Thread: SP vs AP not normalized at ALL weapons

Lightbulb SP vs AP not normalized at ALL weapons

Easy example, PvP R5 weapons on live:
    Onehand Cleric Mace have 214 SP
    Onehand Warrior Sword have 11 AP
    http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8809/weaponsf.jpg

At twohanded same situation - ~500SP vs ~30AP

Why numbers so diffirent?

Because Trion doesn't play AP classes. They are under the assumption that AP is an amazing stat. Ever notice item points are distributed with Crit being worth half what AP is worth. Somehow, they think AP is useful.

500 SP for a Mage is a very similar damage increase to how 500 AP would be to a Warrior.

Rift Disciple

Because you also have weapon damage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrina View Post
    somehow they dont understand this.

Thumbs down

This thread is bad, and you should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrina View Post
    Just so you know, going from a 28 dps weapon to a 43 dps weapon is a 7% damage increase for a Warrior.

How much does your DPS go up when you go from a 250 SP weapon to a 550 SP weapon? Bet you it is slightly higher than 7%.

Now add all of the other places you get SP from, and guess why a Mage with 1300 SP is doing 25% more damage than a Warrior with 500 AP.

Rift Disciple

I would like to see these numbers you are referring to. You also act like non magical classes cant add attack power to their items.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Just so you know, going from a 28 dps weapon to a 43 dps weapon is a 7% damage increase for a Warrior.

How much does your DPS go up when you go from a 250 SP weapon to a 550 SP weapon? Bet you it is slightly higher than 7%.

Now add all of the other places you get SP from, and guess why a Mage with 1300 SP is doing 25% more damage than a Warrior with 500 AP.
    LOL........... lies, I have seen my friends damage go up from 1200 on hit to 1800+ when going up only 8 weapon dps on similar swing speed 2 handers. Thats a little over 30% with only a marginal upgrade, blue to purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    somehow they dont understand this.
    yup, forgot about DPS.
    anyway SP better then AP

Uh weapon DPS is by far the biggest factor in warrior/rogue overall damage output, there is absolutely no way you only go up 7% DPS when upgrading from 28 to 43 weapon DPS.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

The amount of spin doctors is amazing. I think I know where nancy grace could find a new pool of employees for her propaganda teams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaixen View Post
    LOL........... lies, I have seen my friends damage go up from 1200 on hit to 1800+ when going up only 8 weapon dps on similar swing speed 2 handers. Thats a little over 30% with only a marginal upgrade, blue to purple.
    Bull ****.

Just thought about an easy way to prove to Casters how bad of a comparison AP and SP are to each other, and how saying Weapon Damage makes up for this at all.

If someone can do this before me. Log on as a Warrior with a nice high end epic and hit the target dummy until you crit. Then buy the 3 dps weapon off the vendor near the dummies and hit the target again until you crit with the same attack. Post those two numbers here.

For even more fun, do this naked with a 3 dps weapon and see how much all that epic gear is doing for you.

If all of these casters are right, and going from a 30-38 dps weapon is a 50% damage increase, then a 3-43 difference should be nearly 3000% more damage on that crit. But you will only notice a 100% damage increase, which includes gaining ~40 ap.

Weapon damage + AP does not scale anywhere near as well as Spell Power, which is why you are seeing Mages going from decent dps when they reach level 50 to being untouchable after getting the right gear.

Maybe go test before u bs?

I just did test and just with 3.5 dps increasy my damage went up for 6.18%.

200 sp increase damage went up for 13%, but 200 sp thats like comparing lv20 weapon with lv50 lol
    and if u want so then lv20 weapon to lv50 is what ~20dps increase and thats will be 50% dmg increase while sp just gives 13%.
    Last edited by Acex; 04-26-2011 at 10:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast