+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: 1.2 snaring winners and losers

  1. #1
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default 1.2 snaring winners and losers

    With the latest changes in snare immunity/DR, here's my take on the winners and losers

    Biggest Winner
    Marksman!
    My main is a marksman so can't say that 30sec immunity to snares makes me sad. MM kiting will be much more effective. To all marksman, kill mages first and kite the rest until you feel like dealing with those melee pests.

    Losers
    Stormcaller
    While I only have a level 25 mage, Stormcaller struck me as another kiting class so I immediately liked it. Difference is that Stormcaller relies on slowing the enemy whereas MM rely on boosting personal speed. One stormcaller will build up your team's snare immunity quite nicely. A shame, I really like Stormcallers except when they AOE me to death.

    Riftblades
    I know very little about riftblades, but it seems like this is the class that gave me the most trouble while playing my MM. Chain snares & gap closers being the main reason.

    Shaman
    Oh, don't even think about using your snare. Pick the damage buff instead. If you do use the snare, you will give immunity to all of your opponents in short order. Then when you really need to snare someone, flag carrier for example, no one on your team can do it.

    That's a start. Add your own.

  2. #2
    Ascendant empyrean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Speaking as a Riftblade - screwed against melee big time. Champs already eat me up unless I am smart in how I line up my spells.

    With the change to Stonespear (break on damage) I was already worried as we're super-fragile in melee range so with the Stonespear nerf, we wouldn't be able to range damage melee characters like Champs.

    With this change, I won't be able to fight and win versus a Champion unless I outgear him. At the very best, I will kill him but I will go down as well. Probably true for me versus rogues, too.

    Against casters - should be pretty much the same. Just have to really hope for big, plentiful crits to burst them down in the silence<--->Rift Surge window.

    PS. Dominators are pretty much done for.
    Last edited by empyrean; 04-29-2011 at 05:35 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Just want to add that I think the snare immunity/DR should be put on hold and see how the 5sec break free immunity works out first.

  4. #4
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Well the winners are melee classes, and the losers are casters.
    When both are running, the melee class can keep attacking, but the caster can't (or is very limited... if the caster is the one being chased, he doesn't face his target, so he can't cast at all, not even instants).
    I'm so BORED

  5. #5
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Well the winners are melee classes, and the losers are casters.
    When both are running, the melee class can keep attacking, but the caster can't (or is very limited... if the caster is the one being chased, he doesn't face his target, so he can't cast at all, not even instants).
    I see melee players say the exact opposite.

  6. #6
    Ascendant empyrean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I see melee players say the exact opposite.
    He's right in his own way but take what he says with a grain of salt. Kiting is nerfed severely which sucks for ranged classes, but chasing is also nerfed which sucks for melee classes.

    I would say that casters are worse off.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    622

    Default

    You forgot dominators soul. They are all about cc. What are they going to do?

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    You forgot dominators soul. They are all about cc. What are they going to do?
    Maybe you should let them handle the CC instead of EVERYONE ELSE

  9. #9
    Ascendant phoenixfire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Maybe you should let them handle the CC instead of EVERYONE ELSE
    you should perhaps think before you post. cc is attached, for example, to many stormcaller attacks, with no way around using it unless you take 80% of your skills off your bar. get a clue champion.

  10. #10
    Ascendant empyrean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Maybe you should let them handle the CC instead of EVERYONE ELSE
    How the hell you gonna do that in a pug?
    How the hell do you keep track of if the dominator (or the two of them or the ten of them) is alive or not in Port Scion and on the bridge with you when there are 30 other people there?

    Think before you type please.

  11. #11
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Biggest loser is bard, they have one mechanic for survival, mez, which was already pressed by DR given its break on damage nature. Mez is being removed from the game in group setting basically, and bard is clearly free favor. One anything will get the kill, more than one anything will get the kill Right Now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  12. #12
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    With the latest changes in snare immunity/DR, here's my take on the winners and losers

    Biggest Winner
    Marksman!
    My main is a marksman so can't say that 30sec immunity to snares makes me sad. MM kiting will be much more effective. To all marksman, kill mages first and kite the rest until you feel like dealing with those melee pests.

    Losers
    Stormcaller
    While I only have a level 25 mage, Stormcaller struck me as another kiting class so I immediately liked it. Difference is that Stormcaller relies on slowing the enemy whereas MM rely on boosting personal speed. One stormcaller will build up your team's snare immunity quite nicely. A shame, I really like Stormcallers except when they AOE me to death.

    Riftblades
    I know very little about riftblades, but it seems like this is the class that gave me the most trouble while playing my MM. Chain snares & gap closers being the main reason.

    Shaman
    Oh, don't even think about using your snare. Pick the damage buff instead. If you do use the snare, you will give immunity to all of your opponents in short order. Then when you really need to snare someone, flag carrier for example, no one on your team can do it.

    That's a start. Add your own.
    Yeah, the shaman buff is pretty worthless now. Which sucks because they have no stuns, roots, and their charge is only every 15 seconds (and the only way they can get out of roots/snares themselves).

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    what about cabalist?
    1-2 sigil+tyrranies and suddenly all your enemies are immune to everything. /lesigh
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

  14. #14
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I see melee players say the exact opposite.
    It probably evens out.

    There is WAY too much snaring in this game, as-is...hell, even every other NPC seems to have a perma-snare.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    what about cabalist?
    1-2 sigil+tyrranies and suddenly all your enemies are immune to everything. /lesigh
    Yup. I didn't mention cabalist 'cause the thread is mostly about snares. But when I play my cabalist, I will not be using silence, stun, or snare. Only reason to do that would be to grief your own team.

    I hope the other sigil cooldowns will be adjusted to compensate. Presently, I think only the snare has no CD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts