+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.2 Favor and regarding "end PvP gear"

Default 1.2 Favor and regarding "end PvP gear"

Ive read the latest 1.2 patch notes and another thread regarding the cost of purchasing end gear. If the poster was right, this means you will be spending nearly 900.000 to 1mill favor in buying p5 and 6 gear. My point as a new player, wouldn't it be better to just save the favor, avoid buying to many p2 3 4 items (just the needy, such as weapon) and save the favor till you're p5 or 6. Yes there is a cap, but this cap is high enough not to make to much of a difference during your way up to these ranks. I just dont see the point in having a different gear at p2 3 4 at "high" costs, leaving you left out to grind even more for favor in order to buy the later gear. It's problably meant to make the path to p5 n p6 more fun and meaningfull, but doesnt it also lead to more grinding?
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

I always buy the gear as a rank up, and this is my reason why....

Valor!

I took my sweet time to 50 and barely touched warfronts until then, and as my, i suppose "punishment" a lot of the groups im against are stocked full of valor and are far up in their pvp souls, so i cant touch them, but they can eat through me.

So i thought "yea, well, its a bit pricey to get the gear now, but in the long run, i'll be more helpful instead of stockpiling it for the higher rank things"
    Last edited by Knuffelbuffel; 04-28-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbuffel View Post
    I always buy the gear as a rank up, and this is my reason why....

Valor!

I took my sweet time to 50 and barely touched warfronts until then, and as my, i suppose "punishment" a lot of the groups im against are stocked full of valor and are far up in their pvp souls, so i cant touch them, but they can eat through me.

So i thought "yea, well, its a bit pricey to get the gear now, but in the long run, i'll be more helpful instead of stockpiling it for the higher rank things"
    This !

i did the same buyed all geared according i was ranking up, in fact at ran 4 i had all pvp gear that i could use.
    The reason as u stated and correctly is the valour , altough many ppl just ignore it its the most valuable stat u can get in PvP.
    PvP is all about staying alive most time as posible imo.
    Well now i am Rank 6 and i dont have all parts of lvl 5 and 6 but the progression is steady and i dont regret of spending points on the other parts.
    The ppl that just save favor to higher rank pieces such r5 and 6 will lose much more matches due gear issues (sad bad true) and eventually will get frustated with the game becouse of this and quit.

but anyway each one is free to do what he wants its different mentallitys and playstyles.
    Healing your Defiant *** in wf

Gox
    Champion

lol pvp pre-rank 6 is all about just being kinda at your computer and getting in games nothing else is required of you... Post R6 its epeen time?

A healer can keep someone in full pve gear up just fine(matches are won/lost due to class makeup and players not gear so if you think you are helping your team being in 1.1 craptastic pre rank 6 gear over pve gear then uhm... ok).. In 1.2 valor will be usefullish esp at R6 but unless you enjoy running 5000 warfronts just buy r6/r5 gear when you are capped.
    Last edited by Gox; 04-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gox View Post
    lol pvp pre-rank 6 is all about just being kinda at your computer and getting in games nothing else is required of you... Post R6 its epeen time?

A healer can keep someone in full pve gear up just fine(matches are won/lost due to class makeup and players not gear so if you think you are helping your team being in 1.1 craptastic pre rank 6 gear over pve gear then uhm... ok).. In 1.2 valor will be usefullish esp at R6 but unless you enjoy running 5000 warfronts just buy r6/r5 gear when you are capped.

like i said its differents way of making ur progression, for example ppl that dont make instances this is the best way to gear up
    Healing your Defiant *** in wf

Quote Originally Posted by iLusionista View Post
    like i said its differents way of making ur progression, for example ppl that dont make instances this is the best way to gear up
    Actually, thats a good point as well, as (according to what i read) the PvP gear will be more comparable to the t1/t2 gear in the upcoming patch.

And frankly, i really couldn't care how many runs it will take me to afford the 5/6 gear, because i enjoy warfronts, and this favor business is just an added bonus in my opinion :P

5 or 5000 runs, it doesn't matter, i don't plan on quitting this game anytime soon, so whats the rush? :P

+ Reply to Thread