+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: Anyone else getting rofl stomped by premades?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Anyone else getting rofl stomped by premades?

    Ive been 50 for about two weeks now, started the game with a couple of guildies when we came from WoW. I grinded to 50 before them, and haven't been able to advance through PvE content yet as they are still levelling. So Ive been PvPing, by myself, and every Warfront I get into I see the same Defiant, from the same server, every time, all night.

    I think its awfully annoying that the shard groups are so small that I see this same premade group every day and get beaten by them every time. Im on Arcanis, a PvE shard. I think its awfully gamebreaking for me to run into the same premade group every warfront every day.

    It slows by PvP 'grind' by a huge amount, and it is rather gamebreaking for me. Before you say 'Go make your own premade', my server is small, activities are kept in guilds, and there are rarely any PuGs. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I dont expect to go into a Warfront and be a roflstomping demigod, but i at least want to gain prestige just as quick as anyone else, and maybe win for once.

  2. #2
    General of Telara Tugrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    905

    Default

    I'm so bad I get rofl stomped by pugs.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

    What you did there, I see it.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I have the same problem. I think the issue would be easily fixed by building separate queues for pre-mades and merging a couple low-pop clusters together.

    The first might happen given the amount of negative feedback there is concerning pre-made vs. pug, but it's unlikely that the higher-ups will allow the second suggestion. It makes it look as if the game is dying.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuts View Post
    I have the same problem. I think the issue would be easily fixed by building separate queues for pre-mades and merging a couple low-pop clusters together.

    The first might happen given the amount of negative feedback there is concerning pre-made vs. pug, but it's unlikely that the higher-ups will allow the second suggestion. It makes it look as if the game is dying.
    I was thinking more along the lines of merging certain High-pop and Low-pop shards together. Maybe even keep PvE shards and PvP shards in different groups if there is a big enough playerbase to sustain a small que time.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    As I said, the problem with this is that it's virtually guaranteed to negatively affect stock prices. Big no-no.

  6. #6
    Telaran Tarvold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekkris View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of merging certain High-pop and Low-pop shards together. Maybe even keep PvE shards and PvP shards in different groups if there is a big enough playerbase to sustain a small que time.
    Yeah pugs are worse enought because well..they are pugs then getting put vs premade. I dont care if its only 5 for premade its still a premade. I think it is the worst now because new game and everyone wants to farm for gear/rep. I also had this problem in WoW they got rid of premades for awhile then brought it back and it was a joke. Please trion seperate them.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvold View Post
    Yeah pugs are worse enought because well..they are pugs then getting put vs premade. I dont care if its only 5 for premade its still a premade. I think it is the worst now because new game and everyone wants to farm for gear/rep. I also had this problem in WoW they got rid of premades for awhile then brought it back and it was a joke. Please trion seperate them.
    This, 100%. Something needs to be done to make it more balanced, Right now alot of players who PuG alot dont have squat on a premade, and it is rather silly. Im used to more organised teams beating me, but it would be nice to verse another PuG, instead of the same Premade that farms me every day.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    I fail to see why this is a problem. Teamwork, cohesion, and coordination is ALWAYS going to win out of those who lack it.

    So your situation is unfortunate. Whining about it solves nothing. Make friends and join thier premades or get off your arse and form your own.

    Edit: I dont see why premades shouldnt be thrown into warfronts with other premades -when possible-, but I dont see why premades should be forced to wait longer for queues because other people are less organized.
    Last edited by Covenn; 04-26-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Irony - Pathiss

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    I fail to see why this is a problem. Teamwork, cohesion, and coordination is ALWAYS going to win out of those who lack it.

    So your situation is unfortunate. Whining about it solves nothing. Make friends and join thier premades or get off your arse and form your own.

    Edit: I dont see why premades shouldnt be thrown into warfronts with other premades -when possible-, but I dont see why premades should be forced to wait longer for queues because other people are less organized.
    One thing that could help PUGs is if Rift had some kind of voice chat built in so you didn't have to be on a 3rd party program like Vent to talk to your team. It would be nice if you went into a WF and were connected to everyone on your team if you had a mic hooked up. Then even if people didn't have a mic at least they could hear others talk. There would be annoying people on there but you could mute people if you wanted. It would allow people that know what they are doing to communicate with others and tell them what to do.

    As of now Premades on Vent have a huge advantage over pugs, that isn't just skill.

    With that said teams that have practiced strategies and have their classes tailored to run together will still win, but I think having a voice chat option in Warfronts would help the clueless pugs.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple swiftynshifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Its funny that people are QQing about premade vs pug. First off you are puging so you get what you get some timea you get lucky and get 3/5 heals on your side but most of the time you will have 0 heals and 0 support classes in a pug. Will it be any more fair if its pug vs pug and your pug has 0 heals while the other pug has 5?

    Second as a premade you can only Q with 5 members in a wf, now taking a 5 man premade in 2 bg will be a big advantage, how ever in dex, whitefall, or scion a 5 man group will not be as big of a factor.

    So if you are going to pug be smart about it and dont q for bg all the u up for dex, whiefall, or scion. If all else fails try and at least find 2 or 3 friends to run with, and learn how to focus fire.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    I fail to see why this is a problem. Teamwork, cohesion, and coordination is ALWAYS going to win out of those who lack it.

    So your situation is unfortunate. Whining about it solves nothing. Make friends and join thier premades or get off your arse and form your own.

    Edit: I dont see why premades shouldnt be thrown into warfronts with other premades -when possible-, but I dont see why premades should be forced to wait longer for queues because other people are less organized.
    Im stating my problem in a civilised manner, and in no shape or form am I whining. If you havent run into this problem good for you, but as other people have posted, they have, its ruining the game for them and its ruining it for me, too. I wait the same que as a premade, and I will surely wait the same que if they are seperated, so whats the problem here? You dont want to lose your free wins?

  12. #12
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I'm so bad I get rofl stomped by pugs.
    I'm so bad, I get rolfstomped just trying to click the button to join the queues.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftynshifty View Post
    Its funny that people are QQing about premade vs pug. First off you are puging so you get what you get some timea you get lucky and get 3/5 heals on your side but most of the time you will have 0 heals and 0 support classes in a pug. Will it be any more fair if its pug vs pug and your pug has 0 heals while the other pug has 5?

    Second as a premade you can only Q with 5 members in a wf, now taking a 5 man premade in 2 bg will be a big advantage, how ever in dex, whitefall, or scion a 5 man group will not be as big of a factor.

    So if you are going to pug be smart about it and dont q for bg all the u up for dex, whiefall, or scion. If all else fails try and at least find 2 or 3 friends to run with, and learn how to focus fire.
    In addition to what I said above your post I think having a built in chat would help even out the classes as well. If you have someone voicing a request to have someone switch to a heal soul it would more likely happen and you could have a better balanced team. Everyone that has been in premades on Vent knows how much it helps their team work together, it would be nice if everyone had that.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple swiftynshifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HippoNipple View Post
    In addition to what I said above your post I think having a built in chat would help even out the classes as well. If you have someone voicing a request to have someone switch to a heal soul it would more likely happen and you could have a better balanced team. Everyone that has been in premades on Vent knows how much it helps their team work together, it would be nice if everyone had that.
    This is true, but it would mean that pugs would acualy use it and hears the kicker do wtf there told to do to win. The bigest proplem with pugs is they just want ro try and kill people insted of trying to win. You could also just gove out vent info before the wf starts but then agian this means the pugs have to acualy use it.

    I do pug from time to time and I would rather get rolled by a permade then be stuck in a pug **** fest for 45,min or more.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple jmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    No, I stand in the GY

    Seriously though it's a tough situation. Premades get props from me for forming the groups and taking the time to get together. They should have the edge because it's a formed group and they put effort into it regardless of all the fine details. The thing is we all have the options to find other players to form groups. Even if you only play an hour or two a day I think it's still something that can be done.

    Do I like facing premades? Not really but most solo players don't. Sure you will have some that say, oh I need the challenge and facing a premade gives me that option. Yeah ok. Back to reality. A real honest to goodness premade is not going to be a challenge for you. You will get steamrolled. Sure you might get lucky and peel one away from their group for a few seconds but that's it. You might get 1 kill but they will destroy you.

    It's tough go for the solo player.

    PUGS_
    Lack of communication, no direction, most likely no heals or even if they have a heal he is one of the 1st players targeted, not understanding the goals of the match because if PUGS really did understand then they would not be out soloing the opposition at midfield or attempting to get the fang or flag SOLO. Most likely a gear disparity. There are many reasons why the PUG Life is a tough go.

    Premades-
    Plenty of strategy, lots of direction and team play, knowing who to target, when to peel, where to go, knowing CDs, picking that 1 or 2 pug player that MIGHT slow down their process and taking them out of the match, knowing and completing the goals of the match. Most likely the average gear of a premade player is much better than the average PUG player. Plenty of reason why the Premade life is a success.

    The game is open to play how you want to play currently. No separation of anything at this point. The argument for one vs the other is going to continue. I understand arguments to both sides. Valid reasons. Bottom line is play the game how you want to play as long as the game allows it to happen. Be courteous to others and understand you do not dictate what others think nor dictate how they play the game.

    Best of luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts