+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please fix these warfronts

Shadowlander

Default Please fix these warfronts

1. Why is Port Scion so bad? It seems like they randomly slapped some ideas together. Why can't it be more of an objective / zone control warfront? If you hold a point mobs are sent in waves towards the enemy. If you hold too many objectives the mobs would be so hard for the enemy to advance and stop the waves, ultimately leading to the commander getting swarmed. As it is now the greatest favor is found just fighting over the stupid bridge. Those actually trying to do the objectives get very little favor.

2. Why is Black Garden such a mess? Make the shard spawn in 3 random locations instead of 1 so the map is played more and strategy more important.

3. Why can't the respawn point in Whitefall Steppes be moved? The issue is that if you're advancing into the enemies base and kill a couple enemies, by the time you make it to the shard those enemies you just killed are respawned and are now defenders. I suggest that the respawn point be placed further away or have those who respawn have to fight some NPCs to get out of the Jail. (make dying more like being captured) Although, moving the respawn further away is a much easier fix.

4. Codex is fine to me. Good job on this one.
    Husbojen
    Level 50 - Cleric of Stonecrest

Shadowlander

I agree 100%
    Husbojen
    Level 50 - Cleric of Stonecrest

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by emspirit View Post
    1. Why is Port Scion so bad? It seems like they randomly slapped some ideas together. Why can't it be more of an objective / zone control warfront? If you hold a point mobs are sent in waves towards the enemy. If you hold too many objectives the mobs would be so hard for the enemy to advance and stop the waves, ultimately leading to the commander getting swarmed. As it is now the greatest favor is found just fighting over the stupid bridge. Those actually trying to do the objectives get very little favor.

2. Why is Black Garden such a mess? Make the shard spawn in 3 random locations instead of 1 so the map is played more and strategy more important.

3. Why can't the respawn point in Whitefall Steppes be moved? The issue is that if you're advancing into the enemies base and kill a couple enemies, by the time you make it to the shard those enemies you just killed are respawned and are now defenders. I suggest that the respawn point be placed further away or have those who respawn have to fight some NPCs to get out of the Jail. (make dying more like being captured) Although, moving the respawn further away is a much easier fix.

4. Codex is fine to me. Good job on this one.
    Codex is my fav as well. The other zones are HUGE, for no reason. BG...it's like you are all fighting in a tiny room, and 90% of the zone goes unused. Also horrible for LOS...you think you have LOS on a person, but no...that little squiggle thing that you can see through counts as blocking LOS.

Scion..big mess. 90% of the population of the zone is in 2 spots..church or bridge. It just doesn't feel "epic". It also caters exclusively to AOE classes. I feel bad for any melee in this zone.

Steppes...another zone that is WAY too big. It's like a 3 mile run across this zone just to get to the objective and get insta-gibbed by 3 stealth. Honestly, after I respawn I just want to sit in our base and take it easy as I just ran across the map 3 times. I spend 50% of my time in the BG just traveling by mount. And you have to really feel for the people with slow mounts! I like the random spawn idea.

Champion of Telara

I've written a few posts on some changes that could make port scion very enjoyable, it is quite a mess, my threads got no attention just like the warfront, sadly.

+ Reply to Thread