+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, Clerics said we have to CC them, NOT beat them down...

Shadowlander

Default So, Clerics said we have to CC them, NOT beat them down...

I'm confused.

Before, Clerics were all saying, "You can't beat Clerics down, that is like using hammer to screw. It's not the right way to do it. You have to stun, silence, interrupt, us. Stop being bad, L2P, etc."

Now you can only be CC'ed twice before you're immune to that type of control. We're not talking about snares here, we're talking about stuns, fears, and silences, in the case of a Cleric. So now what are we supposed to do to stop the enormous wave of healing that Clerics can put out? Clerics told us that we have to CC them and coordinate (because all classes should have to require 2-3 people coordinating interrupts/cc on one person to beat them, right?) with their team to kill them.

Yet now that is useless. If you can't burst them down in the short initial CC duration THROUGH their teams healing and their own defenses, that's it - you're done. May as well switch targets, cause without being able to CC them after that, they're going to out-heal your DPS if they're good.

What do we do now?

It's already bad enough for Assassins, for example. Open with stun to prevent them from shielding and healing, follow up with Foul Play or something to that effect to keep them from recovering, and hope to god that someone comes by to help you finish off that last 1/3 of their health because it's unlikely you're gonna do it on your own. Now you willl have less time to do that in. Even with Fell Blades you're going to be S-O-L after 1.2 changes.

Discuss.

PS - My first character and my main is a Cleric. Primarily a Sent/Warden build in PvP. I prefer melee such as Justicar, but I feel like I contribute more as a pure healer in the WFs. I love my Cleric, however I love PvP balance more. I think that Clerics and the healing meta are going to be 100% more poisonous to PvP than before.
    Last edited by SabbathViper; 04-29-2011 at 11:38 AM.

lol this is true, there are two ways to kill a cleric before :

1- focus target and kill him (however the cleric had very strong damage reduction from pvp tree).

2- Silence, Stun the cleric and kill him.

or just chain CC the cleric while u kill his team.

after 1.2:

1- Focus target and kill him is ur only option. (will be easier than before because of the nerf to pvp tree which i predict no one will use.)

2- a lucky shot or very skilled player may be able to finish a cleric with 2 CC's, if not, back to option one.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by SabbathViper View Post
    I'm confused.

Before, Clerics were all saying, "You can't beat Clerics down, that is like using hammer to screw. It's not the right way to do it. You have to stun, silence, interrupt, us. Stop being bad, L2P, etc."

Now you can only be CC'ed twice before you're immune to that type of control. We're not talking about snares here, we're talking about stuns, fears, and silences, in the case of a Cleric. So now what are we supposed to do to stop the enormous wave of healing that Clerics can put out? Clerics told us that we have to CC them and coordinate (because all classes should have to require 2-3 people coordinating interrupts/cc on one person to beat them, right?) with their team to kill them.

Yet now that is useless. If you can't burst them down in the short initial CC duration THROUGH their teams healing and their own defenses, that's it - you're done. May as well switch targets, cause without being able to CC them after that, they're going to out-heal your DPS if they're good.

What do we do now?

It's already bad enough for Assassins, for example. Open with stun to prevent them from shielding and healing, follow up with Foul Play or something to that effect to keep them from recovering, and hope to god that someone comes by to help you finish off that last 1/3 of their health because it's unlikely you're gonna do it on your own. Now you willl have less time to do that in. Even with Fell Blades you're going to be S-O-L after 1.2 changes.

Discuss.

PS - My first character and my main is a Cleric. Primarily a Sent/Warden build in PvP. I prefer melee such as Justicar, but I feel like I contribute more as a pure healer in the WFs. I love my Cleric, however I love PvP balance more. I think that Clerics and the healing meta are going to be 100% more poisonous to PvP than before.

What you do is load up the most people playing the class that can kill every non-cleric / non-mirror in a matter of seconds, supplement them with 2 or 3 clerics of your own and meet at mid field and do aoe spam. It is what the "pvp'ers" are saying will make a good game, and I can only hope trion is trying to prove them wrong.

But seriously, you have to pressure the cleric's decision making with damage on people forcing the cleric to use cool downs and big heals to respond, and try to stay ahead of the cleric with switches forcing him into more big heals and cool downs, until his decision making breaks down or he runs out of mana. CC is simply a way to harass the cleric's decision making (do i trinket this CC or eat it and trinket the follow up etc.) Unfortunatly Trion is taking this mechanic out of game play, and thus, support classes out of pvp.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-29-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Master

I'm confused.

Well clerics just got a 20% damage mitigation nerf, so that'll help.

That being said..stop trying to kill the "tank" (the cleric). Go kill his team. Spec for healing reduction and watch as he winds up his big long 3 second heals just to watch them die anyway. Hows 500 hps going to match up against 2000 dps? I've seen guys die in 5 seconds WITH every hot I have spammed on them, just put orbs on him, deluge, and he only has 2 people beating on him. Because all my heals were hitting for 1/2 as much. You waste a GCD to try and cleanse it? Grats, it's gone after 2 casts, but now he's dead because he got no heals in the meantime. I've seen a lot of people speccing for healing reduction, and it is working. Problem is, I feel like I am doing jack in the WF now. "Thanks for the heals" "Sorry, I healed you 3x, but each one hit for 300, 500, 600 because both the rogue and warrior had reduction on you."

Sez

Discuss.
    Time out!

Derail!

Why are people still saying "Discuss" in a forum?

What other option do we have? I can't reach into my computer and punch you, or I already would have.

Forum = Discussion = You don't have to say Discuss!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Time out!

Derail!

What other option do we have? I can't reach into my computer and punch you, or I already would have.

It's funny, because I'd most definitely beat the living crap out of you IRL. Only a nerd in the truest sense of the word would take the time to nitpick someone saying "discuss" on a forum post.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-30-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: rude

Prophet of Telara

Clerics are being nerfed so this topic is useless ^^

Plane Touched

seems like there is only one option left for you all...

BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW MIGHTY CLERIC OVERLORDS!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    seems like there is only one option left for you all...

BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW MIGHTY CLERIC OVERLORDS!
    I wouldn't call them the "new" Overlords. Healing has been the dominant factor in PvP for a while now. All PvP Rogue builds are centered around obtaining healing debuffs; MMs who spam AoE for it, assassins who are more NB than SIN for need of it, etc.

Soulwalker

here's an idea. Roll Mage, WTF pwn clerics 2 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Time out!

Derail!

It's obvious- it's not so much instructional as it is the OP begging you to keep bumping their stupid, whiny thread. The other option is letting the thread die and be buried off of page one.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    The other option is letting the thread die and be buried off of page one.
    In your dreams cleric, in your dreams.

Bump!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    It's obvious- it's not so much instructional as it is the OP begging you to keep bumping their stupid, whiny thread. The other option is letting the thread die and be buried off of page one.
    Translation: "Hi, my name is Cleric. Please don't draw attention to how imbalanced this change to CC will make our class. I am cracking my knuckles and getting ready to be unstoppable in WFs, because after two CCs I'll be immune to any further attempts to stop me from healing for green numbers over one or two thousand throughout an extended battle. We can already do it, but this will make it so easy a caveman (or Villaintine) could do it."
    Last edited by SabbathViper; 04-29-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Telaran

You can try to drain their mana until this is considered unfair and they get immune to it after 2 drains.
    I wonder if one can notice that something might be wrong when ppl are giving advices like "Kill the paladin first, then the healer".

Canīt remember a game where you would not get trouble from your grp in PvP if you suggest such a thing.

As a rogue I don't have an issue with clerics having mass heals. They should be hard to kill. I have an issue with them doing more damage than some DPS classes and being able to heal well at the same time.

Is that the fault of clerics? No. Take every advantage you can. The root of the issue comes down to no restrictions on soul combination's. If you take a bit of damage mix it with a bit of tank and add in a lot of healing you can have a really hard class to take down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast