View Post
    Nightblades using blackout/twilight transcendence to cap flags in the codex has to be fixed. Currently this map is unplayable against a team with a nightblade.

They will pop immunity to all attacks and cap the flag, absolutely guaranteeing a cap, everytime. This is also a problem in whitefall and black garden with them doing the same thing with fang/stones. Our entire team can sit at the codex and defend it and one nightblade can come in and turn the flag guaranteed. What's worse is in codex it takes a minute for the flag to turn, so they have a full minute to stealth in, pop immunity, and recap it back. Blizzard fixed this kind of abuse in 2005 before they even released BGs. You guys should have seen this coming, along with 100% damage mitigation ********.
    Hey guy I heard that PvP wasn't even the slightest balanced before BG's came out as well. So maybe you should get back to us when you compare the pvp balance of Rift to WoW's pvp back in 2005. Rather than the OMG FLAG CAP FIX NAO OR I QUIT. They never fixed pvp, and what, 7 years later, it's still crap.

Sez

Dear Trion,

Please make sure Rogues cannot be sneaky, cannot do damage, cannot gank, cannot steal, and cannot be at all effective in any way, shape, or form.

Signed,

Warrior, Cleric, and Mage
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

If it wasnt for the fact that both skills are on a 2 minute cooldown you might be right

Funny thread is funny.

You know, many Riftstalkers do this with Defer Death. Each team has these abilities and other classes have shields too, no? I see this as an invaluable asset to competing a map's objective.

Also there is a simple solution...CC. They may not take dmg, but you can still knockback/fear/etc. As always, IQ>heals/dps/pyro.

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

Champion of Telara

Its not guaraneed they are hoping that people are ignorant and dont know how to stop them. The fact that you know they do this and cant easily stop it shows you have something to learn.

Ok, so why don't you just, I dunno, kill him and take it back? Woop-de-do he stalled you for 12 seconds, meanwhile he's dead. Annoying yes, but hardly game breaking. Kid u just need to l2p

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Dear Trion,

Please make sure all classes and potions do not prevent someone from being interrupted while capping objectives.

Signed,

Paying customers

Flags in codex don't get capped instantly. You need to first tag it, then wait 45 seconds for a complete takeover. Are you telling me it takes you 45 seconds to kill one rogue and cap it back?

Shadowlander

The cap itself in Codex takes quite a few seconds, even if I'm not paying much attention and I see a Rogue start capping I still have time to cast a Fear on him to break it. (Actually it's become the regular reaction, I don't bother trying to damage lone players on caps anymore just in case they've got a shield up.)

If I'm not mistaken, pretty much -every- soul has some sort of CC to use to break the cap, whether it's a stun, fear, knockback, mez etc.. This method doesn't apply well to Black Garden or Whitefall since it's a much shorter time to pick up the fang/stone but that's a different matter, and if you can't kill their flagger then you don't really deserve to win that.

Soulwalker

score is 500 a piece and there's a 7v7 fight at the codex, codex belongs to guardian. there is no possible way a defiant can cap it with all the AoE the guardians are putting out and attacking whoever attempts to cap. The fight is even with a couple people dieing but reinforcements coming from both sides.

Rogue pops his immunity and caps the flag amongst a sea of enemies. flag never gets taken back game win to the defiant for this tactic. Has happened before and will continue to happen.

In black garden the rogues capability of doing this is even more effective if its a healing battle.

l2p? ha k. Wouldn't skilled players be able to ninja cap without a 100% immune to inc. attacks?

Riot shields in counter-strike. Noob tubers in CoD. You got this in rift. Always something, oh well deal with it.

Think pyros are bad, one cant change a tide of a close battle like this. Be happy rogues you are useful for caping.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Dear Trion,

Please make sure Rogues cannot be sneaky, cannot do damage, cannot gank, cannot steal, and cannot be at all effective in any way, shape, or form.

Signed,

Warrior, Cleric, and Mage
    I'd be satisfied with that. Stealth is the worst mechanic ever introduced in a MMORPG. Especially the WoW/Rift variety of invisibility.

Well, nightblade immunities and DR cooldowns are out of control anyway. Why can you get all of this in 1 spec? Why do they not work similarly to bladedancers powerful cooldowns that keep you from using another one for 30 seconds?

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/2098747249/Blackout
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/27288...-Transcendence
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/16874...ilight-Shelter
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/2139333457/Cleanse-Soul
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/1792681436/Side-Steps

Can I be immune to the game 30 seconds out of every 2 minutes too please, while being able to continue attacking? I mean, remember cloak of shadows (cloak of skill) when it was added to WoW? That was such a huge deal and terribly whined about, and Twilight Transcendence is its mirror. Why did they need 3 other buffed up versions of cloak of skill, and a melee version to boot? Let's toss in 5 second silence, blind (sin), stun opener/double cc (sin), and toss in 70% heal debuff with fell blades+anathema just for good measure. Could anything be more faceroll+immunity crutches? I expect once rogues start actually playing their toon rather than crying on the forum about how their ranger can't compete with a pyro, and actually start playing the true godmode pvp spec, nightblade, more people will notice said godmodeness.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm3r View Post
    Ok, so why don't you just, I dunno, kill him and take it back? Woop-de-do he stalled you for 12 seconds, meanwhile he's dead. Annoying yes, but hardly game breaking. Kid u just need to l2p
    Yeah I don't understand. Codex, for example, has a timer, so if a nightblade does that, just kill them and turn it back.

If they grab the fang, kill them and take it back.

I don't believe the nightblade skill set allows them to cap a flag and then defend it for a minute to have it actually change sides.

I also do not believe their skill set allows them to capture the fang and not die once they have it.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast