+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: No Crying about Clerics please.

Rift Disciple

Default No Crying about Clerics please.

Cleric -- Main healing role, consisting of abilities that grant large immunity shields, large heals, long/large HoTs, Plate/Chain wearing class, able to carry a shield -- High Armor Class

This has been pretty much the standard for a cleric since I was playing Everquest in the beginning.

Clerics are tough guys. Even the bad clerics are normally harder to kill. Its the mechanics of the class, period. How do you really expect to be a melee, or even a caster, and faceroll a cleric? They are built to heal raids, Groups, large amounts of people. If /insert random melee/mage Could roflstomp a Cleric in 2 seconds, then Raid End Game content would be non/existent because no would survive.

Oh? 3 of you melee guys beat on a cleric and couldnt kill him in 2 seconds!?! OMG! Hes doing his job, hes not OP, hes just out healing your weak dmg. Again....NOT OP

In PvE, fighting a cleric/healing class is generally pretty simple and straight forward; Cleric casts heals, you interrupt, cleric puts insta-hots, you purge. Fairly easy

In PvP, its much differant. You are not fighting a mindless NPC, and cannot expect to win using the above method, if you can, then that cleric should probably role a differant class.

You are always going to have class's in any mmo, that need tactful strategies in order to win. In this game, Cleric is the hardest. Not even going to go into Pyro, calling them OP is rediculous. Dont stand and let him nuke you, LoS/Purge bye.

Bottom line guys, do not expect to face roll a Cleric, especially if hes a good cleric. Do not expect you and your equally dumb melee friend to faceroll a cleric, especially if hes a good cleric. You cannot roll your face across your keyboard and expect to beat a cleric.

Mana Drains, interrupts, purges, Healing negating spells/abilities to name a fiew. Teamwork, and I wonder how many of you actively playing PvP, actually pay attention to the buffs the people you are fighting have, and know what they do?

Fighting a good cleric will always be a long fight.......Please stop whining

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

1000000 plat says your a pyromancer.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

1000000 plat says your a pyromancer.
    I say a Pyromancer with a friend pocket healer cleric with whom he always queues together

I easily kill Clerics on my Mage (not Pyro), my Warrior (defense spec, which does take time), and my DPS Cleric builds.

People need to quit crying.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I easily kill Clerics on my Mage (not Pyro), my Warrior (defense spec, which does take time), and my DPS Cleric builds.

People need to quit crying.
    rogues need loving, even with well timed stuns / blinds, slip aways to reopen with more stuns during casts, its almost impossible to heavily pressure one and it annoys me.. specially when they jump around spinning taunting with lols while being trained.. grr
    Last edited by Himora; 04-30-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Never been Pyro --

Also never ever get beat in Overall dmg by any Pyro, 99% of good mages do not play Pyro in PvP..or Pve for that matter, Pyro soul is for sillys who are new at mage.

Been using this spec for PvP, and it will never change.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvw0.ecRIkqqek.tzf.E

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    rogues need loving, even with well timed stuns / blinds, slip aways to reopen with more stuns during casts, its almost impossible to heavily pressure one and it annoys me.. specially when they jump around spinning taunting with lols while being trained.. grr
    It is not the fault of the Cleric that Rogues need a buff. It's absolutely absurd people go for nerfs, because thier class needs a buff.

Just this weekend myself, and friends rerolled on Deepstrike, and went out world PvP'n on level 25s, with 2 Warlocks, 1 Cleric, 1 Marksman, and we were downing everyone our level, and occasional 50s who came to help the low levels. At one point, we had 3 level 50s on us, and killed TWO OF THEM before they killed us. Funny thing is, one was a Pyro, and one was a Cleric. So if 4 level 25s can kill them, why can't you?

It's just silly that players refuse to overcome challenges, but instead cry nerf day in, and day out.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-30-2011 at 08:50 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    It is not the fault of the Cleric that Rogues need a buff. It's absolutely absurd people go for nerfs, because thier class needs a buff.

Just this weekend myself, and friends rerolled on Deepstrike, and went out world PvP'n on level 25s, with 2 Warlocks, 1 Cleric, 1 Marksman, and we were downing everyone our level, and occasional 50s who came to help the low levels. At one point, we had 3 level 50s on us, and killed TWO OF THEM before they killed us. Funny thing is, one was a Pyro, and one was a Cleric. So if 4 level 25s can kill them, why can't you?

It's just silly that players refuse to overcome challenges, but instead cry nerf day in, and day out.

In the future if you make up stories, please do so in a manner that is halfway believable so one does not have to quote you and call you out on your bs, thx :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    In the future if you make up stories, please do so in a manner that is halfway believable so one does not have to quote you and call you out on your bs, thx :-)
    They're not made up. The guild we made was Dwarfstrike, and yesterday we were rocking it pretty hard. I wish we had got it on video, and I don't expect the 50s to admit their defeat, but we did kill them. Just because you can't kill them at 50, doesn't mean we didn't. Don't let your failure, disbelieve our success. Hell, WE WERE THERE, and we didn't believe it at first.

Waffles I think is his name has videos of beating 50s at low levels, and you guys made a mountain of excuses for the 50s getting beat.

The reality of it is, bad players never believe the feats GOOD PLAYERS pull off.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-30-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Sure and afterwards I heard Peter Pan came over to congratulate you, sadly after that mummy did wake you up (-:

Sure and afterwards I heard Peter Pan came over to congratulate you, sadly after that mummy did wake you up (-:
    No skin off my back that you don't believe me. The only thing that matters is you will never hear me cry nerf, ever. In 19 years of gaming, I never have.

That alone speaks volumes of the kind of player I am.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-30-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Topeka Photography

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alysinchains View Post
    Fighting a good cleric will always be a long fight.......Please stop whining

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone
    That "Fight" should consist of you doing damage while that cleric is doing only one thing.

Healing/Protting/Keeping **** alive.

That cleric should NOT be killing you while he's blue named.

Dominmatrix
    50 Mage <P4>
    Ashstone

Tired of going to codex or some **** and getting killed by a healer.

It's a little ******** to do damage and high heals even if the damage is low.

Chloro works and he's nothing like a cleric why?

His heals are very low, he can spam all his heals on one target while it is being targeted and will NOT keep it alive.

That's the difference.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-30-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Shield of Telara

Bottom line is this, you have what a 10% chance of even hitting a level 50 at 25?
    And at 25 you have what? maybe 2k hp or somesuch?

A pyro can crit you for that with one shot. A cleric can heal all your 500 dmg spells with his hots alone easily.

So
    a) the pyro did not target you and you had a few lvl 50s of your own somewhere who actually did the killing and mitigating the damage and the cleric was afk (or ccd from other lvl 50s)
    b) story never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    That "Fight" should consist of you doing damage while that cleric is doing only one thing.

Healing/Protting/Keeping **** alive.

That cleric should NOT be killing you while he's blue named.
    lol.. A Cleric could NEVER do enough damage to kill a Warlock even now. I don't know why you think a Cleric should only be able to heal, until he is out of power, and then become a free kill.

/sigh

Topeka Photography

Bottom line is this, you have what a 10% chance of even hitting a level 50 at 25?
    And at 25 you have what? maybe 2k hp or somesuch?

A pyro can crit you for that with one shot. A cleric can heal all your 500 dmg spells with his hots alone easily.

So
    a) the pyro did not target you and you had a few lvl 50s of your own somewhere who actually did the killing and mitigating the damage and the cleric was afk (or ccd from other lvl 50s)
    b) story never happened
    You're wrong about the hit chance in open world PvP dud, yes dud, not dude. We thought the same thing until we unloaded on him, hell my fear stuck on him every time I chose to cast it.

The ending fight had for them (3) 50s, a 30, a 27, and 2 level 26s, we ended up having 1 50, and 1 30 eventually. The last fight we helped drop all three 50s, I died of course, so did our Cleric, and by the time we came back, our side won.

Prior to that we killed the 50 Pyro while he was solo, he brought a friend, and we killed both of them, two of us died, and they brought a 3rd 50 so we called for 50s to help us, and one came.

THERE ARE TONS OF WAYS TO NEGATE A PYROS DAMAGE.

Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast