+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove ALL Favor from kills in WF

Sword of Telara

Default Remove ALL Favor from kills in WF

As title suggests, remove all the Favor from kills in WF so that people perhaps will start to care about the actual goals in the different WFs?

Now most are just playing it like its some Counterstrike Deathmatch or something, not even remotely caring about what needs to be done.

Screw that noise!
    The very existence of flame throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    As title suggests, remove all the Favor from kills in WF so that people perhaps will start to care about the actual goals in the different WFs?

Now most are just playing it like its some Counterstrike Deathmatch or something, not even remotely caring about what needs to be done.
    I agree 100% they should remove all objectives from WFs and give you points and Favor for kills only.

Not even going to bother attacking OP's stupid idea, however even if Trion decresed favor/xp per kill it wouldn't change anything. Many of today's MMOers simply don't read about anything aside from googling for specs to use. A lot of the whines I see regarding many of the warfronts are due to players having no idea how that warfront works and what the objectives are. Removing or limiting xp/favor will not make lazy players competent.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    Not even going to bother attacking OP's stupid idea, however even if Trion decresed favor/xp per kill it wouldn't change anything. Many of today's MMOers simply don't read about anything aside from googling for specs to use. A lot of the whines I see regarding many of the warfronts are due to players having no idea how that warfront works and what the objectives are. Removing or limiting xp/favor will not make lazy players competent.
    If people notice that they got little or no favor from kills, then they WILL learn what to do to get Favor.

Today the balance is so skewed that people rather farm kills than care anything at all about the objectivs, not because it's more favor, it might even be less favor, but it's easier. But if they got very little for it, they would find out how to gain favor. If this is by actually doing objectivs, all the better.

EDIT:
    It's not about stupidity, its about people knowing but choosing not to care...
    Last edited by Luterin; 04-25-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Shadowlander

Would be an idea though it would also be nice if they added a WF where the objective was to win by kills and damage/healing done. That way folk could also have fun playing a zerg type WF aswell as the current ones which theoretically can be won with no fighting at all.
    Last edited by Ashmantle; 04-25-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Plane Touched

Wish they would take out the PvE quests in Port Scion. 50% of our team trying to do relic quests over & over is ruining it for everyone else trying to win the WF.
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 04-25-2011 at 02:34 PM.

I would like to know how, as a 27 who regularly tops damage, kill, killing blows charts, and usually ends up in the middle of the healing chart, and often carries the fang at least twice with pretty good success, I end up at the very bottom of the favor chart.

While a 23 who's at the bottom of EVERYTHING gets three times as much favor as I do. I know they're lower than me, but can I please get a little more reward for my work?
    The very existence of flame throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Shadowlander

Why?

From level 25-43 [where I stopped pvp] and then when I was 50 prestige 1-3 I ran the objectives. I'd get less favor and prestige for completing the objectives for the other people, and I died a ****load more times [Figure 5-20 less kills depending on the map, 5 more deaths and only 1-2 killing blows depending on the map {I didn't really look at this stat often}]

At 3 and now at 4, I said screw the objectives. Somebody else picks up the slack and my stats are significantly higher [I'm top three if not the top KB haver, beating out pyros].

My current build [which I previously couldn't access], is perfect for being an anti-healer and anti-mage build-> I am typically more useful ignoring objectives than following objectives [WS, BG, PS].

Whoever mentioned pve being taken out of PS, I agree. It'd be much better if you had to kill the commander as the only way of winning [with no time limit].
    Last edited by Reimus; 04-25-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe player versus player combat is more fun than running stones in Scion or holding the fang in bg? Though holding the fang can be fun at times. Or running from cap point to cap point in the codex?

Really why do you pvp? Do you do it to pve inside of a scenario or do you do it kill people?

I grudgingly spend time doing objectives in the warfronts because I like to win, but really I would much rather kill as many people as our group can in the time allowed - to me that is more fun than running stones or capping flags etc.

This doesn't make me lazy or ignorant to how the wf works in fact you would have to be a simpleton to not know how the wf's work after doing them just once whether you read up on them or not.

Players routinely are unable to do the werewolf death rift, despite getting nothing for killing them outside of the light and the bright yellow text in the middle of your screen telling you exactly what to do.

Death is the only cure for stupidity but corpses don't pay subs.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

General of Telara

That is a tough one. What are the objectives in a Warfront? I'm going to use Black Garden as an example as that will be understandable to players from any level.

1. Capture and hold the Fang.

That seems simple enough in and of itself. But what do you need to do to meet that objective? Only one player can hold the Fang at any one point. The rest of the team will be there to keep the opposing team away from the Carrier. They will be healing and supporting the Carrier.

The opposing team will be trying to kill the Carrier. This means they will have to kill as many of the Healers keeping the Carrier and the team supporting the Carrier as is necessary for them to be able to gain the Fang.

In both instances, simply rewarding people for holding the Fang is not enough considering the teamwork involved in holding it. Just because one person carries it does not mean they are the only player in that Warfront. And just because the opposing team is not able to get it at that moment does not mean they are away farming kills instead of doing their best to contribute to the objective.

Yes, I know as players we can observe and see a group fighting off in one corner. But now consider this from a programming viewpoint. When do you change the Favour gains? When somebody is X distance away from an objective?

It seems logical, but how many matches have you been in where the opposing team is pushed back to their spawn point? This means you're still winning and meeting the objectives, but the players keeping them at their spawn point would get nothing for it. Healing a team member that is engaged by an enemy while en-route to an objective would net you no Favour.

This seems a bit silly, to be honest.

What I would do to try and resolve this is to massively increase the awards for actually winning a Warfront. Double or triple it from what it is now; so the players losing the Warfront know they've lost. And those who actually played to the objectives have won by a resounding margin.

Sure, it will be discouraging if you are losing a lot. But that is also an incentive to start working towards winning.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggyFu View Post
    I would like to know how, as a 27 who regularly tops damage, kill, killing blows charts, and usually ends up in the middle of the healing chart, and often carries the fang at least twice with pretty good success, I end up at the very bottom of the favor chart.

While a 23 who's at the bottom of EVERYTHING gets three times as much favor as I do. I know they're lower than me, but can I please get a little more reward for my work?
    They were prob closer to more kills than you were, so they got more Favor. That's sadly how it works, and it really needs to be changed.

The could ofcourse add a "Deathmatch" WF where there are no objectivs for people who just don't care, but for us who really enjoy stuff like CTF, King of the Hill, Defend Bases etc, we really need to do something make it a bit more enjoyable for us.

Banned

hmmz how about this idea. Remove all the stupid pve goals in war fronts? The notoriety increases in port scion are about to turn that into a full out pve battleground.

If people notice that they got little or no favor from kills, then they WILL learn what to do to get Favor.

Today the balance is so skewed that people rather farm kills than care anything at all about the objectivs, not because it's more favor, it might even be less favor, but it's easier. But if they got very little for it, they would find out how to gain favor. If this is by actually doing objectivs, all the better.

EDIT:
    It's not about stupidity, its about people knowing but choosing not to care...
    I really have to disagree. It is about stupidity. I know this game draws people new and from other MMO's but the BIG MMO I came from they changed this awhile back that if you fought closer to the flag/objective you got more honor/favor. It didnt work. Many reasons why people dont know or want to learn the objectives of warfronts so I just paint the broad brush and say most are stupid I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast