+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @ the pro-premade crowd

Default @ the pro-premade crowd

hypothetical question.

If Trion announced that, starting tomorrow, there will be separate queues for solo and premade....would you still queue your premades?

developing this question further:

If you knew for certain that you wont find pugs to stomp for easy wins nearly all the time, but instead you will be figthing other premades, with guaranteed chances of finding oftenly real challenging teams of high level players, in great gear, with a PvP-driven , competition-driven mindset, coordinating in vent...woud you still queue as premade because "you like playing with your friends, thats all"?

or suddenly making premades and playing with friends wouldnt be so hot?
    would you tell your friends "go f*** yourself, Im queing solo"?

be honest

Its glaringly obvious why people are concerned about the queue times. because its a FACT, 99% of the current premades would vanish in thin air if this happened.

see? this is the reason why premades and solos must be separated. because 99% of the premades out there are made simply to pugstomp, but not even those in premades want to fight other premades.
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-28-2011 at 07:19 AM.

No 90% of them woudn't, most just want to stroke their e-peen stomping pugs, once they fight a challenge they either all vanish or quit.

every game has them, daoc had plenty OMG 8V8 WTF WE GOT STOMPED OK GUYS BYE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT GAME LAWLS
    Well hello there~

Most premades dont want a challenge, thats the whole point, and anyone who tells you different is already fully geared out in pvp epics and has just become bored.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    hypothetical question.

If Trion announced that, starting tomorrow, there will be separate queues for solo and premade....would you still queue your premades?

developing this question further:

If you knew for certain that you wont find pugs to stomp for easy wins nearly all the time, but instead you will be figthing other premades, with guaranteed chances of finding oftenly real challenging teams of high level players, in great gear, with a PvP-driven , competition-driven mindset, coordinating in vent...woud you still queue as premade because "you like playing with your friends, thats all"?

or suddenly making premades and playing with friends wouldnt be so hot?
    would you tell your friends "go f*** yourself, Im queing solo"?

be honest

Its glaringly obvious why people are concerned about the queue times. because its a FACT, 99% of the current premades would vanish in thin air if this happened.

see? this is the reason why premades and solos must be separated. because 99% of the premades out there are made simply to pugstomp, but not even those in premades want to fight other premades.
    Won't change how my guild & I queue up im all for premade vs premade. 95% of my guild is from Shadowbane or Darkfall or UO ect.. where you actually pvped as a guild not some solo pker saying omfg we pwned joo!

I would rather have a challenge in PVP than fighting a ******ed kid I kill 2 million times.
    Last edited by Playdohz; 04-28-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Game History: Diablo, Ultima Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, Age of Conan, ShadowBane, Darkfall Online, Rift

Playdohz[UDA]
    RevAcid[UDA]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Most premades dont want a challenge, thats the whole point, and anyone who tells you different is already fully geared out in pvp epics and has just become bored.
    You sir.. do not speak for anyone. I can list over 90+ members that want an actual challenge in PVP.. honestly how you come up with this is completely amazing.
    Game History: Diablo, Ultima Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, Age of Conan, ShadowBane, Darkfall Online, Rift

Playdohz[UDA]
    RevAcid[UDA]

As a generally solo player, I don't think I would like this change if it went all the way through. It really depends how we define premade. Me and a friend or two are not really going to make or break most PUG-games and I would hardly say we are a full-on premade. Obviously depending on the warfront, I guess. If we were in a 5v5 Black Garden, you might as well call us a premade. But in a 20v20 Port? Not really going to be a major factor.

I would much prefer to have a challenge which is why I advocate ranked play but that's another topic of discussion. My main concern are the queue times, here on my cluster I've been sitting in a queue for 12 minutes. This is pretty normal all throughout the day whether or not I'm in line at peak play time or not.

To that end, why are server clustered in fours? There are close to sixty US shards. There may be more but that's not the point: fact of the matter is there aren't enough players to warrant such sparsity. If it were guaranteed that my premades were given warfronts hell yeah.

Ascendant

This is easy....

1. Yes if there are premades queuing that you can fight against and the wait is short.

2. No, if you have to wait 30 minutes to get a WF.
    Irony - Pathiss

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    You obviously feel that way, but that doesnt mean everyone else does.

This is such a dumb topic. Does it really make you all feel better thinking that people run in premades because they want PvP to be easy?

Either find a group to be competitive with or accept that when you solo queue there is a chance you will get smoked by whatever group you get hooked up with.

I think people would queue exactly the same way they are now, until queue times start getting really long then they might decide to solo queue. I dont think it would have anything to do with people being scared of losing. If you think people act this way it might be telling.

Prophet of Telara

This is a dumb topic...sure, everyone will say they want the challenge but just look at WoW if you want your answer. Remember all the scouting that took place? Rift players aren't any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdohz View Post
    You sir.. do not speak for anyone. I can list over 90+ members that want an actual challenge in PVP.. honestly how you come up with this is completely amazing.
    Nothing amazing about it, people pull random numbers out of their arse on a regular basis on these forums, you should be used to it by now.

In response to OP:

I personaly would be still queueing up for both premade and pug. Would have to actualy work to win with the premade in that case which should be some good fights in there.

Next on the agenda if this was announced would be to start allowing raid queue's so we could get some good guild vs guild action goin as well.

People with a mentality like yours just show they have never been a part of a dedicated premade team. Just because YOU and YOUR friends couldn't hack a competitive environment dosen't mean everyone would run away crying and whining like you just because they actualy ran into some real competition and lost. Most would continue to adapt tactics, gear up/differently, rearrange the group comp and keep practicing.

Think it's clear what you would do with your premade (assuming you even have one, and not just a pug that might use vent)

Cheers.

Plenty of people would like a challenge and would welcome premade vs premade fights in some way. But then their are lots who just want an easy fight where they can steamroll their way to Rank 6.

I do sympathise with those who are stuck in groups that seem to have premades all day and night, it can get tedious. I would love to fight in premade vs premade my only problem is finding a guild that is mainly focused on pvp and speaks English on ts3/vent etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    This is a dumb topic...sure, everyone will say they want the challenge but just look at WoW if you want your answer. Remember all the scouting that took place? Rift players aren't any different.
    If I understand how you mean scouting, that it the nature of competitive gameplay, people will seek out the biggest/brightest/best in all aspects in order to excell, that's how it goes, people who have played competitively know this. Hell this even happens in bowling league's, you see it daily (if you have a competitive team based work environment) at offices and in many career choices outside sports related activities as well.

If you mean that scrub crap that took place where a premade would go and que up for a BG with his buddies, have one person go in and see if they could pick people out who were high ranking and such, then leave the BG and have the rest of their team drop the queue, that's fine, there is a nice hefty leaver penalty in place, and these people can go sit in the corner with their dunce cap on, pretending to be a good premade when they finaly roll some fresh group of 50's that just started.

Which by the way, the second form of scouting there, that aint so easy to pull off with no listed rankings or armory to go look at to gear check your opponents, so they would spend 90% of their time online looking for an easy win, and spend the rest crying cause they can't get one, suits me fine, do it right or don't do it.

Cheers.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Novantco View Post
    Plenty of people would like a challenge and would welcome premade vs premade fights in some way. But then their are lots who just want an easy fight where they can steamroll their way to Rank 6.

I do sympathise with those who are stuck in groups that seem to have premades all day and night, it can get tedious. I would love to fight in premade vs premade my only problem is finding a guild that is mainly focused on pvp and speaks English on ts3/vent etc.
    I would just like to fight some different premades from time to time. I don't think there's 50 pvpers in the Sunrest, Faeblight, Lotham battlegroup.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    I agree with this. No one is going to admit they don't like a challenge. The only thing people are going to say is they don't want longer queues and they are from "xxx" game so they are hardcore and want to compete against other hardcore players.

This game just like WoW in that everything is fueled by greed, whether it is PvP or PvE. It is fun getting your next piece of armor. People want to grind it out as fast as possible, which leads to premades. If the majority of the population could avoid other competitive players and farm easy favor they would. It's basically whatever you can do to get top rank first.

If someone is maxed out and has everything they want item wise, then they want competition so they can show the rest how good they are.

If you separated the queues so there was solo vs solo queues and group vs group the number of group queues would decline. There is no doubt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast