+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does rank work out?

Default How does rank work out?

I'm curious, how does ranking works out? Just grind or K/D ratio or what exactly gets you rank?

So just by gaining more Favor?

bump

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davador View Post
    I'm curious, how does ranking works out? Just grind or K/D ratio or what exactly gets you rank?
    Just a grind, but a one time deal. At 50 you get prestige. The gap between rank and rank 2 is easy. 2-3 is intense...3-4 is :O.....5-6 is /wrist painful Aion style war front grinding

The ranks give you access to the ranked gear that you can spend favor on. The gear is pretty nice, but they are being forced to buff it in a few days because pve gear is better in war fronts right now.

Thanks for the clarification... and is there an indication or progress bar? or simple random message (similar to global message) flashes on the screen saying you got a new rank?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davador View Post
    Thanks for the clarification... and is there an indication or progress bar? or simple random message (similar to global message) flashes on the screen saying you got a new rank?
    When you press k there is two little tabs. The first is to que for the war front...the second is to see your prestige and how much you need for the next rank.

Above that is the amount of favor..lifetime kills

If I had to guess roughly each war front at 50 is worth about 500-1000 favor..from rank 2-3 you need 145k I think. If you get in port scion and a good long match you can get like 2-3k prestige per war fronts with even more favor.

Soulwalker

Default Tyvm!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    When you press k there is two little tabs. The first is to que for the war front...the second is to see your prestige and how much you need for the next rank.

Above that is the amount of favor..lifetime kills

If I had to guess roughly each war front at 50 is worth about 500-1000 favor..from rank 2-3 you need 145k I think. If you get in port scion and a good long match you can get like 2-3k prestige per war fronts with even more favor.
    You are so awesome for telling me this I can't even begin to describe it, I looked for hours in vain.
    I didn't realize there was another tab when pressing "k" because when I customized my screen it was off the screen near the bottom
    TY again!

It's a mindless grind. Plain and simple. WoW all over again.

It's so bad here though, that when 1 side gets dominated, the other just sits and simply waits for the warfront to end.
    lol

Unfortunately you have to do it if you want to PvP last level 50. Because it's gear based beyond that.

Plane Touched

The prestige you need to reach rank x seems to be 45000(x-1), which is a hell of a lot; if you were unlucky enough to land on a shard cluster where your side is the underdog, it's about 9 hours of straight PvP to obtain 45 000 prestige.

Soulwalker

So for those of us that leveled mostly through WF and not spending any favor along the way, will any of this banked favor be applied to our rank once we hit 50?

Plane Touched

LOL I don't want to nitpick but, meh I'll do it anyway HAH It's the intertubes and i'm at work bored... what ya gonna do?

Ok so... The grind is not like WoW. It's more like Aion. At least in WoW there's a purpose at the end of the tunnel vision. Here and Aion is like ... ya, big shiny gear. Sometimes.

But anyway, I digress. The best way for Favor is to participate. Dealing damage or healing near 'people dying' is how you gain it. It pops up the same time that the Favor goes. Another way, is in Port of Scion, you get 600 Prestige for completing the quests at the 'captain'. There's like 4 repeatable quests inside of it so, that's 2400 prestige if you finish them all.

Kill Ithluk the Maimed
    Kill 10 Guardians
    Kill 10 Endless Court
    Collect 6 Relics

Shouldn't take that long really if you're actually participating. That's an extra 2400. The Relics are easy, you will almost definately encounter Ithluk right off the bat (Starts in the church), and the rest just come around because you actually NEED to kill guardians and endless court guys to clear paths for the source shard runners.

Really, in all honesty? It doesn't take THAT long if you are doing the quests at least once per game. Some will argue that it is better to just kill people, but at least, repeat the Kill 10 Guardians and Kill 10 Endless Court ones as many times as possible during a match so you can continually turn in and gain 600 prestige EVERY time you complete one of them. It just makes more sense. You only get something like 5-15 prestige for an enemy kill anyway.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Juror View Post
    So for those of us that leveled mostly through WF and not spending any favor along the way, will any of this banked favor be applied to our rank once we hit 50?
    hahahahahaha no, you have to suffer at the hands of better geared players for a dozen hours like everyone else.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Neuts View Post
    hahahahahaha no, you have to suffer at the hands of better geared players for a dozen hours like everyone else.
    I have done about 6 Scions and maybe a 6-8 Black Gardens. I am at 12k prestige. If it gives you any way of 'calculating' time spent.

I mean, on Seastone, we get pops at least every 5 minutes during peak times. Early morning (like 7am MST) are great for Black Garden pops, win or lose who cares, you get in and out so fast... but aaaaaanyway. Back to boring work I guess... browsing forums.... for the next 2 hours.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+ Reply to Thread